attackm0de

Devblog 24 th Feb 2014

"We've got a entirely new team of designers, programmers and artists, with a very big experience in hunting games. They've joined specifically to create the animals, their behaviours, and how hunting works. It's basically an entire group of people dedicated to making hunting and animals work in the game. They're also going to be looking at zombie hit detection in the buildings and things like that."

EDIT: I've cleaned it up and  took out the dialect. Although 'didicated' was pretty awesome! :)

They've outsourced hunting to hunting game experts. Just awesome! I wonder which hunting game or games?

LOL if it cabelas hunting games ( yeah ill admit it i have played a few of them ) there could be some epic action in hunting. always wanted a cabelas game with atleast Dayz level graphics lol...

Edited by SoulFirez

"The next two weeks will see massive development in cooking, and in the following weeks, hunting. We've got the gas canister working, but we really want to move on and look at campfires, and see how they relate to the players getting warm/cooking their items/meat spoiling, and all that kind of thing." 

Edited by Esolu

LOL if it cabelas hunting games ( yeah ill admit it i have played a few of them ) there could be some epic action in hunting. always wanted a cabelas game with atleast Dayz level praphics lol...

ALL WE NEED ARE DINOSAURS TO REALLY RAMP THINGS UP!!! 8D

500x_Jurassic_The_Hunted_screenshot_3.jp

Im jk by the way..... XD

• Like 1

I say this now, all the crap that people were giving Dean earlier today such as stuff not being done just yet and him leaving. You really think he's going to just walk off? No this guy as this video shows, is dedicated. But its cool, you don't have to believe it. Just wait and see.

I say this now, all the crap that people were giving Dean earlier today such as stuff not being done just yet and him leaving. You really think he's going to just walk off? No this guy as this video shows, is dedicated. But its cool, you don't have to believe it. Just wait and see.

Perfect timing with damage control wasn't it? lol

in4 Deerhunter: Zombie tournament.

If cannibalism becomes a thing i could very well see this.

WHOS HYPED FOR PHYSICS?!?!?!?

DUDE IM SO FRIKEN EXCITED, YOU JUST DONT EVEN KNOW,......IM THE BIGGEST.... DAYZ.... FAN!!!...BEST..GAME...EVER...KEEP UP THE JUST UNDESCRIBABLY AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!

DUDE IM SO FRIKEN EXCITED, YOU JUST DONT EVEN KNOW,......IM THE BIGGEST.... DAYZ.... FAN!!!...BEST..GAME...EVER...KEEP UP THE JUST UNDESCRIBABLY AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!

Deep breaths.......lmao

awesome, awesome.

Just ONNNNNNEEEEEE LIIIIIITTTTLE THING I would like to see, preferably soon...

Not a big deal really, just, you know....

REALISTIC BALLISTICS!

OH GOD WHY!!???! WHY GOD WHY???!?! I KNOW how to shoot an M4 accurately IRL GOD!!!! WHY, WHY CANT I HIT A TARGET THATS 100 YARDS AWAY, EVEN WITH A PRISITNE ACOG SCOPE!!!!??? GAAAAAhaaaahaaaaahaaa..... *tears and snot streaming from respective orifices.

WHY?! WHY is there so much RANDOM DISPERSION!!!! ahaaahaaahaaaa.....Why cant accuracy be based solely on my own in game skill, instead of random chance? WHHHYYYYY!!!!

*sarcasm aside, I reaaaaaaaly would like to see realistic ballistics soon.

awesome, awesome.

Just ONNNNNNEEEEEE LIIIIIITTTTLE THING I would like to see, preferably soon...

Not a big deal really, just, you know....

REALISTIC BALLISTICS!

OH GOD WHY!!???! WHY GOD WHY???!?! I KNOW how to shoot an M4 accurately IRL GOD!!!! WHY, WHY CANT I HIT A TARGET THATS 100 YARDS AWAY, EVEN WITH A PRISITNE ACOG SCOPE!!!!??? GAAAAAhaaaahaaaaahaaa..... *tears and snot streaming from respective orifices.

WHY?! WHY is there so much RANDOM DISPERSION!!!! ahaaahaaahaaaa.....Why cant accuracy be based solely on my own in game skill, instead of random chance? WHHHYYYYY!!!!

*sarcasm aside, I reaaaaaaaly would like to see realistic ballistics soon.

I was playing ARMA II flashpoint earlier today and noticed how different it felt from DayZ, the guns actually fired so much nicer. I still don't understand how they managed to screw up weapons in the SA to the extent that they have, hopefully soon it will all be fixed.

Edited by ASDF991

I always loved watching the Devblogs. It's exciting to see what's coming next before it actually does.

I was playing ARMA II flashpoint earlier today and noticed how different it felt from DayZ, the guns actually fired so much nicer. I still don't understand how they managed to screw up weapons in the SA to the extent that they have, hopefully soon it will all be fixed.

Soon™

I should have had ALL CAPS and said SHIT

Imagine if they manage to successfully make evisceration with ragdoll effects to? That would be some sick ass brutal combat. Blood and body parts flying everywhere.

I should have had ALL CAPS and said SHIT

Dont ya know you got to sell the sizzle on a thread... Forum marketing 101..

Ps cheers for the video though beans for you

Dont ya know you got to sell the sizzle on a thread... Forum marketing 101..

Ps cheers for the video though beans for you

lol my only ever thread cheers

Belive you got it all down, I don't remember half of it, and I'm hyped still.. so tired though. ;-;

No, he forgot about the clip for the mosin.

They made them from scratch.

when hunting, cooking, bows/arrows, tents, vehicles are done, Dean "The Rocket" Hall can leave...

BUT FINISH THIS BEFORE YOU GO! :D

They made them from scratch.

Maybe someone should remind the devs of the age old saying..

"if it's not broke, don't fix it"... B)

ill get some things down... 

PVC bow CONFIRMED

ARROW QUIVER CONFIRMED

searchable containers CONFIRMED

Hunting CONFIRMED, COMING SOON!!! HIGH PRIORITY!

COOKING, CONIFIRMED, HIGH PRIORITY!

PHYSICS! SOON, CONFIRMED!

Weather Effects, Current project, CONFIRMED

Bandwidth fixes, INCOMING

New melee fighting animations and hit detection, CONFIRMED, SOON!

Zombie respawn fix, VERY SOON, CONFIRMED

PERSISTENT OBJECTS!!!! CONFIRMED, COMING SOON, (included placed backpacks, barricades!)

Next update (including zombie respawn!) coming in 2 weeks, 1 week after, will (should) go to stable!

Vehicles! SLOW FIRST, THEN TO FASTER, WILL BE BUILT FROM THE SPARK PLUGS UP!

thats all i got, anyone, add anything big i missed! thanks!

I've actually made my own pvc bow, lots of fun, cheap and easy to make, but the funny thing is the hotter it is outside the weaker the bow, because pvc reacts terribly with heat. I only shoot it when it's cold out, but it doesn't help that it's summer out here atm!