SickAsHell

Now I know why they call him 'Rocket'

Dean 'Rocket' Hall.  The man that said he can and failed.

I believe Dean Hall has used social engineering techniques to convince us all to buy a game that will never be finished or reach the potential that was promised, very similar to the way a con man works his scam to get others to believe that you are getting something that has never been done before and how it will be the best thing you have ever seen . The rocket known for the speed as to which he moves once he has your cash.  He has been paid now, so he can fly home and create his new game studio.  I for one will not be purchasing any of his games no matter how much he tells us that it is the next best thing.

Someone tell me how Dayz differs from  Warz or infestation survivor stories as it is now known.  They too made a crap zombie game and then moved on to something else.  At least Steam offered you a refund for the negligence of the developers not informing their users how terrible it was.  WHERES MY REFUND FOR THIS GAME THAT WILL NEVER REACH A FINAL VERSION.

Yes I realise that some of you will argue that 'Rocket' did inform people before buying the game, what he lacked to tell us all is that the game is full of bugs, all future patches will focus on implementing new hats and the game will never reach a final state.  The game is collapsing in on it's self, imploding with such magnitude that it needs to written off and started from scratch and  not created in a game engine that isn't designed for this type of game.

Bohemia Interactive must be furious in some regards that 'Rocket' has screamed and shouted how this is the way he wants to do things and how he can modify the engine to make it work and yet he has failed. 

So Dean you 'Rocket' off with community money and I wish you all the best with your future failures.  You will not be conning me again that's for sure.  

Fool me once, shame on  you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by SickAsHell
  • Like 2

Uh, Bohemia made this game based on Rockets vision and hired him to help.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 5

You are just a fool period. New features are coming. Check the recent dev blog. The game isn't cancelled. And Dean is still leading development.  My god, where do people come up with this crap.

• Like 4

OP you're full of stupid.

I'll make sure you never make it off the coast.

• Like 10

Oooo ... this is going to be good.

/me gets comfy on his bean bag and gets some popcorn out. 8-}

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

I can tell you are new around here because:

1) its your first post.

2) you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 18

A game under development has bugs...you don't say?

Allow me to quote the DayZ shop site:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

That shame is definately on you the first time already.

Forum admins need to remove all these posts. Obv these trolls aren't using the SEARCH feature before sounding off. Get the big picture, DAYZ is moving ahead, while you live in the past

• Like 2

Do people actually think Dean gets the entire profit from the sales of DayZ???? lols.......
How can he run away with any money, when BI owns everything regarding DayZ?

And its funny you compare it to WarZ tbh, as this game has almost recieved more updates and fixes, already, then WarZ ever got, during the entire time its been for sale.
You need a reality check OP.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Well - i disagree. You have to understand that the rights to dayz has been sold to BI long time ago. If you would keep an eye out on whats going on - you would know that. Dean gets a little percentage ( royalty check ) from the sales and that's all. I always was under assumption that he was under legal terms to help/work BI to get the game going till "beta" and then he is free to leave..

This comes as no news for me and i strongly think that it will not impact game development. I think Brian is more than competent to bring us the game - that we want. Dean leaving is no surprise. I think the time is right and hope he achieves his own personal studio. Good luck Dean. 

Edited by sYs

Hey retard, before you blast off again do some research. 

He said he is gonna leave when alpha is done. And that's fine. The game will be finished in it's core and features. So, he won't stick around to do the bug fixing. And even if he leaves before the beta, that's fine too, a man can go after his own heart. There are some capable people working on, he is not alone developing the game... OMIGIII, THIII GAME IS RuIIINEd. 

Cancerous fucks. Coming from reddit. 

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 3

All we have to look forward to is a new hat in the next patch LOL

Is it a zombie game or fashion game.  Certainly more hats in the game than zombies

Hey retard, before you blast off again do some research. 

He said he is gonna leave when alpha is done. And that's fine. The game will be finished in it's core and features. So, he won't stick around to do the bug fixing. OMIGIII, THIII GAME IS RuIIINEd. 

Cancerous fucks. Coming from reddit. 

He should have done it when he brought the alfa game.

Edited by sYs

Do your research i'm not from reddit!

