Sign in to follow this  
mpm470

As in every postapo world Zombies should get dmg only from headshots/headhits.

Zombies, or nzumbe, are people reanimated by a priest in the voodoo religion in the Afro-Caribbean islands. They do not require headshots to kill, they are generally peaceful. Headshot only is not plausible at the moment. For the brain alone to function you need other parts of the body to function to, even for movement

• Like 1

yeah... i say NO.. its hard enough trying to kill 4 zombies at once, even with an axe.. you dont hit with every strike (i find im about one in 5, even with sneaking up behind them and going for the head, you can miss over and over). Soo No i don't want a tiny hit zone ...

Lol, Zombies are hard to kil? One shoot with firefighter axe, and i dont know how u can miss a hit with that. I miss only crowbars hits, but still mazbz 20% of them.

Edited by mpm470

First off the headline of this title just isn't practicle. Headshooting a moving target is hard and having to do that when there's 3 or 4 zombies coming in on you, well good luck on that. I would rather zombie AI and numbers were improved, but only if this isn't at the expense of game performance.

Naah, these are infected (think 28 days later, Rockets own words)

Therefor it would not fit the game lore to make such a change. These "z's" can be killed by shots to the body, and damaging the internal organs like the heart.

We could however make them take more bullets to the body, they should not be able to be killed by shots to legs/arms or anyting non vital tbh.

But never any "headshot only" pls, it doesnt fit the lore and story of this game.

• Like 1

yeah... i say NO.. its hard enough trying to kill 4 zombies at once, even with an axe.. you dont hit with every strike (i find im about one in 5, even with sneaking up behind them and going for the head, you can miss over and over). Soo No i don't want a tiny hit zone ...

It just occured to me that the Walking Dead zombies are also not really undead. While they are still alive after losing half of their body they still die of starvation. They are reanimated by the virus that caused the outbreak. As long as the basic body functions are still working they are more or less "alive". I'm pretty sure if you shoot them in the heart they will also die but maybe thery just need a lot longer than the normal human because their metabolism is so incredibly slow, it's just not portrayed in the series but they did tell that the zeds can be starved to death if you keep them on a "strict" no food at all diet long enough.

As in title;P

Why? Because you think so?

The zombies in DayZ are infected, living humans, and should die the same as all humans do. 

• Like 1

I don't agree with this, they're infected humans, not Zombies I think. It doesn't mean that the game has a "Z" on the end of the title "DayZ", it's meant for Zombies. But dismembering is a good idea.

Why? Because you think so?

The zombies in DayZ are infected, living humans, and should die the same as all humans do. 

They aren't even called "Zombies" as Zombies are dead that came back while those infected in DayZ are still living humans but they're infected.

The original term "zombie" meant someone resurrected by voodoo magic. No biting or viruses, just good ol' fashioned witchcraft.

Edited by sacrdandprofne
  • Like 1

As in title;P

No thank you, unrealistic. And not every post-apocalyptic world features zombies only taking damage from head hits; in fact, I struggle to name many zombie franchises that don't feature zombies taking damage all over their body.

Well, if you are going for (and yes I see how dumb this will sound) realism the fact that you deattach a zombies arm/leg/hand/etc will cause the zombie damage, so its not only headshots, what could be a valid suggestion is to make the limbs fall when hit and if both legs are ripped from the zombei it should crawl like the main character when his legs are broken

It's not dumb. Realism is all-important in DayZ; one of the original selling points of both ARMA and Rocket's mod was unforgiving realism.

I heartilly agree. It would be the simplest way to make zombies more of a threat if only headshots mattered.

A small hitbox with 2 or 3 zombies coming at you would spell certain death.

Devs.....please get on it

No, no, no, no, no.

We have to think realism, not "the simplest way". Zombies should be adrenalin-fuelled, with no self preservation and so none of the constraints of a human body like stamina and fatigue, all abandoned by the virus so it can spread faster even if the host body is hurt. Zombies should shrug off one or two torso bullets, their viscous blood and inability to feel pain meaning they don't care about a bullet in their spleen or even heart, and even though they're bleeding out they will continue to run at you. However, enough successive bullets of about 6 upwards will do so much damage to the torso that they will, eventually, die on the spot; and a well placed headshot will do as much damage as a well placed headshot already does.

Decapitation and limbic removal is great too- via shooting or hacking, remove arms so it can only bite, or remove legs to create a "crawler" which commando wriggles at you, like in the original mod.

tldr; headshots only is unrealistic; zombies ignoring about 5 bullets to the torso actually makes sense, but any more than that should literally shred them and kill them; Headshots should just do as much damage as guns do on headshot now.

• Like 1

What people seem to forget is that if head shots would kill, a spine shots would immobilise them depending on how high and a neck shots would also kill.

Because a headshot means you destroy a part if the central nerve system and so also shots on other parts of the nerve system must hurt the target.