Sign in to follow this  
mpm470

As in every postapo world Zombies should get dmg only from headshots/headhits.

As in title;P

Edited by mpm470
  • Like 1

Well, if you are going for (and yes I see how dumb this will sound) realism the fact that you deattach a zombies arm/leg/hand/etc will cause the zombie damage, so its not only headshots, what could be a valid suggestion is to make the limbs fall when hit and if both legs are ripped from the zombei it should crawl like the main character when his legs are broken

• Like 1

Yeah... dismemberment would  be great thing to do with Zombies:P

How many times does it have to be reapeted. This are infected humans, not necromancy.

• Like 1

I heartilly agree. It would be the simplest way to make zombies more of a threat if only headshots mattered.

A small hitbox with 2 or 3 zombies coming at you would spell certain death.

Devs.....please get on it

They are not undead but even if you call yourself Wolverine, Highlander or Spike and have endless healing capabilities you are still affected by the damage the bullet does.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

I agree, purely to add more of a challenge to zeds.

Dismemberment would be a great addition if it can be done.

I think if you knock a zed down and swing your axe at its head it should come off killing it.

You should be able to still kill a zed without a headshot, it would just take awhile.

Still early zeds will change.....someday.

• Like 1

How many times does it have to be reapeted. This are infected humans, not necromancy.

There's a Z in the title of the game, they're zombies, end of story. Cool huh, would you lke me to tell it again?

• Like 1

I agree, purely to add more of a challenge to zeds.

Dismemberment would be a great addition if it can be done.

I think if you knock a zed down and swing your axe at its head it should come off killing it.

You should be able to still kill a zed without a headshot, it would just take awhile.

Still early zeds will change.....someday.

Im a med student, and I can tell you that unless there is magic involved, cutting a nerve will lead the limb unfunctional, even for a zombie, the physiology of the nerve-muscule connection states so. So why wouldn't you be able to shoot right through the spine leaving the zombie unable to walk or move? I agree right now zombies are no threat, A simple axe swing can take them down?, no way, not at least the zombies I have in my head, but have in mind these are still organic creatures

Edited by Tincho147
  • Like 1

There's a Z in the title of the game, they're zombies, end of story. Cool huh, would you lke me to tell it again?

Nobody said that Z stands for Zombie afaik... 

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1112964783/zombie-virus-could-be-reality-exclusive-100213/

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

How many times does it have to be reapeted, they r infected humans who gaind a massive regeneration of tissue because of mutation in brain.

My argument is more cool and scientific then Yours so i win.

How many times does it have to be reapeted, they r infected humans who gaind a massive regeneration of tissue because of mutation in brain.

My argument is more cool and scientific then Yours so i win.

And where in the lore or from the devs did you got this?

I am on the fence about this. Forgetting lore for a minute (and the fact that plenty of other fiction with 'infected human' type zombies still require headshots) making zombies headshot only does three things:

Makes them far more threatening and difficult.
Makes players need to consider the approach to everything more.
Rewards players who work to improve their accuracy. 

However, if they're going to go this route, then I think that guns should stay reasonably common. It's a trade off.

Zombie =\= undead

Day Zero, not Day Zombie, I believe. Yes, they're called "Zombies" or "Zeds", but only through their primal zombie-like behaviour (caused by infection) and not because they died and got back up again.

• Like 2

However, if they're going to go this route, then I think that guns should stay reasonably common. It's a trade off.

Not necessary, they just have to make knives/machetes/crowbars able to one shot zombie while hit in the head.

So i can say that 90% of zombies in books/comics/movies etc became zombies because of infection (walking dead/ resident evil/24 days after etc etc) u dont have to be killed by zombie to become one, they just need to bite You.

Edited by mpm470

Not necessary, they just have to make knives/machetes/crowbars able to one shot zombie while hit in the head.

You're forgetting that they plan to make zombies appear in bigger hordes and do a lot more damage. 

More than 3 and you're going to be in a bit of trouble if you don't have a projectile weapon. Without reasonably common weapons (a little less than now) looting a city will be exceptionally hard.

And where in the lore or from the devs did you got this?

http://www.dayzmod.com/

welcometo.gif

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

I was talking about the regeneration part

Yeah lost it halfway and lost my drive to continue...it's getting tiring you know...

More than 3 and you're going to be in a bit of trouble if you don't have a projectile weapon. Without reasonably common weapons (a little less than now) looting a city will be exceptionally hard.

So that is the situation when u start to run like Forrest Gump, noone said that u have to kill every Zombie uve met. ;)

Edited by mpm470

As in title;P

Wrong. These individuals are living humans who are infected. They are not "undead" in any way.

Their lives can be ended via any means that would end a standard human's life.

• Like 1

While 'head shot to kill' would appear to be the route shown in just about any media WRT Zs and in-game ATM a penetrating headshot will alwasy kill a Z, I don't think going down this path exclusively would benefit anything. It would just add difficulty for geared players while making it almost impossible for fresh spawns. If you then simply make ANY headshot with ANY weapon kill a Z, then you've basically negated any increase in difficulty and we're back where we started from.

As a defence for accumulated bodyshots killing a Z, I'd like to suggest that they are in fact being smashed up pretty badly. If you can see a way for a Z to get up and walk with broken legs, broken arms, smashed spine and broken pelvis, then I'll show you something that can't possibly exits. Yes I understand the irony of this statement! But it doesn't change the fact that every limb of the body works via leverage against a structurally integral internal skeleton. Without that structural integrity there is nothing for the muscles to work against! And at this point a Z would be just as effectively dead as to make no difference.

TL;DR: Head shot = kill (for penetrating damage)

Multiple body shots = kill (for non/penetrating cumulative structural damage)

Edited by DJPorterNZ

TL;DR: Head shot = kill (for penetrating damage)

Multiple body shots = kill (for non/penetrating cumulative structural damage)

Agree.