Kellrush (DayZ)

your choice in weapons?

My personal choice is the mosin. as much as people frown upon snipers i just feel safe having that 300-600 m distance between me and my target. i dont kos i travel with a large group. we help out bambies and sometimes clear cherno, elektro, balota, NW airfield of campers.

I myself am a sniper (mosin)

i have a spotter who helps spot and keeps an eye on me to make sure i dont get snuck up on (sks)

another sniper. (mosin)

and 4 more buds with m4s

we geared the way we did just so we could have utility in team fights and shit.

i guess i just really wanna now what YOU guys look for as far as guns go.

and WHY you chose it 

No fixed setup is our choice in TMK, we roll as we go.

At the moment the scarcity of ammo and bug fixes on experimental hive, we make sure everything is vital and learn how to adapt to new guns really fast. The Blaze really getting a spotlight.

Shotguns are my personal favourite, but I do not mind having the SKS as well. Any pistol will do but the Magnum makes me feel more warm inside.

As I said, no fixed team setups, but half will be front liners with a medic and a few others giving mid range support with a medic as well. Sniper ? Sure. Best spotter ever.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan
  • Like 1

My Fireaxe.

I forsee it being my favorite until we have stealthy knife kills or the machete becomes more useful. ..
And of course, Chainsaws <.<

Guns.. Guns are too quick.. You don't get to savor all the little..emotions.

Ironically though, if I had to pick a gun it would be the Mosin. It's a personal favorite IRL.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

I've now found every weapon in the game and I have to say that the Mosin is now my favoured weapon. I was running the SKS, but I like bolt action rifles. I also don't mind the Blaze.

Randomly, as a fresh spawn I found a Pristine PU scope sitting on the table in a civvy house and then a Mosin in the piano house just down the road all on a high pop server. The advantages of not sticking to the coast!

As for other weapons I keep a sawed-off in my pack as a holdout and if I can find another chest holster like my last character, then I'll also keep a sidearm there. Without the chest holster though, I'll stick to my sawed-off over a pistol. At the intended ranges (within 20m) I think the Sawed-off will outperform a pistol 9/10 times.

I try to use all the guns at least once. I think my favorite atm is an sks though. I also like the magnum.

I wish melee weapons had more of an effect on zombies at least, because if they did then my fav would be the machete. It feels less like "I'm gonna kill these zombies with anything I can find" since you basically need a fire axe or splitter axe to do it quickly (using melee).

My Fireaxe.

I forsee it being my favorite until we have stealthy knife kills or the machete becomes more useful. ..

And of course, Chainsaws <.<

Guns.. Guns are too quick.. You don't get savor all the little..emotions.

Ironically though, if I had to pick a gun it would be the Mosin. It's a personal favorite IRL.

Rudette you have a beautiful mind.  

• Like 1

I've been experimenting with a new playstyle in which I only keep a sidearm. As far as that goes, I'm a revolver fan. I've been keeping it concealed on my 'doctor' character so as to not seem threatening. Usually I help random survivors and they'll go about their way. Not sure what they would do if they knew I was packin, but for the most part it's working out pretty well.

Every once in awhile I'll come across someone who just wants to brawl. Not knowing I have a gun they'll charge me and then it becomes reminiscent of the scene in Indiana Jones...you know, the guy with the sword.

Right now, I'm sticking with my revolver.

• Like 2

I usually run with an M4 if I find one but recently I have been trying to avoid it just to experience the rest properly. They're all very fun in their own way, I think the SKS is my favourite thanks to the fire rate but if that weren't a factor I would say I have by far the most fun with the B95.

Generally though I think the M4 suits me the most. I prefer to avoid conflict but sometimes people get the drop on me and those encounters usually take place at quite a small range, so an M4 gives me the accuracy I need with the ability to fire up to 60 rounds without reloading.

When it comes to sidearms I almost always go with the revolver. The ammo and speed loaders are extremely common and it does plenty of damage.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

50/50 between Mosin & SKS, prefer the accuracy and lethality of the Mosin but prefer the rate of fire of the SKS.  Don't like the M4, seems weak. Balze is nice... but two shots is too few.

EDIT: I always carry a sawn off shotgun for room clearing / house searching.  As it doesn't get stuck on door frames ;)

Edited by MadTommy

My personal choice is the mosin. as much as people frown upon snipers i just feel safe having that 300-600 m distance between me and my target. i dont kos i travel with a large group. we help out bambies and sometimes clear cherno, elektro, balota, NW airfield of campers.

