Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

Zombies killing each other?

Just other day I was runing away from 4 zeds at factory south of Polana. They were wery close to each other, I was runing backwards without shooting or hiting them. Then I saw blood and one zed disapeared.

Is it posible that one of zeds killed him???

I tried that again with 6 zeds but they wont do it again or run so close to each other in group.

Yep its possible. I've seen two zombies punching a dead body on the ground while facing each other. Looked like they were fighting when suddenly one died after the other hit it.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

Before they released, Rocket said something about zombies fighting each other, said he wasn't sure if it was a Bug or a Feature.  Probably not the same thing, but it would make sense.  I just hope they don't 'fix' it as it would be something interesting.  Maybe they won't make it so zombies start turning on each other but maybe fight over a body, or simply kill each other as they try to break down a door, sort of like when people get trampled during a panic.

• Like 2

Yes. I just saw one of Rhodes videos and while he was fighting 2 zombies one of them hit the other. They didn't continue fighting on since he dispatched of them, but I think it can happen on coincidence.

Bug or not, I like it!

If they do damage to your body they should do damage on themseves.

Also they should be able to damage cars, once cars are in game.

I enjoyed runing over hordes of zeds in Namalsk, but they should be able to break your headlights, body or windows after 10 or so hits.

Bug or not, I like it!

If they do damage to your body they should do damage on themseves.

Also they should be able to damage cars, once cars are in game.

I enjoyed runing over hordes of zeds in Namalsk, but they should be able to break your headlights, body or windows after 10 or so hits.

As long as it isn't too gamey. If I'm barreling along at top speed and hit a zombie, the damage should be based on the car smashing into a sack of meat and bones, not from being punched in a hitbox. I'd rather they underdo than overdo vehicle vulnerability, especially if they inevitably explode like most video game cars.

Summary of dev Q&As from streams:

Live stream with Rocket  (20.02.2014) - from reddit

• Physics based doors, locking doors and a complete overhaul of doors in the future.
  • Player will be able to lock doors, zombies pile into them until they break
  • Zombies getting more aggressive, higher numbers as server performance gets better

good, zeds should be more integrated in game and bigger treat than players. I already see assholes that shoots you on leg while you run from 20 zeds (Walking dead episode with fat guy)

I heard Michael Vick was the brains behind the zombie fighting mechanics

Edited by DeatHTaX

I've seen it happen a few times! It's a massive help and means you don't have to do as much work :P

Summary of dev Q&As from streams:

Live stream with Rocket  (20.02.2014) - from reddit

• Physics based doors, locking doors and a complete overhaul of doors in the future.
  • Player will be able to lock doors, zombies pile into them until they break
  • Zombies getting more aggressive, higher numbers as server performance gets better

good, zeds should be more integrated in game and bigger treat than players. I already see assholes that shoots you on leg while you run from 20 zeds (Walking dead episode with fat guy)

If thats the case with Zombies pile into doors to break them, Then you should be able to get out of windows and Zombies should be able to get in through windows i dont know why this is not in game anyway?

Edited by Smiley_ie