Sign in to follow this  
Zjasuu

Bigger city?

I actually liked one of the War Z cities, don't take me wrong the game is shit but I'd really like to see a bigger city with bigger buildings in DayZ. This is something what I'd like to see:

(pics from War Z)

war-z_s08_zps117c8360.jpg

564023_249342685183046_2080366420_n_zps7

599858_257156801068301_298115947_n_zpsca

Edited by Zjasuu
  • Like 1

Check out the far north of the map, look at road lay outs. Something big is coming. That said the majority of the buildings in the WarZ cities weren't enterable if I remember right. I'd prefer smaller towns with more lootable buildings.

Also fps is pretty bad in cherno, can't see massive cities working out so well.

Edited by Kit the Great
  • Like 2

Check out the far north of the map, look at road lay outs. Something big is coming. That said the majority of the buildings in the WarZ cities weren't enterable if I remember right. I'd prefer smaller towns with more lootable buildings.

Also fps is pretty bad in cherno, can't see massive cities working out so well.

True, but the performance will get a lot better so it won't be impossible either.

True, but the performance will get a lot better so it won't be impossible either.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a proper metropolis in the north. I think and hope that what we actually get is a massive military base in the north. A big pvp spot to draw players from the coast, plus epic lootz.

I gotta admit that "cities" in WarZ are quite good...buildings are most enterable but they are just a big empty square...DayZ engine wouldn't be able to hold proper cities like Raccoon or Boulder, it barely holds Cherno and that's quite small for a city. I guess it could work using a map where's just one big town like Liberty o Raccoon city

I'd like to see this as well. I think it could definitely happen in the future, especially since they stated (from what I remember) that they'll be making it so 400 people can be on one server.

I propose a bit of urbanisation (housing) buildup between Churno and Elektro.

And more industrialisation (business and denser apartments/ housing) between Elektro and Kamyshovo (water front themed area?) . But also between Churno and the surrounding apartment areas.

Cities should be a pretty likely place to spawn and gear you up with bugger all proper survival loot, making people hostile if they're in there too long.

Hopefully this will give you people chasing others around with knifes in the streets for beans.

The city would be a hellhole of badly equipped new spawns eager to murder, heavily armed players would be less advantaged with guns in the urban jungle hopefully making it a risky place for them to go back and visit. (Giving the game a theme of grab what little you need and run out into the small towns and forests once again) Zombies can help with what the players may sometimes not be there to do.

I was also thinking about a natural decline in view distance as you approach these sorts of areas just to increase performance.

Also Churno plane crash style destruction everywhere would be awesome, trucks that have crashed into buildings to bring down a chunk of it.

A graphic helicopter crash and last stand looking scene.

Look out the window of an apartment building in a rather torn up room and see a blood stain on the road directly below.

...I wrote too much.

Edited by AP_Norris

I just hope to see some larger interior structures. All the buildings kinda look big on the outside but they feel super small when you get in them.

Agree.

But as many suggestions, this is for later on, there is more important stuff to do now.

Personally i would love to see the hotel in Cherno (with the crashed plane) being enterable (except the first floor). I mean that building has 10+ floors, with two staircases it could make a giant attraction if you could scavenge the top floors. :D

I'd like to see this as well. I think it could definitely happen in the future, especially since they stated (from what I remember) that they'll be making it so 400 people can be on one server.

150*

Shame that those pictures were completely doctored and total bullshit...

IKR, thankfully steam returned my money from the game. But these pics still give a good picture of what I'd like to see in DayZ  :P

Edited by Zjasuu

Since playing the stand alone I always thought cherno and those huge apartments and elektro should have all been molded in to one giant city.. that would have been a huge turn on  :blush:

• Like 1

Well I would be happy if devs add more buildings between Dubky, Novoselky, Chapaevsk and Chernogorsk. That could be city where people lost themselves.