I myself am a sniper (mosin)

i have a spotter who helps spot and keeps an eye on me to make sure i dont get snuck up on (sks)

another sniper. (mosin)

and 4 more buds with m4s

we geared the way we did just so we could have utility in team fights and shit.

i guess i just really wanna now what YOU guys look for as far as guns go.

and WHY you chose it 

M4A1 because its an american gun. Untill LMGs and SMGs pop up latter.

SKS in my hands, Mosin on my back

I hate carrying two primaries... really hinders fireaxing zombies.

• Like 2

I won't have the game installed until tomorrow night so I'm not sure yet. But I do know that I generally love two weapons in most FPS games..... Sniper rifles and shotguns.  :thumbsup: I'm usually a pretty deadly sniper.  :D

I prefer the M4.  It just seems to be the best general purpose firearm in the game at the moment. 

I prefer the M4.  It just seems to be the best general purpose firearm in the game at the moment.

In the last few days, I have also come to greatly respect the M4.

Most of its problems are solved by magpul parts, an ACOG, and some experience.

I do however find it funny as hell when someone sprays out an entire mag in my direction only to hit air, after which I doubletap their armor, and finish it off with a delayed third shot in the nostrils.

The Mosin is my weapon of choice - however I will GLADLY take a B95 or an SKS.

The truth is I'm a pretty good sniper and I will probably kill people before I see them, but; I love the interaction between me and other players. 

The B95 is a beautiful weapon provided you hit your shots and the SKS is almost point and click. Both will kill with two well-placed shots.

I think the M4 is utter shit.

When it comes to rifles, I always ditch the shotgun and b95. Had plenty of times where another was using the shotgun and couldnt hit for chit. I have also had the same problem when someone moves up on you too fast, i think its the damn desync :)  Now, the b95 is interesting, but i feel like its damage is far less than that of the Mosin, and i've had encounters where it takes 4 b95 rounds to down someone.

Now, the SKS is a pretty good brawler weapon, and plenty of ammo all around. Would drop the SKS for a Mosin to play longer ranges or if I had a compensator and long range scope. In the city though, gotta keep the sks out.

The M4 is pretty much the best of the best. When your in a firefight in the city, nothing can compare to the full auto spray. Especially when people look like they are running through walls and what not. Sure, the ammo might not be found in the big cities, but a few airfield runs and you should be well stocked. Also nice grabbing MP parts off your now dead enemies m4. Once you are rolling all pristine MP with that Acog, its gg. Switch to single shot and take out those pesky sniper hill campers from inside the city, spray at the axe murdered who just opened your door, engage multiple bandits moving down the street, rush some shotgun wielding hillbilly camped in a 3story, its all possible with a M4.

When choosing a pistol, the magnum is easiest to get rolling. I usually ditch it after finding an fnx magazine though.. Not that I really ever use the pistols anyways... When I look back though, ive had more kills with the fnx. Gotta be the 15 rd magazine :)

As much as I hate to admit it, I really,really love the fnx .45. It just feels like a solid firearm. Couple it with a silencer, reddot, and flashlight, I feel like I can handle most anything within a given range.

• Like 2

I tend to prefer weapons that don't require magazines to function, to make my survival logistics easier. Right now, I am running a Blaze, with a Sawed-off for urban combat/room clearing and a Magnum for backup.

I HAD a Mosin, with compensator, LRS, and bipod, all in pristine condition, up until I came across the Blaze in one of those next-to-useless brick buildings, the one with 2 rooms off of the long hallway? I meant to pick up the Blaze and carry it in my hands, but my character derped and dropped the Mosin. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried. That rifle and I spent many a cold Chernarus night doing.....rifle maintenance. Let's...go with rifle maintenance.

• Like 1

Mosin / PU Scope, Bipod, Compensator

FNX45 / Pistol Flashlight

Kitchen Knife

That's it.

Question about melee weapons: Is there any of the one-handed weapons that is better than the others? I realize they all suck, and I can only assume that will be addressed in a future patch, but any one that sucks less?

IZH-43

The Kitchen Knife is really cool, and works well against zombies (just hit them in the head a few times), I just really wish it was better against players.

Question about melee weapons: Is there any of the one-handed weapons that is better than the others? I realize they all suck, and I can only assume that will be addressed in a future patch, but any one that sucks less?

The Hammer is decent, against both zombies and players. The others are all bladed/stabbing type weapons and suck against players, but work fine against zombies.

Edit: to clarify, when I say works fine against zombies, I assume you're going with the standard spam-attack to the head while they're on the ground method.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Blaser K95

Mosin rounds, Mosin-damage(not sure. i think it's lower :S ), but more forgiving, if the first shot didn't hit.

Edited by irishroy