Sign in to follow this  
swartz23

My first player kill

So I just log in on top of the firehouse (i think thats what people call it). I give myself a few seconds to check inventory, status, ammo, and i think i hear something. I see someone come up the stairs, and i mic up and say, hey, im friendly. Guy doesnt say anything, he has an ax and rifle on his back. Turns around and goes down the steps. 

Thats when i hear a rifle loading. So i pull my pistol, and creep down the stairs. I see him come back up, rifle in hand. I can only assume he is coming back up for me. So i unload into his chest. I didnt want to do it. I could have killed him when he first came up the stairs. 

I feel kinda bad, but i can only think, it was him or me. 

• Like 1

So I just log in on top of the firehouse (i think thats what people call it). I give myself a few seconds to check inventory, status, ammo, and i think i hear something. I see someone come up the stairs, and i mic up and say, hey, im friendly. Guy doesnt say anything, he has an ax and rifle on his back. Turns around and goes down the steps. 

Thats when i hear a rifle loading. So i pull my pistol, and creep down the stairs. I see him come back up, rifle in hand. I can only assume he is coming back up for me. So i unload into his chest. I didnt want to do it. I could have killed him when he first came up the stairs. 

Welcome to dayz you gave him far more warning than most players currently do...

I commend your talk first shoot later move, and yes you did the right thing if he knew you were there then you have looted the place he comes back armed id say he had only one thing on his mind and it wasnt a nice chat ....

• Like 1

In that situation, it was you or him. But you're responsible for the situation, by logging out in one of the most common places people loot.

• Like 3

I highly recommend logging out somewhere safer. When you left the previous server you were sat for 30 seconds in one of the most frequented places on the map completely defenceless.

• Like 2

I highly recommend logging out somewhere safer. When you left the previous server you were sat for 30 seconds in one of the most frequented places on the map completely defenceless.

Yeah, Poor planning on my part. Wanted to get some time in before work, got later than i wanted and had to log, and run out the door. Deff will manage my time better next time. Wasnt aware of the 30 that you sit there when logging. I havent been playing long. Thanks for the heads up, and the tip.

Good kill mate. He was warned and he made his intentions quite clear so I wouldn't feel bad at all.

I give everyone fair warning. In my first engagement I had a 4 man team approach the house I was in and I still gave them warning not to come inside. I simply said, "Don't come in here. I don't want trouble and I'll be on my way." but the only answer was a bullet through the window aimed at my head.

They got me eventually, but I took one of them out in the process.

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 1

The only thing you should feel bad about is the fact that you decided to give away your position by calling out "friendly" when you were basically pinned on the stairs.

You definately got lucky on that one.

The only thing you should feel bad about is the fact that you decided to give away your position by calling out "friendly" when you were basically pinned on the stairs.

You definately got lucky on that one.

He came up to the same floor I was on, no weapon drawn, When i saw him, that's when I said I was friendly. 

You never forget your first.    :)

Commendation for the talk first attitude. Scrubs will be scrubs though and this tard deserved it.

At least you warned your first kill. I shot mine in cold blood out of a deer-stand with a Lee-Enfield in the mod.

Ring the dinner bell.

• Like 1

I have some what taken up a "if they don't respond to chat they are the enemy" attitude.  Reason being I've only ever been shot at by people who don't respond and anyone who's ever responded has never taken a shot at me.  You were more then fair.

• Like 1

"The only thing you should feel bad about is the fact that you decided to give away your position by calling out "friendly" when you were basically pinned on the stairs.

You definately got lucky on that one."

That is a man that's been around the block.

- you are responsible for yourself out there man. Next time aim for the head in that close of a range.

*still remover my first :)

I've killed a few people already. Nothing worth mentioning though. Murder is Murder no matter how small or justified you think it is.

Remember*

Since I made the typo.. It was a bandit I found looting Zelen.. He was in the supermarket & I took semi auto shots with an ak47. From about 100 meters. Then I moved off to stary & killed another bandit :)

I've killed a few people already. Nothing worth mentioning though. Murder is Murder no matter how small or justified you think it is.

Theres NO such thing as "justified" or "unjustified" in a game like DAYZ....

"Surviving" is the name of the game.

Edited by execpro22