Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha8

Where to go now?

I've made my journey solo. From Elekrto to Dubky to Balota to Pavlovo to Zelenogorsk to Green Mountain to NWAF.

I am in the bushes at NWAF, should I join a high pop server and look for some PvP? Should I circle around to NEAF and Svetlojarsk? Cut right through to Berezino? Then back to Elektro? HALP

I've made my journey solo. From Elekrto to Dubky to Balota to Pavlovo to Zelenogorsk to Green Mountain to NWAF.

I am in the bushes at NWAF, should I join a high pop server and look for some PvP? Should I circle around to NEAF and Svetlojarsk? Cut right through to Berezino? Then back to Elektro? HALP

This is the part of DayZ SA where it kinda gets stuck in the mud for me. Once your geard up it's like... what now? I say go PVP. PVP is still much fun but it's a shame that it's really all you can do.

When cars and more things get added you won't just go straight to PVP, you would use that gear to get cars ect ect.

Short Answer: PVP

Edited by exomonkeyman
  • Like 2

This is the part of DayZ SA where it kinda gets stuck in the mud for me. Once your geard up it's like... what now? I say go PVP. PVP is still much fun but it's a shame that it's really all you can do.

When cars and more things get added you won't just go straight to PVP, you would use that gear to get cars ect ect.

Short Answer: PVP

At this point if it were at feature release status; I would be building a base/campsite.

• Like 1

Heaps of things to do for an imaginative player:

Lone Wolf it up to the mountains and find a patch that you like, settle down and protect it. 
Head down to the coast and PvP in the cities.
Bodyguard fresh spawns from bandits.
Become a bandit.
Load up on medical supplies and become a travelling doctor. 
Find a pen and paper and leave cryptic notes all around Chernarus in places players will find them.

• Like 1

I just read this post of all things dean hall said at euro gamer and it's so good to know what's being worked on.

Im in the same boat.  My instict is that I want to help the bambis get firm footing so they too can sirvive. But reading the ways peeps treat one another leads me to believe this may be futile.    The thing that I find VERY INTERESTING,,,,, the realism.  Here we have humanity acting how they would probably act.  All manner of attitudes and behaiviors. I find this game is going to be AMAZING!!  I totally love it.

• Like 1

How about commiting suiciding and trying to legitimately get the same gear in a populated server?

• Like 4

Im in the same boat.  My instict is that I want to help the bambis get firm footing so they too can sirvive. But reading the ways peeps treat one another leads me to believe this may be futile.    The thing that I find VERY INTERESTING,,,,, the realism.  Here we have humanity acting how they would probably act.  All manner of attitudes and behaiviors. I find this game is going to be AMAZING!!  I totally love it.

beanz 4 ur name

• Like 1

Went ahead and headed inland to a city to interact after 3 days of running around collecting things to survive..  Promptly shot three times within minutes of arriving and left unconscious( LOL)  And while I expect this behavior what I question is how long does my toon remain unconsious? Its been 50 minutes. He should have bled to death by now. I die faster when I starve.

How about commiting suiciding and trying to legitimately get the same gear in a populated server?

I like this idea, even with the shitty loot spawns I manage to find what I need just going from town to town.

Server hopping is for noobs.

Once you are out of room and have nothing left to do... its time to start risking your life. One way or another. Its what the game is about, and without it your just going to start playing another game anyhow.

Go seek people.. whether its to kill them, teach them, equip them, or heal them. Go forth, and interact. That is DayZ. 

• Like 1

I'm always running around looking for other players in game and i mostly play on full servers. Except when a friend of mine buys the game, then we join a low pop server to help said friend start to learn the map and gameplay.

Anyways, I look for people and if I find someone that is alone, Ill attempt to stalk them for as long as I remain unnoticed. If I run into two or more players, I will find a nice place to shoot from that has a nice exit route and start to take shots.

I'm not one to care if I die and I've died a lot, from everything you could think of. I also still enjoy running around on a high pop server that doesn't reset often and see if i can actually go without starving to death. There are so many other things you can do in this game too. I really think I enjoy this game so much is because I don't care about loot very much and I don't care if I die.

You can also play on the experimental branch and do everything you can think of, find bugs/glitches/exploits, check to see if they are known issues and report them if they are not. 

You need a server that isn't going to get reset very often for this: Treasure Hunt!

Leave some rare item in a relatively well hidden place on the map, but with something nearby that's distinguishable; then move to another location and leave a clue as to where the rare item is hidden; then move again and leave another clue as to where the other clue is; and so on. Try to be a bit cryptic. The final clue you leave should be in an obvious place so someone will just come across it. You might also want to include a request that the treasure hunter leaves the clue notes where he finds them, so someone else can pick up the trail if they get bored/lost/dead.

Then you can hide and wait for willing participants, and stalk them as they follow the trail.

Dunno if there's any servers that stay live long enough between resets for this to work, but it might be fun. I'd do it myself if I wasn't such a lazy arse.

• Like 2

You need a server that isn't going to get reset very often for this: Treasure Hunt!

Leave some rare item in a relatively well hidden place on the map, but with something nearby that's distinguishable; then move to another location and leave a clue as to where the rare item is hidden; then move again and leave another clue as to where the other clue is; and so on. Try to be a bit cryptic. The final clue you leave should be in an obvious place so someone will just come across it. You might also want to include a request that the treasure hunter leaves the clue notes where he finds them, so someone else can pick up the trail if they get bored/lost/dead.

Then you can hide and wait for willing participants, and stalk them as they follow the trail.

Dunno if there's any servers that stay live long enough between resets for this to work, but it might be fun. I'd do it myself if I wasn't such a lazy arse.

In the future there may be no server restarts, I'm pretty sure Rocket said. I haven't used them yet, but, I was thinking leaving pre-wrote notes for firefights/ambushes/bluffs. Like you see a person, leave the note on the ground in the middle of the road in their path, you watch them go to the note and it reads something like: "You have a squad on you, hands up and drop everything you own". Or something like that. See if they look around, actually do it, or sprint up on them when they're reading it.

This. 

On a fully populated server I managed to find a Pristine Mosin and PU Scope, ammo, food, firefighters axe and better clothing all at small villages not even that far inland. 

In the future there may be no server restarts, I'm pretty sure Rocket said. I haven't used them yet, but, I was thinking leaving pre-wrote notes for firefights/ambushes/bluffs. Like you see a person, leave the note on the ground in the middle of the road in their path, you watch them go to the note and it reads something like: "You have a squad on you, hands up and drop everything you own". Or something like that. See if they look around, actually do it, or sprint up on them when they're reading it.

Yeah, you're a lot more evil than me, evidently. Wish there was more paper lying around, though - like, loads of it. I'd litter the map with stupid notes.

Clan up, we usually run in groups of 6-10 locking down towns to help Bambis, stop banditry etc. Much easier to do with a coordinated groups of very well armed people on teamspeak.

I like this idea, even with the shitty loot spawns I manage to find what I need just going from town to town.

Server hopping is for noobs.

I don't think the OP was server hopping but there's no challenge to gearing up in an empty server where 1) there is no threat and 2) nothing has been looted already. I could go from the coast to being fully geared in an hour quite easily that way, but I play in 40/40 servers (looking forward to when they increase the player count...) and it's a lot more satisfying.

At this point if it were at feature release status; I would be building a base/campsite.

Agreed. When they add vehicles it sure will be the first step to more fun. BUT without some sort of containers like tents for base building. This game would get pretty dull in a matter of hours/days

Edited by SneezeJunky