Sign in to follow this  
beshere

Snipering and reading

Hello all!

I want to suggest that the book when reading overlap just a half of the screen. So we can observe the situation from our sniper position and don't get boring because we can read a good book.

P.S. I want a russian copies of russian books, pls.

• Like 17

I have no quarms with this. Wouldn't bother me either way but I can see that some people would enjoy this.

On a second thought though, duel screen and watch a film on the second monitor?

1) Get a second monitor

2) Put something entertaining on it

3) ????

4) Profit????

• Like 1

Question: Why should snipers be rewarded for camping cities?

Or anywhere, for that matter?

You could always just grab a book IRL and sit it by your keyboard while you wait for people to show up, in any case.

• Like 3

1) Get a second monitor

2) Put something entertaining on it

3) ????

4) Profit????

And what if... I don't have second monitor?

Also, who is able to read a book AND scan an area for potential threats. Sounds like someone gets bored waiting for fresh spawns to kill...

• Like 2

And what if... I don't have second monitor?

Pretty much the same with an extra point..

1) Get a job

2) Get a second monitor

3) Put something entertaining on it

4) ????

5) Profit????

:P

Edited by Crit
  • Like 1

One thing about being a sniper is ... that you can't really read books while doing that.

So, no.

Just go somewhere safe and read the book instead of wasting your time camping.

Really?  Really?  If you want to spend your time in game camping a spot because that is fun for you, then don't complain about it be boring.  If it is boring, it must not be fun hence don't do it.  Please don't ask the Devs to spend time on a pet project like this.  Rather keep it in the bank and find a way to either program it yourself or get someone else too once they open the game up for modding.  This is the last kind of the thing the Devs should be working on.

• Like 1

Really?  Really?  If you want to spend your time in game camping a spot because that is fun for you, then don't complain about it be boring.  If it is boring, it must not be fun hence don't do it.  Please don't ask the Devs to spend time on a pet project like this.  Rather keep it in the bank and find a way to either program it yourself or get someone else too once they open the game up for modding.  This is the last kind of the thing the Devs should be working on.

It's not boring to take some time and wait for something, but it will be more realistic to read a book, like we do in metro(subway) or at the bus station - we do it here in Russia all the time :)

Edited by beshere

It's not boring to take some time and wait for something, but it will be more realistic to read a book, like we do in metro(subway) or at the bus station - we do it here in Russia all the time :)

I find myself mixing messages here and thinking of military snipers settling down to read a book in the early hours of the morning while they wait for a public place to fill up... only in Russia ;)

I know it's not what you meant, just fucking around. First thing that came to mind when I read it XD

This is hilarious, a thread with people who either A. Enjoy more interactive content and see nothing wrong with adding in a feature thats as entertaining as this, or B. People who hate it when (talented) men and women like myself take their gear from 600m away. 

Im totally giving beans, would LOVE to see the butthurt when I nail someone for standing still in the ATC while reading War and Peace or some other classic hahaha

Edited by eric4483

Look, it is evident that you can't read books while looking through a scope. If you want to read a book while keeping a watch, just read it normally. That's how it goes.

I think this is a great idea.  And this isn't necessarily only good for being a sniper. Imagine you want to sit and wait for your buddies to run up - those can be some long runs from the coast.  It'd be great to be able to sit under a tree, in a bush or in a building and have a read, but be able to keep some situational awareness.  I'd read more of the books, if this were the case.

Yeah, if it was somehow set so the sights/scope were resting above the book in first person prone this could be cool. Of course, it's a luxury for now. Other stuff needs implementing first.

Look, it is evident that you can't read books while looking through a scope. If you want to read a book while keeping a watch, just read it normally. That's how it goes.

Reading books with scope active must be forbiden, ofcouse.

I would like to be able to lower the book with a press of a button.

So if you hear something while reading, you can just lower the book real quick, without stopping.

Hello all!

I want to suggest that the book when reading overlap just a half of the screen. So we can observe the situation from our sniper position and don't get borin because we can read a good book.

P.S. I want a russian copies of russian books, pls.

If you are bored you are playing the wrong game.

And who will pay for the rights to add the books into the game...who will make the models...you perhaps? Just grab a real book or mastrubate while waiting for your bambi. Why do you people always ask unreasonable things when you can do it IRL...

Edited by Enforcer

Enforcer.. there are books in the game, that you can read.. all ready.