execpro22

Looting barns and cities pointless?

So, I've got about 4 full water bottles. 18 goat and beef steaks all cooked. I'm carrying a 1911 with about ten mags and a ak74 with about 5 mags.

I have the map, watch, compass, hatchett, matches, and entrenching tool(not really sure what that does).

Basically I started to realize today that looting barns or cities are now pointless because I have all the food and drink I'll ever need and the weapons I'm carrying are better than what I'd find in those places.

Basically the only places to loot now are military locations such as deerstands, airfeilds and military tents.

Its kinda wierd once you realize this. I think my next step once I've looted the military spawns some more will be to get a car.

Turn to banditry - far more fun.

Not to mention the endless stream of tears you'll receive to salt and flavour your various foods.

Not to mention the endless stream of tears you'll receive to salt and flavour your various foods.

Sorry I am no bandit and refuse to turn to a life of crime just for entertainment value.

That is how it is, i have everything you can possibly get from the cities/barns or have something better, the only thing i am missing is the m9SD and then i will be complete, which means that i only have to go after the airfield.

If i die, i think i will be more happy than gutted, simply because i find the beginning hours of finding any loot and taking it much more fun.

Honestly the military areas should be crawling with way more zombies. A military base the size of the airfields should have easily 5x the amount of zombies it does now. Though I love the deer stands, 3 zombies wandering around is too easy for the weapons and gear you get.

I can highly recommend getting a vehicle or a bicycle, there is a lot of fun to be had there.

Posted by sunnz - Today 11:32 AM

That is how it is, i have everything you can possibly get from the cities/barns or have something better, the only thing i am missing is the m9SD and then i will be complete, which means that i only have to go after the airfield.

If i die, i think i will be more happy than gutted, simply because i find the beginning hours of finding any loot and taking it much more fun.

This. This is exactly what I'm starting to realize. I had WAY more fun first finding basic loot then I do now trying to loot meager military spawns.

At least with the cities and barns you always find something you need. The military spawns are a total crapshoot for such a high risk.

Why not start hunting bandits?

THIS!

I'm doing this now with a bunch of mates, quite a lot of fun to follow someone around for a while, figure out if they are player killing, and if they are, feed them there own medicine and let them fight there way out of the bean coast again :D

Honestly, I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

Honestly' date=' I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

[/quote']

yeah with them taking out the bandit skins then its pretty meh...

[/quote']

Just play like you have played so far. 95% of players you shoot on sight are probably murderers.

[/quote']

Just play like you have played so far. 95% of players you shoot on sight are probably murderers.

I have been alive for at least ten in game dayz and have visited all the major hotspots including nwaf and have yet to kill anyone yet.

I have zero muders or kills. I have met people who I just backed off from.

I REFUSE to become a KOS player!

hunting players is the only true fun in this game after realizing how easy it is to gear up

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out pretentious bullshit about video game morality

hunting players is the only true fun in this game after realizing how easy it is to gear up

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out pretentious bullshit about video game morality

Different people have different play-styles. Myself too, have 0 kills/murders.

Sadly true. Once you have basic gear the chance of finding something of interest goes way down while the risk of losing it all remains constant or even increases as you are a more tempting target. And there's no real goal to it.

Of course that just means it's early days in the development of the mod.

Different people have different play-styles. Myself too' date=' have 0 kills/murders.

[/quote']

then you are sadly missing out on one of the most exciting and visceral elements of this game

Yeah in YOUR opinion thats the most fun. I choose to play this game as RPG like as possible. I would not go on a killing spree in real life. I've had alot of fun just not pulling the trigger.

Let me tell you something. It takes a great amount of SKILL and patience to not pull the trigger and come out alive with out murdering someone. Its alot harder than your bandit playstyle.

Apparently letting people live is BS to you, but thats you. It seems I struck a cord with you as you don't seem to believe there is a such thing as "morality" in a videogame. I can tell you that for me, there is and will always be.

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out "griefing propaganda" about video game morality

Sorry I am no bandit and refuse to turn to a life of crime just for entertainment value.

Iv'e been beaten to it, but yes as others have mentioned...hunt bandits and pk'ers!

Not only will you get the satisfaction and joy of playing paladin but knowing those scumbags are wailing like stuck pigs when you pop 'em is oh soooo sweeeeeet! :D

Some people like the colour 'red', other people prefer 'blue'.

Refried prefers 'blue'.

Refried thinks 'blue' is the only fun colour, and anyone who disagrees are pretentious bullshitters in his opinion.

Refried is a fucking wanker who should be strapped to a rocket and shot into the sun.

There, I said it.

So' date=' I've got about 4 full water bottles. 18 goat and beef steaks all cooked. I'm carrying a 1911 with about ten mags and a ak74 with about 5 mags.

I have the map, watch, compass, hatchett, matches, and entrenching tool(not really sure what that does).

Basically I started to realize today that looting barns or cities are now pointless because I have all the food and drink I'll ever need and the weapons I'm carrying are better than what I'd find in those places.

Basically the only places to loot now are military locations such as deerstands, airfeilds and military tents.

Its kinda wierd once you realize this. I think my next step once I've looted the military spawns some more will be to get a car.

[/quote']

Here's your next step : Stash all that stuff, keep a map, a compass, a small backpack and a pistol. Then head back to the coast. Fill your pack up with food, drink, and ammo, sneak in to some popular city unseen, then drop the filled pack into a high visibility area. Go back to camp hoping you helped some newb survivor make it through the night.