Sign in to follow this  
sarl98

how do i achieve a healthy or healing status in dayz?

I know you have to eat and drink but how much cans of beans or bottles of water do i have to take to achieve it without getting stuffed

Eat an entire bag of rice or enough food to equivalate to that so you see ENERGIZED in bright green, then find a fountian and drink til your character is HYDRATED make sure its bright green. And you will be healthy!

Edited by LeeFriendField

This is how I do it.

Water well till Bright-Green Hydrated, then find Cereal or Rice and eat those till Bright-Green Energized, then get into a fight with a Zombie get hit, you should get a "Healing" status, and after that "Healthy".

• Like 1

The 2 indicators are in the top right hand panel with your character. You have to make them both light green and then the digestion process takes place. Depending on any recent meals you may get the status fairly quick.

Just make sure to keep both "energized" and "Hydrated" light green.

• Like 1

Eat until energized/hydrated. There are two levels of energized/hydrated. A dark green and a light green.

When you are energized/hydrated, your body begins restoring any lost blood. When your blood is full you begin the healing process. You will heal until your health is full.

Eat alot of food and drink, find some fresh fruit and eat some vitamins.

remain energized and hydrated.

I got this status after I went on an eating binge after a firefight

Heh, I knew that was gonna end up on this thread...

On a side note, can broken legs be healed this way or do they always need a splint/morphene?

On a side note, can broken legs be healed this way or do they always need a splint/morphene?

Always a splint or morphine. Legs can not be healed naturally, though that could change.

• Like 2

Honestly. eat and drink until your energy and hydrate bars are bright green.  You should then get a healthy or healing marker.