Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha8

Best loot route(personally+map route)

This one requires a decent bit of experience with land navigation. I will explain to the best of my abilities, then back show you fragmented images of the loot route:

Beginning: Anywhere that isn't so far east you blow your brains out before you make it to Elektro.

Ending: Wherever you want it, baby ;)

So basically, you start out somewhere near Elektro/Kamyshovo. On a low pop server, try to gather maybe a backpack and definitely a melee weapon. This is your problem, not mine. So first things first:
SKIP ELEKTRO!!! YOU WILL DIE!!!

After you have either filled up at the pond slightly north off the little road going up into the mountains or at the well on sniper hill(bad place), or skipped it(only if you know where you are going!!!!!). Get into the treeline in the back of Elektro, you can scavenge on the outskirts but Elektro is a death zone. So stay about 200ish meters into the bush when running along the coastline. You will run into a mini dam a little bit in the run. Fill up there if you can. Continue running until you're up Cherno's ass. Just past Prigorodki(little village b4 Cherno, back and to the right is a little pond if you're dying of thirst.

Get into the treeline! The highrises on the right side are Dubky. The residential buildings take toooooo long to loot and are a waste of precious time. Run around the outside of it, and hit the grocery store, and run directly to the other grocery store. Head into the treeline back to the right(if you are parallel with main road). Run around all of the highrises. And cut slightly in towards the left. If you see Balota, you have arrived, if you see a creek running up a mountain, follow the creek down and you are at Balota.

Balota is plausibly non-essential, but mostly worth it for getting a weapon. Just check the jail and the barracks if you're on a low pop server, but it's also scary so GTFO of there asap.

Re-orient yourself with the creek. If you follow it basically straight you will get to NWAF, but that isn't where you should head yet. Facing the creek straight, take your character basically hard left and slightly up. Like a heavy merge. You should hit Pavlovo military base. Almost always untouched except by server hoppers. Great military loot. Don't forget about the hidden barracks. Head past the town, you can follow the road or basically straight with a slight right merge you get to Zelenogorsk. There is a Jail and two barracks right as you get to the city. After there, depending on your supplies, you can hit the grocery store(in sight from there), or/then cross town and go to green mountain.(Cant miss the giant antenna). There is one jail there. Follow the road to the end, to the right of the road where the forest ends is a deerstand. Orient yourself straight with the deer stand. Run straight and to the right a tiny bit. You will hit Veresnik military base. It's a landmark for NWAF, so be careful. From there, run straight north into NWAF if you please(you should be heavily geared from there or well before.  Keep in mind you don't have to follow most of this path to get geared.

THE REST IS UP TO YOU! Loop around to NEAF, Berezino, Stay for PvP, run south and kill bambis if you are a douche.

Images aren't aligned, so try to look where the green starts and ends(I SOWWY <3)

Map: DayZdb

Map Route(fragmented):

0db4c4b096892482fbe04ff9633c5c0a.png87ef5507dd6f6a835807f94b69f4343e.png

da7e44a208cc1129aec63b7c30ed3aa1.png
4b50d777b3246b16180573255aa30192.png

3889c1f7ef67a2b5ca7752a74f855e5e.png

• Like 3

sssshhhh dont tell the fresh players where to go lol  they might shoot back if they get guns......

LOL beans for all the effort i never have a set route as you never know what path has been taken and looted i go with the flow but its always straight of the coast inland where ever i spawn from .. So many good loot spots the paths are alomst endless..

• Like 2

sssshhhh dont tell the fresh players where to go lol  they might shoot back if they get guns......

LOL beans for all the effort i never have a set route as you never know what path has been taken and looted i go with the flow but its always straight of the coast inland where ever i spawn from .. So many good loot spots the paths are alomst endless..

Plenty 'O guns. On my loot route with a buddy(I was gearing him up, I already had gear). We found: 2 magnums, 2 SKS', 2 magnums, 1 FNX45 and a mag, 2 SKS 10 round clips(in the same damn building), a can opener, and lots more. We stopped at Veresnik, and we missed Pavlovo due to a miscalculation in my trajectory.

Hmmm no one willing to give up there secret loot paths ' sighs" thought i might have learnt a little more lol .

No mention of heading straight up and across to green mountain then zelengorsk with a cell/barracks at  green mountain a small military area to the the side of zelen not to mention more civilian buildings than you can poke a stick at .

Just these 2 spots close together will net you a melee weapon a primary of any kind really and heaps of food supplies and cloths. Followed by a quick trip up to the mil area south west of stary then straight shot north to vybor and the NWAF if your feeling brave....

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere "skip Elektro". Don't skip Elektro. There's no one there anymore after almost every spawn is in Solnichniy.

It's a great place for loot and it's a low danger area now.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere "skip Elektro". Don't skip Elektro. There's no one there anymore after almost every spawn is in Solnichniy.

