Gandalf the White (DayZ)

The most underrated City on the Map

Svetlojarsk

Seriously. The best city in Chenarus. Hands down.

Weapons and ammo like there's no tomorrow, and enough food to put your grandma out of business. Clothes, equipment, the works.

Go there. Thank me later.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.139.021

Link to map in case you plebs don't know where this Olympia is. B)

Edited by Gandalf the White

Jesus, now where are all us hipsters going to go if we end up with vanilla hordes making their way North...  <_<

Thank me later.

When I invent a time machine to go back a month, I'll do just that.

Edited by ricp

Not only does it usually have atleast 2 snipers sitting on the hills on 40/40 but seeing as everyone spawns in the east currently, everyone goes there...

Zelengorsk is better has its own military base oh and its in land so its not as easy to find so often not looted can equip a group of 5 in that place..

Svetlo huh every newb in the game goes there just follow the coast like a mindless zombie...

• Like 5

one of the best sniper camping towns + in past there wasnt zombies there so it was epic free loot

Ah, so now we see the plot twist. The OP is a lame sniping camper who is getting bored waiting. Makes sense, should have expected it from a man with a beard. Never trust people with beards.

• Like 3

Ah, so now we see the plot twist. The OP is a lame sniping camper who is getting bored waiting. Makes sense, should have expected it from a man with a beard. Never trust people with beards.

You've got that backwards, *only* trust people with beards.

• Like 1

Either this guy is a sniper wanting to blow the brains out of newbs going to the town, or he wants Electro cleared out so he can loot without worring about being shot on sight. If the town is a goldmine for stuff, DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT!

Never trust people with beards.

false! I don't trust you baby faced fools! :p

You've got that backwards, *only* trust people with beards.

You obviously haven't been to Tulga.

Gentlemen, I sport an absolutely glorious beard, but you certainly wouldn't trust me.

The prosecution rests, m'lud.. ;)

Edited by ricp

Vybor! Crazy amounts of possible places for guns to spawn. Plus Veresnik & NWAF are right there. Plus the coastal rapists are at the coast.

Gentlemen, I sport an absolutely glorious beard, but you certainly wouldn't trust me.

The prosecution rests, m'lud.. ;)

I trust you implicitly. Why, I bet you could macguyver together an airplane out of two soda bottles and a broken old moped, and safely fly us all to Peru.

I trust you implicitly. Why, I bet you could macguyver together an airplane out of two soda bottles and a broken old moped, and safely fly us all to Peru.

I presume you are familiar with the film (based on the true story) of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive_(1993_film), that's how that flight to Peru would end, and where would your trust be then? A man cannot live on beard alone!

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1

You spoiled it now :blush:

Svetlojarsk ist good, but as others have already pointed out performance is pretty bad there.

I like doing runs in the "golden triangle", Berezino->Krasnostav->NEAF->Svetlojarsk but currently due to the spawns all being on the E coast the NE isn't as quite and peaceful as it once was.

• Like 2

I definitely think the OP had an ulterior motive  :P I see people in Svetlo almost any time I go there, even if there are only like 10 people in the server.

The towns toward the center of the map are more dead than anything. Pusta, Staroye, and Msta particularly.

You spoiled it now :blush:

You should have tried the double bluff. "Svetlo is shit, don't go there." That would have been a honey trap.. ;)

I see people in Svetlo almost any time I go there, even if there are only like 10 people in the server.

It's new and fairly easy to get to from spawn. I'm hoping they sit a town up to the NW pass which can only be reached by going through a narrow passageway to the SE.