crazykage

Seeing signs of strange player activity at NWAF... (ATTEN. CCSD INVESTIGATORS)

Ok, so what the hell is going on here?

I found myself at NWAF on several different servers throughout this morning, and I have borne witness to some downright ODD things. And every one of these instances occurred on an empty server, with (other than the oddities) zero, and I mean ZERO indication that anyone had been looting the area. No open doors, plenty of loot, no piles of empty mags. Just these strange signs of player activity.

The first (and the strangest) was a aggroed zombie standing and swiping at the open air. Odd, but not unheard of in and of itself. What was interesting was that on approach, I can see an object at her feet. Its an M4. I kill the zombie with my FNx, and approach the M4 to see if there is anything good attached, and as I walked up to it, a bullet impacted the ground RIGHT next to it! I INSTANTLY checked the player list: EMPTY. Why was this zombie aggroed to this spot by a player, that left behind an M4, in the middle of the tarmac, and not looting anything? And where/who did that shot come from, on an EMPTY server???

Next, after a server restart, I found myself at the tent city, and decided to say "fuk it" and make another run. Once again, the server was empty. I found ONE barracks building that had all its doors open (2 story version), but seemingly none of the loot taken. 3 60 rnd mags, 2 gas masks, an ammo can, food and sodas about, backpacks, clothes, etc. Just opened doors. Continuing on, the only sign of player activity was a ruined M4 RDS sight in the last hanger building. Who came through, opened all the doors of a single barracks building, touched NONE of the loot on the entire base, failed to kill any of the zombies, and left behind a ruined red dot?

Next, after leaving for a few hours (the game), I came back and....said "fuk it. Im already here. might as well". Yeah, im about .01% shy of server hoping at this point, but its not a deliberate thing. Besides, had I not made another trip, I wouldn't have seen the next oddity. Once again, no doors opened, lots of loot, and (forgot to mention this next bit, which was also true for the previous cases) lots of zombies around. Once again, generally no indication that the place had been touched. And what do I find? On the TOP of the ATC tower (top floor, climbed the ladder to get on top of the glass house) I found about 20....TWENTY....PRISTINE.....sheets of paper.....

WHAT?! Who the HELL goes to the trouble to find 20 freaking PRISTINE sheets of paper, takes them all to NWAF, and puts them ALL (BLANK, btw) in the most unlikely, obscure spot, with next to NO chance of being found, on an EMPTY server????? This blew my mind. But there was more....

By now, Im getting curios, so I start deliberately hopping, and I am seeing some WEIRD shit people! In all cases, the circumstances are the same: No indication of prior human presence (zombies about, plenty of loot, no open doors) aside from these strange occurances. In one trip, I found that every m4 and fnx mag, and every speedloader I found, had all of their bullets taken but ONE. All closed doors, zombies around. I found another server wherein I found an ABSURD number of 9volt batteries around (as many as 5 or more in each loot spot). Yet another server yielded a bunch (about 10-15) of rotten kiwis in the middle of the tarmac between the firestation and the atc. And more that I have forgotten!

So, my question is, what in the good god damn is going on at NWAF? Why are players leaving behind intentionally bizzare or odd things, on empty servers?

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 5

Oh god not the paper! Anything but the paper! Im so scared! In all reality, whos to say the game didn't bug the doors open at server restart, and the "Bullet" may just be have been desync. The zombie could have hit the ground and the could have been the sound. I think you're  just over reacting.

another xfile.... :D

CALL 0900MULDERSKULLY

its sometimes very boring in the north regions... ppl make strange things if they think they are alone ;)

• Like 3

Hello Crazykage

Just adding my experience about the 9V battery, I managed to duplicate on my 9V battery (I was not trying it just happened as I was sorting my stuff)

So I guess somebody figured out how to do it (I don't, I never managed to replicate what I have done that day) but it is definitely possible in the state of things.

Been experiencing similar thing's on the experimental, I was in Berezino at 16:30 hrs (server time) and there was still loot about, then I get jumped by 3 infected.  I thought what the hell there shouldn't be anything around here as the server restarts to 12:00 hrs, there was still occasional items of food an clothing which I thought was weird I as this would have been looted out forever ago.  Shortly server restarted and it reset to 08:00 hrs.  mind blown, are they testing respawning loot and infected?