I didn't mean it LITERALLY. I mean don't overstay your welcome. If I must, I sneak around the side, hit the school, piano building pub, if im feeling brave office building, and then grocery store then GTFO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST! I do not like getting shot in Elektro.

Whilst i agree it is a good route it is also a well trodden one.

Gear is getting better dispersed now.. you can get good gear without visiting any of the military hotspots. Personally I think the best route to get gear is the least trodden.

Whilst i agree it is a good route it is also a well trodden one.

Gear is getting better dispersed now.. you can get good gear without visiting any of the military hotspots. Personally I think the best route to get gear is the least trodden.

Indeed, but for most players there is no route. They just have berezino/NEAF wars

Also, you can do any variation of this route. If you get lucky in Dubky, you can run straight along the coast to Kamenka, and make a straight shot to Pavlovo, if it's easier on you for navigation or not getting raped in Balota.

Beans for encouraging players to get off the coast and head to where there are some items that will help them to survive.

No fixed routes. Every day is different. Carpe diem.

It isn't really a FIXED route. I use a combo of these. You can get by with any of these locations. I can survive when I spawn anywhere, anytime; this is just a tried and true method.

It isn't really a FIXED route. I use a combo of these. You can get by with any of these locations. I can survive when I spawn anywhere, anytime; this is just a tried and true method.

Yes, i understood the idea.

Still i maintain my chaotic way of travelling. Love getting distracted by stuff and derail from the previous path.

As a group we do differently but our agenda is our agenda and places where stuff spawns are no secret.

As a group is more important to setup a rendez vouz point rather than a loot route, as usually if everyone spawns at the same time, we'll be 9/10 of the time in 2 man teams. So come what may from every town in the way, we'll take it and proceed to the meeting spot. And that doesn't mean necessarily the shortest route.

My personal favourite will always be Svetloyarsk albeit out of the way. Love the town and the supplies are abundant. It is a hard nut to crack and control even with a big group as the layout of the town is very unlike the others.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Yes, i understood the idea.

Still i maintain my chaotic way of travelling. Love getting distracted by stuff and derail from the previous path.

As a group we do differently but our agenda is our agenda and places where stuff spawns are no secret.

As a group is more important to setup a rendez vouz point rather than a loot route, as usually if everyone spawns at the same time, we'll be 9/10 of the time in 2 man teams. So come what may from every town in the way, we'll take it and proceed to the meeting spot. And that doesn't mean necessarily the shortest route.

My personal favourite will always be Svetloyarsk albeit out of the way. Love the town and the supplies are abundant. It is a hard nut to crack and control even with a big group as the layout of the town is very unlike the others.

You are right about the rendezvouz point thing. I ran this loot route to gear up a buddy, and yeah.

Funny but i was on a full server the other day and i pretty much had all of Cherno and its loot to myself.

IMHO, you shouldn't skip Elektro at the start.  There is no point whatsoever.  It's always worth running through as a bambi, because if you spawn at Kamyshovo it only takes about 10 minutes to get there and at that point in game terms, you lose nothing if you die.  A quick run through Elektro will usually gets you something interesting even if the high-value loot is already gone...

You've also made a mistake in going straight from Dubky to Balota without slipping through Chapaevsk to loot a (normally-untouched) Camo-building, Office, Hospital, 21-Garages complex and 2 more supermarkets!  This would almost certainly allow you to arrive at Balota with some gear, rather than empty handed.

Edited by FatboyTim

I don't see the point in skipping Elektro in order to increase the likelihood of surviving. You just spawned. Why would you care if you died on your first waypoint?

Loot both fire stations, the school, the supermarket, the train station.

Funny but i was on a full server the other day and i pretty much had all of Cherno and its loot to myself.

Yesterday, US 0-2 on experimental 45/50... cherno was empty and loot everywhere.

We wondered if there was an event of sorts going on somewhere because the West was pretty much empty

• Like 1

Elektro is a great smash and grab location. In/out in 10 minutes and you could get yourself some serious gear.

IMO the old Sniper Hill is more like "10 shots and still miss Hill"

• Like 3

NWA>Zelengorsk>the base south of zelen

Then backup....rinse and repeat lol

That's got everything....hospital tonne of residential and mill. I think people are gonna end up living in there own small sections of the map when its done. With the med centre going in there wont be any need to ever hit the coast :)

• Like 2

Yesterday, US 0-2 on experimental 45/50... cherno was empty and loot everywhere.

We wondered if there was an event of sorts going on somewhere because the West was pretty much empty

I was on the same server up north i think.  So if the north, south and west are empty.......

• Like 1

With the scarcity of ammo ( especially 5.56 as we noticed so far ) coming in stable soon enough I think the loot runs will change drastically. Loving it as many of us tend to now go for weapons easier to supply and maintain.

I was on the same server up north i think.  So if the north, south and west are empty.......

Everyone was stuck up on CDF territory... ( see Arma2 storyline for more info )

We still had fun aggroing those huge mobs of infected in the appartments.