kitthegreat

Would you like a black backpack?

I'd like to see a 15 slot 'assault' style back pack in the game. It would look great if your trying to get the all black SWAT costume (particularly when they implement the new ballistic helmets). 

While I recognise the whole 'Tacticool' style is perhaps not contextually correct, it would look pretty awesome. This is the sort of model I had in mind:

Maxpedition-Vulture-II-Black-1_large.jpg

Or possibly an additional shoulder bag like this:

61qPg-WCrML._SL1001_.jpg

Plenty of bigger issues at the minute but something I'd like to see for the future.

• Like 11

Yeah sure it be nice for those going the all black style and i am sure it will come sooner or later...

Got to say black though unless your playing at night you make a pretty good target ..

• Like 1

How about paint-able backpacks?  But, yes I'd like black backpacks.  

It would be very plausible to have a lot more storage options added to the game than what's in now.  I mean I could grab my laptop bag, stuff 8-10 30rd 556 mags in it and sling it over my shoulder.  There are ALL KINDS of storage options available IRL other than backpacks and clothing pockets.  It would be very plausible to put a bunch of them in game.  

Edited by iBane
  • Like 2

Got to say black though unless your playing at night you make a pretty good target ..

True enough, but I do get bored of the G.I. Joe look and I ain't got the guts for a bright orange raincoat. 

I think black DIY messenger bags might come. I'm not entirely sure about tactical MOLLE system bags though, considering where the game takes place and the price-tag on said backpacks when it comes to retail sales (it's not really something you'd see your average person wearing, cause most people don't pay 200€/280$ for a backpack that they're just using for college or work). If they should make it in-game, I'd prefer to just seem them at military installations and not all countries use MOLLE system bags in the military either.

• Like 2

Yeah, there needs to be a black backpack...and not to mention green gloves... 

Even though they're not in the game now, i don't see them staying out for long. 

We also need a balaclava... tired of seeing my face, and don't like the motorcycle helmet or gas mask..

Personally I'd rather backpacks and the game in general were more like Cormac Mcarthy's The Road, rather than every other shooter with shit loads of military gear. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any, just that it should be ultra rare and a really special find.

Yeah sure it be nice for those going the all black style and i am sure it will come sooner or later...

The camo does less for you than you think...

Heh, i would like to see small 25pcs millitary bp

Edited by mpm470

I think black DIY messenger bags might come. I'm not entirely sure about tactical MOLLE system bags though, considering where the game takes place and the price-tag on said backpacks when it comes to retail sales (it's not really something you'd see your average person wearing, cause most people don't pay 200€/280$ for a backpack that they're just using for college or work). If they should make it in-game, I'd prefer to just seem them at military installations and not all countries use MOLLE system bags in the military either.

I seem to remember Sacriel asking Rocket about black burlap sacks in one of his streams. Rocket said it would happen and would be easy to do, so here's hoping.

I was only using the Maxpedition bags for illustration, they are pretty overpriced unless your in SAS or whatever. And I agree that military bags should only spawn at military locations, it would be interesting to know if they could implement a MOLLE/PLCE type system in DayZ. 

For example you start with your 15 slot MOLLE assault pack and can say make it up to a 19 slot using 2x 2 slot MOLLE pouches or similar. 

Even a black hiking day pack would be acceptable. 

1537920.jpg

Really cos I love those bags, and once you have vest shirt blah blah, the improvised backpack is sufficient for all my need's and really I don't need to be carrying 2 pistols, way too much ammo for the Mosin and SKS, bipod you get the drift.

IDK where you got your pricing... but it looks like you can pick up a bag for $30-$40 USD... http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171070205543?lpid=82

The camo does less for you than you think...

yeah the current camo is to light in general for the enviroment ( at range it sticks out pretty badly ) its not to bad in some circumstances ... still harder to see than black though . the whole idea is to break up the the shape of the human body not define it in 1 solid colour..

Hey dont get me wrong black is bad ass id have a laugh wearing the black styles shit in a game like this id wear a bloody tuxedo if it was in the game...

I am sure there will be a black option i mean there is a black tactical shirt black cargo pants black tac vest seen pics of a black helm coming so it makes sense.

I find browns seem to mask me better with colouration of chernarus autumn

We have mega green and that hunters pack. There should totally be a nice tight small black pack like the starting one in the mod

I'd love a black backpack. Wouldn't necessarily wear it along a full black outfit.

IDK where you got your pricing... but it looks like you can pick up a bag for $30-$40 USD... http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171070205543?lpid=82

The pricing in USD isn't US prices, it was to make it so that people who do not use Euro would have some grasp of what those bags cost in EU due to import charges - because it's mainly american companies that sell these things. US prices for 5.11/Maxpedition/Blackhawk/etc. gear are low as hell in comparison to European prices (a 5.11 72 is about three times as expensive in the EU as compared to the US - you can get it down to about twice the price of the US pricing). Sure there are cheap chinese made, for instance Mil-Tec MOLLE Assault Pac, which seems to range from piss poor quality to fairly functional. But why would you want to put poor quality backpacks in a game where your rucksack goes through extreme conditions to say the least? As I said, I don't mind them being in-game, as long as they're from military installations only - cause I would have a hard time seeing the citizens of Chernarus taking a decent tactical style backpack to work or to school. These types of backpacks are, again, fairly 'new' as well - particularly for civilians. But hey, if you can find a 5.11 72 for ~ 130-160 USD in Europe, let me know - cause I'm looking for one that isn't going to cost me twice that without having the option to try it on.

Of course, I don't know what the economy was like in Chernarus before the outbreak, particularly not when it comes to import charges and taxes.

I'm looking forward for more military (so camo'ed or olive) backpacks in general.

But basically more variety in everything is good, be it backpacks, clothing or weapons.

How about paint-able backpacks? But, yes I'd like black backpacks.

It would be very plausible to have a lot more storage options added to the game than what's in now. I mean I could grab my laptop bag, stuff 8-10 30rd 556 mags in it and sling it over my shoulder. There are ALL KINDS of storage options available IRL other than backpacks and clothing pockets. It would be very plausible to put a bunch of them in game.

Pretty sure I could fit like 25+ 30-rd 5.56 mags in my laptop bag. And yes, it's a regular size. It's like DayZ thinks 30rd 5.56 mags are the size of masonry bricks.

Everyone talks about guns should be rare in an apocalypse but they never realize that what would truly be rare is backpacks.

The initial survivors would load them up on their backs and trek out. Hell.. zombies should have them on their backs in various forms of condition..

..and furthermore, why are there not more zeds that actually feel like they were a survivor at one point? I know, Alpha. But maybe they should think about that for later?

• Like 1

Everyone talks about guns should be rare in an apocalypse but they never realize that what would truly be rare is backpacks.

The initial survivors would load them up on their backs and trek out. Hell.. zombies should have them on their backs in various forms of condition..

..and furthermore, why are there not more zeds that actually feel like they were a survivor at one point? I know, Alpha. But maybe they should think about that for later?

Very much hoping for this also ...one of the things i found BP for arma 3 got right was the huge variety of zeds and yeah some are wearing a back pack but even those that dont might have something on them from a former life.

Id say Backpacks will get much rarer i mean we already have a method to make one( a very good one it is to)

• Like 1