I played the mod and knew what to expect from a alpha but come on.  Dayz has the same shit bugs as the mod.  The game is going backwards not forwards.  Deadliest things in the games are ladders.  I hope once Dean leaves that BI make a success of it I really do.  I can't stand 'rocket', I hope BI implement their own suggestions and stop taking advise from 'rocket'.  However I can't help but feel this game will never be finished.

You can't polish a turd!

But you can roll it in glitter!

• Like 1

You sound as intellectual as good ole Bush... getting fooled like that.

You can't polish a turd!

But you can roll it in glitter!

Oh and here is a polished turd.

polished.jpg?sfvrsn=0

Thought I'd add some weight and substact to this thread, I felt it was much needed.

• Like 4

He's a 'grenade', that's why they call him Rocket I believe...

Is that some kind of Jersey Shore reference? Are we gonna fist the air or what not, fist pump? dutch rudder? come on now

Dean 'Rocket' Hall.  The man that said he can and failed.

I believe Dean Hall has used social engineering techniques to convince us all to buy a game that will never be finished or reach the potential that was promised, very similar to the way a con man works his scam to get others to believe that you are getting something that has never been done before and how it will be the best thing you have ever seen . The rocket known for the speed as to which he moves once he has your cash.  He has been paid now, so he can fly home and create his new game studio.  I for one will not be purchasing any of his games no matter how much he tells us that it is the next best thing.

Someone tell me how Dayz differs from  Warz or infestation survivor stories as it is now known.  They too made a crap zombie game and then moved on to something else.  At least Steam offered you a refund for the negligence of the developers not informing their users how terrible it was.  WHERES MY REFUND FOR THIS GAME THAT WILL NEVER REACH A FINAL VERSION.

Yes I realise that some of you will argue that 'Rocket' did inform people before buying the game, what he lacked to tell us all is that the game is full of bugs, all future patches will focus on implementing new hats and the game will never reach a final state.  The game is collapsing in on it's self, imploding with such magnitude that it needs to written off and started from scratch and  not created in a game engine that isn't designed for this type of game.

Bohemia Interactive must be furious in some regards that 'Rocket' has screamed and shouted how this is the way he wants to do things and how he can modify the engine to make it work and yet he has failed. 

So Dean you 'Rocket' off with community money and I wish you all the best with your future failures.  You will not be conning me again that's for sure.  

Yeah, you're damn right! But there's more, as I've found out...

R - the 18th letter in the alphabetic order

O - 15

C - 3

K - 11

E- 5

T- 20

So if you sum R+O+K+E and T, you'll get 69, divided my C, which means 3 in the alphabetic order...you'll get 23  

Think about it  <_<

Is that some kind of Jersey Shore reference? Are we gonna fist the air or what not, fist pump? dutch rudder? come on now

It's possibly some sort of New Zealand reference:

Dean ‘Rocket’ Hall will have left Bohemia and the game that made his name behind by the end of this year. He’ll move back home to New Zealand to start a new multiplayer studio, and DayZ will continue on in the capable hands of the team he’s built at Bohemia.

“I am a grenade,” he explained, unhelpfully.

"I am a grenade," he told Eurogamer from the DayZ office in central Prague. “I have a specific use. I'm really good at risk-taking and making other people take risks, I've always been good at that in my life. Like you say, maybe I've got the gift of the gab, so I can talk, I can explain something, I can talk people up to the ledge and get them to jump off it.”

Refund? Jesus, the amount of adrenaline rushes I've got from adjusting the master volume in game alone has been worth every penny of  the admission price.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 4

It's in times like these that I find peace and tranquility knowing that no one man is responsible for the creation of a game, not even Rocket.

Just like a ship without a captain, the crew wouldn't stop sailing in the middle of the ocean, that won't get them anywhere.

I keep wondering how people think game development works. I am in no way an expert but I do know enough to say that even if he was to leave as soon as tomorrow, the entire project wouldn't be doomed. After all, this is peoples work, their livelyhood, and there are several of these people, working on different things side by side, currently overwatched by a Lead Designer: Dean Hall.
Without him the team is just that: a team. And they are quite competent as far as i've seen.

Besides, i don't even worry that Rocket will be gone completely, but he will have to move on to bigger and better things eventually, and IMO we will all gain from that in the long run, by having a library of Rocket's games, rather than just his survival vision.... Mountaineering game anyone???

• Like 1