Sign in to follow this  
gangrenetvp

implement nudity/scat/piss. : THE DISCUSSION

This is in regards to this post: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175621-open-lettersuggestionrequest-to-the-devs-do-not-implement-nudityscatpiss/

"IF YOU DISAGREE, AND WANT TO HAVE THESE FEATURES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON IT HERE. YOU CAN DO SO ELSEWHERE." Yeah, We'll have that conversation here...

FYI, I'm commenting mostly about the poo mechanic that is in the works.

" we must at some point draw the line that borders between fun gameplay, and needles tedium." No, WE don't draw any lines. Rocket draws the lines and we either support it or not. "WE" didn't come up with the idea. "WE" don't have the right to tell someone else how to build their own thing. If you want to build something different, build it yourself... If Rocket puts in the effort in making the game, he should be able to do what he wants with it. Bottom line. I think he should be free to do as he pleases and have total creative control of the game.

"disgusting and offensive" So, there is a perfect level of what is and is not offensive and YOU know what it is, exactly... and feel that your knowledge of that level should be what the developers should do? Stop mandating how others should do based on your feelings and acknowledge that there is a broad range of “offensive” to different people and that this game might not line up with your levels. Secondly, it hasn't even been introduced yet and you're already complaining about it. See how it works, then give your opinion.

"While it can be said that such acts would be no more or less offensive than murder, which is also part of the current system"  EXACTLY

"It is sick and offers no real gameplay value." Your morals, your problem. Wait to see what they create, then complain about it if you have to. I think it can add a lot to gameplay value.

"Please explain to me what nudity and the ability to take a piss/shit offers to the game." I'm talking about the poo mechanic specifically. It offers the opportunity to use the VC tactics in Vietnam. They often coated objects in human excrement in order to cause infection. That infection takes soldiers off the battle field for what otherwise could be a minor cut. Also excrement is supposed to be a disease factor in the game and if an area is overrun with waste, it becomes a danger area... It can also be used to transmit disease... biological warfare. These could all bring interesting factors to the game. We should see how they are implemented before saying they have to be taken off the table entirely.

"I am not trying to "kill" anything. What I want is to PRESERVE what I see as being the spirit of this game." It's not YOUR game. It's not your spirit we're concerned with. It's the ability of an artist to create their vision without having to conform to some other person's moral objections... It's spirit is what Rocket wants and makes, not what you want.

"But I personally see ZERO benefit in the addition" Once again, what you see or more importantly DON'T SEE... isn't Rocket's problem. It's yours.

"I DO NOT WANT TO ENDURE BEING FORCED TO WATCH MY OWN CHARACTER RELIEVE HIMSELF IN A BUSH, CENSORED OR NOT." Stop dictating to others. This isn't your dictatorship where we have to worry about what you think is offensive. The solution is simple. If you don't like what the game becomes, don't play it. Nobody is FORCING you.

"i agree with this statement. this is a survival game not a torture game." It's neither. It's not what you want. It's Rocket's game... What Rocket makes it into… that is what it is...

"there needs to be a point where that is over the line." No, there isn't a NEED for a line that cannot be crossed. That's what you NEED, not everyone else.

Edited by Gangrene
  • Like 4

This discussion would be much easier if we could just censor anyone who suggests any form of censorship. Regardless, beans to you good sir!

Nudity I can take or leave it. Shit is something we should wait and see how Dean wants to implement it before we get upset for it being in game.

I honestly dont think DayZ will have your character actually taking a shit then throwing it at player.

I know we have seen the models in the game files, but that really doesn't mean shit.

It may never make it to the game or it may be animal shit.

I just dont give a shit about this topic enough to really discuss it until we hear more about it actually being in game other than a model from the game files of an alpha game.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

this is fucking stupid who cares dont play the game if you dont want to see it

I don't particularly care about this discussion or whether any of this is implemented but I did want to point out that being offended at something is entirely your own choice. As the legendary Stephen Fry put it:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"

So if nudity, scat and urination offend you I have to ask... well, so fucking what? 

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 1

This discussion would be much easier if we could just censor anyone who suggests any form of censorship. Regardless, beans to you good sir!

That would mean YOU would be censored 8P

• Like 1

More realism the better. Please also add the ability to pick up poo and throw it. Also, pooing in rivers. You sure you want to drink that?