Sign in to follow this  
doctorrayray

Dayz Steam Trading Cards

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think DayZ should have Steam Trading Cards?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone, as probably most of you know there is Steam Trading Cards for a lot of games on Steam. For those of you that are not familiar with the system; depending on the game a certain amount of cards drop for either accomplishing something or playing for X amount of time. For DayZ I think it should be time played. Once you collect all the cards you can craft them into a badge. Then rinse and repeat until you have all the badges.

But if you did not get enough cards to complete the badge you can go on the community market and buy the rest for $.10-.15.

The badges could kind of follow the forum format:

1. On the Coast

2. Scavenger

3. Helicopter Hunter

4. Survivor

and so forth

So do you all think once DayZ rolls around to full release that it should have some Steam Trading Cards and badges?

(Obviously this has no in-game value. All it shows is that you paid a few cents to get trading cards then crafted a Steam badge.)

• Like 3

Yeah sure, it's outside the game itself so it doesn't bother me. 

As long as nothing pops up while I'm playing (achievements or any of that crap) then any of this type of thing is cool.

Yeah sure, it's outside the game itself so it doesn't bother me. 

As long as nothing pops up while I'm playing (achievements or any of that crap) then any of this type of thing is cool.

There is normally a notification in the Steam overlay ... but so does notifications of when your friends come online. I personally don't get the Trading Cards concept ... but I won't say no to this. 8-}

There is normally a notification in the Steam overlay ... but so does notifications of when your friends come online. I personally don't get the Trading Cards concept ... but I won't say no to this. 8-}

I usually sell my trading cards just to play for the cheap 50 cent games during sales.

So far two people have voted 'no', and I can't for the life of me reason why. It'd take next to no time for someone in the art department to mock together a handful of cards, and even if you have no interest in them, you can still sell them and make actual money for your Steam wallet. I can't think of a downside to the idea.

So far two people have voted 'no', and I can't for the life of me reason why. It'd take next to no time for someone in the art department to mock together a handful of cards, and even if you have no interest in them, you can still sell them and make actual money for your Steam wallet. I can't think of a downside to the idea.

The same thing was in the Steam Achievement topic. I mean, if they don't like it; they don't have to achieve them. It does not effect their game experience.

Also, IMO, I think adding optional things into a games is a 100% pro - people can skip that if they don't care.

And in the other hand, people who don't want trading cards or achievements, asking for weapons like rocket-launcher, mini-guns and grenades. :facepalm:

Sure why not, I wasn't convinced by the whole trading cards thing at first but it's actually quite fun. I just wish random boosters dropped more. :P

I'm also interested in why some people opted for no. I can't think of a single negative thing that could result from this.

I would like the trading cards, lets you go a little further progress wise on the games you love.

And you can represent your fav games by using the badges on your profile so id totally go for it

Yeah because Steam cards have a point. lol wtf

A lot of people find it fun to collect them and badges are a good vanity item, especially if you like a game enough to go for them. That's the point. There's also no reason to oppose them as people have already said, I could make a set of Steam trading cards for DayZ myself in about half an hour.

A lot of people find it fun to collect them and badges are a good vanity item, especially if you like a game enough to go for them. That's the point. There's also no reason to oppose them as people have already said, I could make a set of Steam trading cards for DayZ myself in about half an hour.

I didn't oppose anything.  I said they're pointless.  Which they are.  Fun to collect for some?  Okay cool, but they serve no practical purpose. 

I didn't oppose anything.  I said they're pointless.  Which they are.  Fun to collect for some?  Okay cool, but they serve no practical purpose. 

They have a point, I already explained what it is. Now you have changed your argument from "point" to "practical purpose" though, sure, they do nothing that is actually productive in any way, what's wrong with that though? It could be said that you posting in this thread serves no practical purpose, you're just killing time right?

They have a point, I already explained what it is. Now you have changed your argument from "point" to "practical purpose" though, sure, they do nothing that is actually productive in any way, what's wrong with that though? It could be said that you posting in this thread serves no practical purpose, you're just killing time right?

A nit-picker. <_<

• Like 1

Cannot understand the people who say "no" to something that they aren't interested in, that in no way changes their experience if someone else has it. Maybe I'm a libertarian. 

Edited by Odysseus
  • Like 1

Cannot understand the people who say "no" to something that they aren't interested in, that in no way changes their experience if someone else has it. Maybe I'm a libertarian.

I am no libertarian, but I completely agree with your reasoning here. I don't understand it either.

I didn't vote in the poll, but maybe it's because there isn't an "I don't give two balls about Steam cards" option.

I think steam achievements and trading cards would be awesome! 

Sure why not, I wasn't convinced by the whole trading cards thing at first but it's actually quite fun. I just wish random boosters dropped more. :P

They aren't random. Every time someone crafts a badge someone, somewhere gets a booster pack. Your chance of receiving a booster pack increases every 10 levels.

I'd quite like to see trading cards for DayZ. This is something that should be added after the final 1.0 release though.

Also, moved to Suggestions as you're essentially suggesting that Steam trading cards should be available for DayZ.

Edited by Mos1ey

I have never seen point in them nor do I use them for anything - I use steam to store my games and play them from that.

But I won't say no to this if people some people may benefit from it. Beans.

I don't see any problems with trading cards being added into the game. To those who think they're pointless or unnecessary can just sell the cards via the Steam Market or completely ignore them as they don't add any advantages in-game. You may think the cards have no point to them, but hey, there are people that also enjoy collecting cards.