In commentary to your experience's at NWAF it could simply be the person going before you was looking for something very specific, I know I have in the past "looted" NWAF but was only looking for a LRS so all the doors would be open but no loot taken. I was there when the server had just restarted so I wanted to get the hell out before players started showing up, so I didn't particularly concern myself with clearing the infected just ran like hell through and only killed any that presented an issue.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

I found myself at NWAF on several different servers throughout this morning, and I have borne witness to some downright ODD things. And every one of these instances occurred on an empty server, with (other than the oddities) zero, and I mean ZERO indication that anyone had been looting the area. No open doors, plenty of loot, no piles of empty mags. Just these strange signs of player activity.

The first (and the strangest) was a aggroed zombie standing and swiping at the open air. Odd, but not unheard of in and of itself. What was interesting was that on approach, I can see an object at her feet. Its an M4. I kill the zombie with my FNx, and approach the M4 to see if there is anything good attached, and as I walked up to it, a bullet impacted the ground RIGHT next to it! I INSTANTLY checked the player list: EMPTY. Why was this zombie aggroed to this spot by a player, that left behind an M4, in the middle of the tarmac, and not looting anything? And where/who did that shot come from, on an EMPTY server???

Next, after a server restart, I found myself at the tent city, and decided to say "fuk it" and make another run. Once again, the server was empty. I found ONE barracks building that had all its doors open (2 story version), but seemingly none of the loot taken. 3 60 rnd mags, 2 gas masks, an ammo can, food and sodas about, backpacks, clothes, etc. Just opened doors. Continuing on, the only sign of player activity was a ruined M4 RDS sight in the last hanger building. Who came through, opened all the doors of a single barracks building, touched NONE of the loot on the entire base, failed to kill any of the zombies, and left behind a ruined red dot?

Next, after leaving for a few hours (the game), I came back and....said "fuk it. Im already here. might as well". Yeah, im about .01% shy of server hoping at this point, but its not a deliberate thing. Besides, had I not made another trip, I wouldn't have seen the next oddity. Once again, no doors opened, lots of loot, and (forgot to mention this next bit, which was also true for the previous cases) lots of zombies around. Once again, generally no indication that the place had been touched. And what do I find? On the TOP of the ATC tower (top floor, climbed the ladder to get on top of the glass house) I found about 20....TWENTY....PRISTINE.....sheets of paper.....

WHAT?! Who the HELL goes to the trouble to find 20 freaking PRISTINE sheets of paper, takes them all to NWAF, and puts them ALL (BLANK, btw) in the most unlikely, obscure spot, with next to NO chance of being found, on an EMPTY server????? This blew my mind. But there was more....

By now, Im getting curios, so I start deliberately hopping, and I am seeing some WEIRD shit people! In all cases, the circumstances are the same: No indication of prior human presence (zombies about, plenty of loot, no open doors) aside from these strange occurances. In one trip, I found that every m4 and fnx mag, and every speedloader I found, had all of their bullets taken but ONE. All closed doors, zombies around. I found another server wherein I found an ABSURD number of 9volt batteries around (as many as 5 or more in each loot spot). Yet another server yielded a bunch (about 10-15) of rotten kiwis in the middle of the tarmac between the firestation and the atc. And more that I have forgotten!

So, my question is, what in the good god damn is going on at NWAF? Why are players leaving behind intentionally bizzare or odd things, on empty servers?

The zombie hit the floor, the zombie killed someone, and in the panic/game mechanics, the player dropped their M4. The end.

As others have pointed out, sometimes geared players are looking for something specific and don't bother with the zeds or other items.

• Like 2

Zeds near looted buildings or areas tend to be a sign of server hoppers... I have seen only one prison looted at NW a lot, pretty sure it is a server hopper that loots the one building then switches server so they don't risk going outside to get snipped.

From my experience it can be hard to loot all of NWAF without agrooing at least some of the zeds especially on the tarmack, they see you from quite a distance and since they are computer controlled are not fooled by bushes/camo etc.

paper and batteries... no clue especially if the server just restarted.

I found myself at NWAF on several different servers throughout this morning

Server hopping eh?  :rolleyes:

I hate people who play on empty servers.

Not everyone wants to deal with a full server full of fucktard KOS ppl.

• Like 2

ancient-aliens-evolution-240x180_zps284d

^ yes! George Sukalos or however you spell his name needs to get on this subject asap.

Im sure he could explain how aliens abducted Dean Hall while on his Mtn expedition, and that ever since they have been using Dayz to reprogram players in the hopes of creating a slave race prior to their invasion.

