Sign in to follow this  
jimmybqadri

Night- Heat Vision goggles/Scope

It could be wonderful, if DayZ Standalone had Night vision, and heat vision scope, for m4.

I love playing at night time, in DayZ. Because of people don't join the server. But if they do, it would be great to have nightvision goggles.. Heat scope is probably too OP. But there is heat scope in the mod.

Disadvantage for player: When having the goggles on, the other players, without nightvision, can see green circles, on the players face.

Correction: Thermal sight

Thanks for your time, if you reed it to here.

Edited by jimmyBqadri

The L85 thermal was way too advantageous in the mod but i wouldn't be against NVGs or thermal scopes being ultra rare - as in a handful present across all servers.

And i'm no NVG expert but i'm not sure if NVGs light up green when you put them on - kinda defeats the purpose i think.

• Like 1

The L85 thermal was way too advantageous in the mod but i wouldn't be against NVGs or thermal scopes being ultra rare - as in a handful present across all servers.

And i'm no NVG expert but i'm not sure if NVGs light up green when you put them on - kinda defeats the purpose i think.

No, but having the goggles on, would be too OP. So i think they need a disadvantage.  ^_^

In the mod, if you used the nvg the field of vision is reduced Considerably. Surely these items will be added when the game becomes more "military". Hopefully soon.

Pretty please no nvg or thermal scopes. Not even very rare. PvP is hard enough as it is. Characters get sniped by people they never laid eyes on. Do we really need more of that? Or are you just begging for a win button.

• Like 2

I agree that putting NV goggles in would not be the worst idea, I would just say they would need to have disadvantages like lessened FOV (as Alexander10 was saying) and massive battery consumption.  I would also say very limited spawns.  I would also say they would only work in 1PP like scopes, you shouldn't be able to put them on in 3PP and have the whole screen tinted in low visibility green perspective.  As for Thermal and NV scopes, that's a little touchy - I'd say no to Thermal, and maybe yes to NV but with a static short range zoom to prevent long range night time sniping in practically perfect conditions.  And if you are going to put in NV, shining a flashlight or lantern at the person should blind them until the NV is deactivated.

Those were the best days though.. I miss that thing...

But I agree with everyone. It will just become too OP, and not to mention, I don't think there's a thermal attachment for an M4, nor are there thermal goggles.

And I don't believe NVGs light up green..

Disadvantage: You can lose your vision slightly/eyes start to be sore and hurt.

• Like 1

In the mod, if you used the nvg the field of vision is reduced Considerably. Surely these items will be added when the game becomes more "military". Hopefully soon.

Not only would your vision be narrowed you would also not see objects very clear from a certain distance because the goggles only have a certain focus area.

No plz no IR scopes, ruins the game, everyone will use it and looks like crap. I believe the LR scope is more than enough. NV goggles maybe when they fix the gamma but they should be ultra rare or in need of regular battery replacement.

Edited by whothehellishe

There is even more drawbacks, like temporary blindness from oncoming light and even from muzzle flash from own weapon (some NVG can get even malfunction, depending by intensity of light source). Sure, exist  some possibilities to reduce this, by filters, muzzle compensators etc, but they have its own drawbacks.

PS. I'm not a fan of adding NVGs.

Pretty please no nvg or thermal scopes. Not even very rare. PvP is hard enough as it is. Characters get sniped by people they never laid eyes on. Do we really need more of that? Or are you just begging for a win button.

are you stupid? NVGs in the mod are common loot with out the NVGs night play is impossible its not to OP to have nvgs quit being a little pussy about getting killed

Edited by orlok
not needed.

If you make NVGs common enough everyone will get them thus evening it out Id rather have NVGS so i can venture at night becuase even with gamma up and brightness lets face it you cant play at night

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on NVGs.  If you don't like people's opinions don't read the threads.  But guys, keep it civil.

Thanks,

Sula

NVGs are ok but with some drawbacks as battery comsumption...

Thermal Vision seems too OP to me

My opinion:
A big No to thermal vision... That L85 was absurd... tons of fun but absurd.

For NVG... I'd be okay with having these in there but under a few conditions. ...
1) while on, you have to be in 1st person no "if ands or buts". Turning them on will only work in 1st person and you would have to remain as such. 
2) A different style battery to operate them that is very rare and consumed very fast, also the NV goggles/ scopes do not spawn with said battery.
3) Limited range of view, like 100m would be an advantage and still be pretty fair, also it would not be like seeing in the day time, peripheral vision would be darker.
4a) to accurately fire your weapon with NV Goggles, you need an IR laser, as using headset goggles down a scope is pretty damn hard.   
4b) OR you could have a NV scope which has the same or similar distance restrictions. 
5) Having a lit flashlight pointed at your eyes in close range causes your screen to go black momentarily.

I think these restrictions are fair as they can still cause quite an advantage especially in cities yet they are not the be all end all.

Edited by Trayt
  • Like 1

There was a reason thermal scopes were banned in most servers in DayZ mod.

Edited by JuX

I also wouldn't mind NVG's if they were very rare, drained batteries, reduced FOV, only worked in 1PP and didn't work with rifle scopes.  Let's also remember, they can also be damaged by gunfire, melee or zed hits.  I believe Rocket once mentioned eventually including something like an NV monocular... but not something that could be attached to a rifle.

I think NV scopes aren't a good idea.

Edited by entspeak

The rocket once spoke of a 1 handed minocular style nightvision item and you would have to pull it up to your face to use as the first idea for NV implementation.

I aint chasin the link fo ya cause it was in the 3 hr video blog he was in that released around  oct 2013 or so. ^_^

and since you start off as a civ and have no idea how to operate nvg's when you turn them on the IR light shines up so that everyone else with night vision goggles will see your night vision goggles and vice versa.

No, but having the goggles on, would be too OP. So i think they need a disadvantage.   ^_^

NVGs actually do give off a green light where you look through. The visibility of this light depends on what the brightness of the NVG and if you use the rubber attachment that goes over your eye(s). From my experience, the rubber attachments are very annoying and i have never used them, and the light is barely visible to the naked eye, but can be seen pretty easily if you are using NVGs.

If you make NVGs common enough everyone will get them thus evening it out Id rather have NVGS so i can venture at night becuase even with gamma up and brightness lets face it you cant play at night

I really wish that it was actually hard to see at night. Right now you can change three graphics settings and see clear as day at night, but in grayscale.

Edited by ChekovP

are you stupid? NVGs in the mod are common loot with out the NVGs night play is impossible its not to OP to have nvgs quit being a little pussy about getting killed

In his defence, I'd say stop being a wimp about playing at night without NVGs, man up and fight in the dark, put a light on your gun and fight like a man.

Also, there are 24/7 day time servers, I think that's the "easy mode" you're looking for.

no against those tacticool predator style scopes

but civilian hand held thermal scopes/nightvision would be nice

Nachtsichtgeraet-Monookular-wasserdicht-

nachtsicht.jpg

you get them even in grocerystores :D

and i hat to admit but some lowtec military style would fit great since its an standart eqippment for helicopter pilots and we have an airbase
aldi-nachtsichtgeraete-discounter.jpg

nachsich.jpg