bergerlu

Remove guns from the game.

And if you remove guns, players will try to kill each other with bows and stones. People are the a-holes, not the guns.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game! ... Hater

Don't hate the playa, hate the game! ... Hater

That's the excuse people use to be douches! ... Douche

Edited by lafeasd

What, no.

I have only just found a DMR.

DayZ in the U.K. just would not be fun.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

The SKS in my closet begs to differ OP

post apocalyptic zombie simulator without guns...may as well be second life...

You have no idea what you speak, or about the game.

you are playing a very early unpolished Alpha.

try the mod, get the experience and understand the legacy.

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

f9d031e5ece3cef14379307bdb0293e61225f697

• Like 4

Well i'm with the OP.

Not because i want it to be this way, but more the fact that it unfortunately it will help the game develop into something different.

It seems to me too many gamers have been brought up on a diet rich in shooter death match or team match games and simply bring that mentality into Dayz.  It seems many who make suggestions should be playing Arma not Dayz.

I agree a better compromise would be to make them incredibly rare.... 

• Like 2

That's the excuse people use to be douches! ... Douche

There is no right and wrong. Don't hate me how I play, because if it is an option, it is a style. Meanie!

• Like 1

OP does not suggest removing PvP, or proposes coop gameplay. He proposes melee and improvised weapons combat instead of firearms. Which sounds quite fun.

However, the game needs to cater to the shooter demographic

Yeah well lets remove health while were at it. That way we would have better interaction with players without having to worry about that pesky permadeath thing....

Oh and you know how you can tell this game is so just a COD clone? When you run out in open fields in military bases to fully armed players screaming "friendly" and for some reason they shoot you...

After release.

They should get the estimated current irl amount of ammo irl cherno get the Hive to keep a count then when its gone its gone no more ammo.

Well i'm with the OP.

Not because i want it to be this way, but more the fact that it unfortunately it will help the game develop into something different.

It seems to me too many gamers have been brought up on a diet rich in shooter death match or team match games and simply bring that mentality into Dayz.  It seems many who make suggestions should be playing Arma not Dayz.

well heres the thing about rareness, the story follows a Great Infection, in which many people are infected and get turned to zombies, now, these zombies dont have guns, so where else would the guns be but in houses, and who the fuck in russia, especially Chernarus being a post SOVIET state, wouldnt have a gun? I wouldnt make them incredibly rare, I wouldnt make the ammo incredibly rare, I would make improvised weapons and guns. and make much more of them.

is looking like some guy don't manage to survive using brain :huh:

guns don't kill player is player kill player and IF you playing in intelligent way is easy for stopping this ;)

use cover stay hide do scout around before you going the city

DONT BE TARGET AND STOP TO BE ALWAYS VICTIM AND AFTER MAKE QQ BECAUSE YOU ARE BULLET MAGNET >:(

• Like 1

After release.

They should get the estimated current irl amount of ammo irl cherno get the Hive to keep a count then when its gone its gone no more ammo.

ummmm wat? FYI there isnt a "real" Cherno, and the state is called and besides, exactly how the fuck would you expect a couple of devs to find how much ammo there in a fucking 100sq mile range? Just go knocking door to door asking: "Yes, we'd like to know the exact amount of weapons and bullets you have without any authorization affirmed to us?" Dude, seriously, think about shit before you say it please.

is looking like some guy don't manage to survive using brain :huh:

guns don't kill player is player kill player and IF you playing in intelligent way is easy for stopping this ;)

use cover stay hide do scout around before you going the city

DONT BE TARGET AND STOP TO BE ALWAYS VICTIM AND AFTER MAKE QQ BECAUSE YOU ARE BULLET MAGNET > :(

Finally, someone who knows how to play the game. :)

Well i'm with the OP.

Very much this although id add pvp is a great part of dayz but pvp with a reason...

Once base building is in i am hoping more of the fighting for territory for resources protecting what you have were you are rather than look there is a player he is going the other way hmm i am bored lets shoot him ..

KOS is a play style sure the least imagnitive lowest common denominator style.. You make the game tense but hey so would groups fighting to keep there lands safe from other groups... Dayz is ment to be more than COD on a big map but to many thats all it ever will be thats cool that type usually sticks to the coast i am happy for you to stay there and die there, ill be up north hunting farming building a home and protecting it from the brainless horde( and i dont mean the zombies i mean you KOS guys...

• Like 1

Unfortunately for all of you, the "KOS kids" are the driving force behind this game and the reason DayZ has become so popular. Without them, this game wouldn't have even come close to receiving the funding it has. People who don't KOS are a minority. This game would rapidly decompose if it was populated solely by those who don't KOS.

Just sayin'.

Unfortunately for all of you, the "KOS kids" are the driving force behind this game and the reason DayZ has become so popular. Without them, this game wouldn't have even come close to receiving the funding it has. People who don't KOS are a minority. This game would rapidly decompose if it was populated solely by those who don't KOS.

Just sayin'.

Very true but there also the players that tend to head to the easy mod versions the 1000 vehicles extra gun versions so when modding comes out there will be the masses playing bang bang and then there will be people playing dayz with some bang bang lol..

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

i had to laugh so hard.

COD is a game all about aiming-skills and reaction-skills. that has nothing to do with the Military strategies you can use in dayz

some guys ........

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 2

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

When are you hippies gonna get this thru your thick skull. Guns don't kill people!

i had to laugh so hard.

COD is a game all about aiming-skills and reaction-skills. that has nothing to do with the Military strategies* you can use in dayz

some guys ........

* Hiding in jail camping stairs corner watching door.

* Hiding in jail camping stairs corner watching door.

and how long do you wait ?

but heay. if you have fun by waiting..... thats fine by me

Edited by Ozar

Eh I agree military grade weapons should have been introduced way later, but what can you do I guess?

KOS is a play style sure the least imagnitive lowest common denominator style.. 

stopped reading there, 'nuff said :)