• Like 1

That was me. A guy has to create his own end-game in this cruel, cruel sandbox, doesn't he?

• Like 2

:D

its sometimes very boring in the north regions... ppl make strange things if they think they are alone ;)

I think it would be awesome if the developers programmed this in on purpose.  Strange lights shooting down from the sky as though a helicopter was hovering above, strange noises in the woods at night, zombies all standing in a circle not moving, etc.

Got full military equipment and mountain backpack full with hacksaw, on way to Balota airfield. I would like to see the guy's face after KoS  B) 

Strange enough?  :D

I think it would be awesome if the developers programmed this in on purpose. Strange lights shooting down from the sky as though a helicopter was hovering above, strange noises in the woods at night, zombies all standing in a circle not moving, etc.

That is an awesome idea. You just gave me chills thinking about the seen from "I am Legend" when he's searching for the dog in that building and comes across that pack standing in a circle. You my friend should take Dean's place when he steps down.

NWAF is most certainly haunted.

I was playing on the experimental US hardcore server 0-2 the other day, 45ish people 4 hours after server reset. Zombies everywhere, no sign anyone had been there, doors closed. North camo building: not looted. Fire station: not looted BUT all of the big red doors were opened. I climbed the tower and when I got to the third level I heard 1 sks shot and the bullet hit right above my head. I heard and saw it. None of the zombies even reacted, and I spent 20 minutes slinking around checking everywhere for people. Nothing. Finally decided the shooter was gone and looted all the hangers. No problem running in the open like an idiot. South barracks not looted. Went south from there to the Vybor military base. NE barracks building: all doors closed. NW barracks building: front door closed, inside doors open, Kitted M4 on the ground in a weird way so I'm pretty sure it didn't spawn there (unless they spawn with MP parts and optics in experimental?)

I guess someone was sniping at NWAF and got bored and went to Vybor and killed someone there mid loot then hid the body but left the gun and shut the one door but not the others? Why would you let someone you had trapped in a tower escape though? Also why open all the big red doors but not take anything or do anything else?  Why would you leave a pristine component M4? Why would you not check the other barracks? Maybe someone is just screwing with people but it all seemed weird.

NWAF is most certainly haunted.

I was playing on the experimental US hardcore server 0-2 the other day, 45ish people 4 hours after server reset. Zombies everywhere, no sign anyone had been there, doors closed. North camo building: not looted. Fire station: not looted BUT all of the big red doors were opened. I climbed the tower and when I got to the third level I heard 1 sks shot and the bullet hit right above my head. I heard and saw it. None of the zombies even reacted, and I spent 20 minutes slinking around checking everywhere for people. Nothing. Finally decided the shooter was gone and looted all the hangers. No problem running in the open like an idiot. South barracks not looted. Went south from there to the Vybor military base. NE barracks building: all doors closed. NW barracks building: front door closed, inside doors open, Kitted M4 on the ground in a weird way so I'm pretty sure it didn't spawn there (unless they spawn with MP parts and optics in experimental?)

I guess someone was sniping at NWAF and got bored and went to Vybor and killed someone there mid loot then hid the body but left the gun and shut the one door but not the others? Why would you let someone you had trapped in a tower escape though? Also why open all the big red doors but not take anything or do anything else?  Why would you leave a pristine component M4? Why would you not check the other barracks? Maybe someone is just screwing with people but it all seemed weird.

I've gone through a hardcore server restart in Stable, joined the same exact server, and lots of doors were open, with loot still in. Not strange at all, and it's not NWAF only, it happens everywhere.

I can explain the first one. There was a server hopper. He had an M4 in his hands slot and another weapon on his back. He logged in that exact spot you found the M4. A zombie came out and started attacking him during his logoff. The gun dropped to the ground, as they tend to do when you log off in that scenario. The zombie will keep attacking the spot the person logged off in forever, basically it gets stuck in the attack when the client side AI processing is cutoff (by the hopper logging with a zombie aggro). Your client would eventually take over processing, once you aggro the zombie, and it snaps out of it. Bullet landing was most likely lag.

The other stuff, I have no idea.

I just think it's funny that 75% of the people playing this game think it is great because it is so easy to cheat and get away with it, while another 20% wonder what the hell is going on.  I guess I am of the 5% that will probably wait until this garbage blows over and starts playing again when it is all more square.