leefriendfield

Is DayZ TOO Easy?

Is DayZ too easy for the type of game it wants to be?

Yes or no and why?

For me DayZ is too easy when it comes to finding weapons, food and water. Chernarus is home to a very large amount of people so the fact that there is soo much canned and bottled water lying around in the ruins takes me out of the game. Weapons are also too easy to find, I find and M4 or Mosin and then im done for whenever I travel to places like NWAF, NEAF, Balota Airfield, Zelegnorks military base, etc...  I find plenty of ammo making it a 1 hour task of finding supplies then that supplies lasting me 8+ hours. I am looking foreward to seeing crafting from natural items rather than man made objects, those should be luxory items.

Yes this game is in alpha, but alpha is a testing phase but not so much as beta. I am providing feedback on the game so it can be crafted into an even better expirience and so should you. So please don't berail me with OH ITZ ALPHA.

ITZ ALPHA

Seriously.  THe game isn't balanced yet, things are then way they are because this is the state of the build, not because dean thinks its good this way. Just wait for at least late beta before judging how easy/hard the game is.

I have already fully geared up despite spending only a week in the game. The PvE side of things needs a lot of improvement and content. As of now, there isn't really much to do after you obtained decent gear but to shoot others.

Im so glad I bought it so early, got to experience the things I wanted too. But im also an impatient fuck. Horrible trait of mine.

I bet most of players would prefer to have DayZ SA in complete state today :-).

Not many folks are overly patient lot. Anyways if you are getting bored, which is understandable, just take a break.

In moth or two, the game might be drastically better. We should have hunting, cooking and some crafting added along with more weapons and stuff, maybe even a bike :-).

When I think how SA will look around the end of this year, it will be drastically different & better.

Yes.

It's simple, zombies are so easy that fists are the best option to deal with them.

They are the main thing that made the original mod interesting and difficult.  Sure they seemed retarded, but it was that same retardedness that made them hard to deal with at times.

Bring back glitchy/difficult zeds and we will have a better game.

Keep It Stupid Simple.

Something that Dean doesn't seem to get.  Probably why he almost died on a simple training mission that inspired this game.

Right now, yes. However, I don't feel it's fair to judge the game's concept which is survival - when it's 2 months into alpha. I'm waiting for when diseases, coldness, infections, improvised weapons, camp fires, more/tougher zombies, less ammunition, loot respawn, not so many server resets, are implemented to judge if it is too easy or not.

I wont be happy until finding 1 bullet is like finding water on mars.

That is exactly how I would like to feel in this game.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 2

In a word OP: yes.

It is easy mode and will continue to be so as the sales have dictated the future direction.

Ask yourself this: did the mod become even the least bit harder once tents and hunting/cooking were introduced?

Health, the infected  and water/food scarcity should be the most challenging aspects of the game. Will they be? Doubtful  - again drawing on the mod experience.

I am not ripping on the devs as I still hold out hope that Rocket will deliver the "anti-game" he has repeatedly referenced.

Just not holding my breathe until then.

Here's hoping DayZ becomes something more than COD - Survival Helicopter sim Mode.

• Like 1

They way the game is now is not a representation of the way the game will be when finished.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Q : Is DayZ too Easy.

A : Yes it is.

Edited by BL1P

At this point, yes it's too easy.  I can see many ways they'll be making it much harder and I hope it becomes a more difficult, brutal game in the end.

• Like 1

Short answer: Yes

Duping is still a massive problem as it's destroys any sense of an item economy or scarcity and people will keep doing it out of laziness.

Much of the playbase just wants to gear up quickly and battle it out with some never even leaving the coastline out of boredom. It's kinda sad really. Also regular gameplay is a joke until 3PP is balanced. The exploiting, camping and lack of stealth in regular is hilariously bad.

The game is in that awkward stage the mod was in really. Just have to wait for these bones of a game get some flesh on them.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

Short answer: Yes

Duping is still a massive problem as it's destroys any sense of an item economy or scarcity and people will keep doing it out of laziness.

Much of the playbase just wants to gear up quickly and battle it out with some never even leaving the coastline out of boredom. It's kinda sad really. Also regular gameplay is a joke until 3PP is balanced. The exploiting, camping and lack of stealth in regular is hilariously bad.

The game is in that awkward stage the mod was in really. Just have to wait for these bones of a game get some flesh on them.

At its current stage, i would say yes. The only thing that make things harder at the moment is... THE BUGS! But this will get fixed eventually.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

I'd actually say the opposite.

DayZ takes a lot of getting used to. This dawned on me when my brother recently got the game and was explaining his frustrations to me. Night time is too dark, legs breaking, screen gone black and white etc. There are no explanations offered for any of the in game functions and systems.

I'd wager that a big percentage of those who bought DayZ, played for a while, got frustrated and haven't gone back to it.

With no outside help or sources DayZ would be incredibly hard. Most of us, whether it was in the mod or later during the standalone probably had to look up things online in order to actually be able to understand the game let alone survive. 

I'd say DayZ is pretty hard, it just doesn't seem it for those who've played the mod, know the map and spend time on the forums understanding all mechanics, bugs, and so forth.

Multiply number of Zombies on a server by a factor of 20.

Decrease number of spawned ammo by 90%

/profit