bioned

later in the future, will there be actual PVE servers?

i know KOS is a crucial aspect of the game

and people will call me a troll just because i point out something that doesnt agree with their mindset

but there are people out there who aim to enjoy the survive aspect of the game

so.... yeah...

will PVE servers come in handy later?

Once private hive servers are out if you want to make a pve server then its your choice ( not a choice i agree with but hey i dont have to join it so it doesnt bother me ) This may not be for quite a while so for now your going to have to deal with the fact someone might want to kill you for your beans or just the lolz of it all...

• Like 1

Where's the challenge in pve?  Zombies would have to be a lot tougher to get any kind of enjoyment out of pve.  With a fire axe and a bag of rice, you can last for a good couple of hours with no challenge.

Unfortunately, yes, but only for Private Servers, which are going to have abusive A-hole little kid admins given the nature of the person who cries for PvE-only.

• Like 2

Only on private hives, and even then they won't be fully PVE, assholes will still join them despite white listing and kill as many people as they can before they get banned, probably even lie and say 'they shot me first I only defended myself'.  Unless there's a feature where player damage can be turned off completely, as in you can headshot someone all day and you'll just be wasting ammo, there will never be full PVE.

If zombies were like 28 DayZ Later zombies and their speed could be a server option or something and they could grab you and pull you down and other stuff, that would be quite a challenge.

• Like 1

I believe they could implement another gamemode where it gives you another character save (like regular/hardcore) but called friendly or something where there is no PvP and just let the people run around there. Although i doubt after you experience it without the threat of other players you will crawl back to pvp.

No. They already said it, PVE will never happen. Dayz is a PvP game. Either deal with it or GTFO.

please stick to the facts rather than brand your opinions facts and label them such or you may aswell take your own advice...

Edit i dont believe anyone who answered the op is interested in a pve server but realize that infact private hive servers will come have been confirmed and with that come admin control on rules hell if they wanted to they could enforce no wearing pants ( i dont think anyone would would they lol)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

even then they won't be fully PVE, *HEROES will still join them and kill as many people as they

They're heroes, not assholes.

Edited by Applejaxc

No. They already said it, PVE will never happen. Dayz is a PvP game. Either deal with it or GTFO.

This isn't CoD. DayZ is a sandbox game, not just a PvP game.

We aren't 4chan. We don't use immature slander here.

Be mature and back up your argument with some form of fact.

• Like 1

Private hives will be able to enforce whatever rule set they want so I guess thats a yes

i know KOS is a crucial aspect of the game

and people will call me a troll just because i point out something that doesnt agree with their mindset

so.... yeah...

will PVE servers come in handy later?

How is being hunted by the best AI you can imagine not a challenge to survival? Pretend the KoS are E and you are set. They don't interact with you, except maybe some clearly scripted death chants and seek only to shoot you in the head.

You mean complete noobs to the game?

Look, the game is a piece of piss, you can get fully gear and survive until judgement day within a few hours of spawning.  PvP is the only challenge.

Trust me, you would be bored ridged of PvE within 1 evening.

You mean complete noobs to the game?

Look, the game is a piece of piss, you can get fully gear and survive until judgement day within a few hours of spawning.  PvP is the only challenge.

Trust me, you would be bored ridged of PvE within 1 evening.

Why PvE or PvP? Jeeze, some people don't like turning the coast into a game of deathmatch, and some don't like churning up zed brains into tooth paste.

The point is, be creative. Your killed or be killed mentality spoils the fun of "middle ground" gamers. I enjoy the survival aspect and have logged 112 hours of Standalone play. I have memorized every game function that I have found, and have become adaptable. I am certainly no noob.

You know what I do when I am kitted?

Instead of the bambi hunting that you call PvP, I hand out food and water at the coast. I do rescue missions and save lives. These people trust me, without knowing me. And I trust them. So understand this; this isn't Call of Duty, stop trying to pretend it is. DayZ is a plethora of unscripted human interaction. It isn't a military sim, it's a survival game and a work of art. And I love it for that.

DayZ is a plethora of unscripted human interaction.

PvE servers are not "unscripted human interaction"

Usually they ban you for murdering people, and all have strict "rules of engagement". If they could turn off "friendly fire" I'm sure a fair amount would. Restrictive and forced.

Why PvE or PvP? Jeeze, some people don't like turning the coast into a game of deathmatch, and some don't like churning up zed brains into tooth paste.

The point is, be creative. Your killed or be killed mentality spoils the fun of "middle ground" gamers. I enjoy the survival aspect and have logged 112 hours of Standalone play. I have memorized every game function that I have found, and have become adaptable. I am certainly no noob.

You know what I do when I am kitted?

Instead of the bambi hunting that you call PvP, I hand out food and water at the coast. I do rescue missions and save lives. These people trust me, without knowing me. And I trust them. So understand this; this isn't Call of Duty, stop trying to pretend it is. DayZ is a plethora of unscripted human interaction. It isn't a military sim, it's a survival game and a work of art. And I love it for that.

Good for you, and that isn't sarcasm. I agree with you up to one point. Stop trying to change the minds of the PvP players and start thinking of them as NPC challenges to your efforts. They are basically unpaid actors, bringing a unique challenge to the game, with absurdly two-dimensional play that does little more than provide you with bonus content. What is a hero without the villain?

Usually they ban you for murdering people, and all have strict "rules of engagement". If they could turn off "friendly fire" I'm sure a fair amount would. Restrictive and forced.

I agree, though I took the post to mean "why force people to choose PvE or PvP only". Might be a mistaken reading on my part. The lack of rules is essential to the authenticity.

NOT restrictive or forced, for the PvE players who would never test that boundary. You'd need it for the simple minded goof balls who can't imagine why you'd want to play that way come to tip over your chess board right in the middle of your game.

Me, i want PVP with bandit armbands so i can put all the KOS'ers back on the beach all day long, but thats me.

Edited by Thane

I was reffering to the game as a whole, not PvE. 

Good for you, and that isn't sarcasm. I agree with you up to one point. Stop trying to change the minds of the PvP players and start thinking of them as NPC challenges to your efforts. They are basically unpaid actors, bringing a unique challenge to the game, with absurdly two-dimensional play that does l7ittle more than provide you with bonus content. What is a hero without the villain?

good point... But anyways, I used said analogies because he said you CAN'T enjoy the game any other way. Let the players choose what they want. They want a private hive for PvE? Let it be.
  • Like 1

Personally I don't like PvE servers. But as some already said. When Community/private servers gets up and running I could imagine some players making PvE servers.

Isn't it a tad disturbing, that even a prospect of some small private hive server with PvE rules, makes people's Jimmies rustled to the max?

If it's private hive, those PvE lads will not be able to join any other servers with their gear, so what is the issue here?

Will you really enjoy your game less for knowing, there are some PvE lads playing as well?

And maybe, one day,  they will learn the ropes and sail out to the big world of PvP / KOS ?

disclaimer: I would not want DayZ to be PvE, but when talking about private hives, let the people decide themselves what the rules should be.

Edited by Hombre

I may have given the impression that the thought of PvE private servers bothers me, it doesn't. I'm just trying to give an alternate way to think about the current game so people can relax and enjoy it a little more.