Sign in to follow this  
wuffi (DayZ)

What was the longest time your character survived?

In personal i´m alive for about 10 hours now.

(I guess my avatar starts to smell ;)

Killed about 10 people (and got shot 2 times but survived the hits ;)

Since i got my long range scope my survival time has increased dramatically because

i only have to loot the big cities when my ammo runs out .

About 48 hours...then, Kos. ;p

Me:"Hi buddy!"*F1*

Guy: RATATATATATATATATA.

Black screen

*You're dead*

• Like 1

People, stop trying to show off your mad "skillz" , since most of us have been there and done that.

About 48 hours...then, Kos. ;p

Me:"Hi buddy!"*F1*

Guy: RATATATATATATATATA.

Black screen

*You're dead*

The worst is being KOS in an experimental server after a new build is posted...

Me: "hey, you want to see if feature xyz works now?"

"You are dead".   :huh:

• Like 1

Generally your character survives up to the point you either say, "Hey, guess how long I've been alive" and/or you make a thread asking how long other characters have been alive. 

Quality > quantity.. ;)  

I've been alive at least a week. Give or take. I try to keep my comrades alive by telling them they should remain hidden. I'm usually not in the front line either. All that time I've only killed two people. One was trying to lure out my buddies

The other guy I sniped at an air field. The guy was trying to help his combat logger friend. All that time I could care less if I died. I was almost swallowed by a mountain a couple days ago but luck was on my side. XS I'm no pro. I just don't like to be seen. Mostly by heavily armed players. And I know when I should leave.

Edited by xFragileDreamsx

And I know when I should leave.

"Discretion is the better part of valour" ~ William Shakespeare

currently on my longest character with me and my friend. 4 hours -_- killed four and got shot at by every person in the area

I been only playing the SA for 9 hours. Been on my first life the whole time. Seen 1 person. Kinda ran into him in Berezino in some random building. He pointed his gun but I only had a shovel and he didnt shoot. We both went our seperate ways

I had a character alive for 9 days (4 to 10 hours of play time a day), then I was mercilessly gunned down in the forest south of Berinzino by a friend with a blurry screen. Although I was not in many fire fights on that character and if I was, I was in an overwatch position.

The most battle hardened Character I had was alive for 4 days and survived about 6 long fire fights. I think his kill count was up to 15 bandits killed. Then I was unfortunately shot in the head near Cherno.

You can survive indefinitely raiding smaller towns on very low population server. I think the true survival test is how many firefights you can get involved in per day and survive.

I thought people dont die so often :O

Edited by So Sexy

You can survive indefinitely raiding smaller towns on very low population server. I think the true survival test is how many firefights you can get involved in per day and survive.

^THIS.  In this game you can stay alive virtually forever if your goal is merely to survive.  I measure myself based on how long I can survive while seeking constant combat in high traffic areas on full servers (with brief breaks to go looting when supplies run low and the corpses of my victims are not easily or safely reachable).  Current character is in Elektro with kitted M4 and Mosin w/ LR scope, sitting pretty at 16 kills.  Hopefully that number will be in the mid-20's by the end of the night and I will live to see tomorrow.  Wish me luck ;)

Probably about eight hours. I was coming in towards the most northeastern city from the little airfield. I was by this train car on the outskirts of the city and got one-shoted by a zombie while at full health in good quality gear O_o

Most time alive- probably 3 nights.

i think it depends how much you "get into it". i know a lot of these threads are from guys who run up way NW and dont battle it out.

if i want to kill some geared players, i go to berezino or NEAF. usually last 1 night when that happens.

About 50 hours before I logged into the middle of a firefight and got killed.

My Exp. character is a month old at least.  Is there a way to check btw? I don't know of any.  Now, if there was a chance to find a set of "those" shown in your profile pic. down in Electro or Ber, or Chern, then I would have died many times over seeking to acquire a set to take back up north with me.  

Most time alive- probably 3 nights.

i think it depends how much you "get into it". i know a lot of these threads are from guys who run up way NW and dont battle it out.

if i want to kill some geared players, i go to berezino or NEAF. usually last 1 night when that happens.

My Exp. character is a month old at least.  Is there a way to check btw? I don't know of any.  Now, if there was a chance to find a set of "those" shown in your profile pic. down in Electro or Ber, or Chern, then I would have died many times over seeking to acquire a set to take back up north with me.  

So your character is about 720 hours old? Or do you count the time you're not playing as well?

Personally I check in Steam how many hours I have played when I start a new life and then calculate hours from there.

Sorry, no, I was thinking days since last death, not total hours played since last death.  I only have 591 hours in game so far.  I could guesstimate hours,  but it would only be a guess at around 180hrs or so.  The 2nd screenshot below was at the 422 hour mark, and I had been alive for a while prior to that pic, just unsure how long exactly.

180hrs would be 7.5, 24 hour Dayz...days.  The 2nd pic was taken on 2-13, the top pic was today 3-8, so 23 days and 169 hours between them. There is one other problem though, if you do not close out the server browser the game play clock keeps running from what I've been able to determine.  I play a lot, but not the 7.3hrs per day that the math would indicate between 2-13 and 3-8. 

5onq5Me.jpg

KsQzDku.jpg

So your character is about 720 hours old? Or do you count the time you're not playing as well?

Personally I check in Steam how many hours I have played when I start a new life and then calculate hours from there.

Edited by Super_Duty

Sorry, no, I was thinking days since last death, not total hours played since last death.  I only have 591 hours in game so far.  I could guesstimate hours,  but it would only be a guess at around 180hrs or so.  The 2nd screenshot below was at the 422 hour mark, and I had been alive for a while prior to that pic, just unsure how long exactly.  180hrs would be 7.5, 24 hour Dayz...days.

5onq5Me.jpg

KsQzDku.jpg

180 hours is good. Nice work.

Thanks.  I tend to stay out of the hot spots / red zones and away from the coast unless necessary, nor am I into chasing ambulances just to see what happened.  If the crowd is rushing towards something, I'm almost always heading the opposite direction.  That doesn't mean I won't take a peek later, or observe from a distance though once things have settled down.  Some think this is boring, I think of it as surviving by mitigating risk.  I prefer exploration versus provocation as of late for some reason.  If I want a fire fight, I have other game choices that fulfill that need that have much better game mechanics for such things.

• Like 1