ztranger

While I was waiting for my team-mate at Krasnostav, I had the chance to briefly meet 3 survivors.. They no longer exist

Odin Lowe,I agree with you regarding the latency.. When I went downstairs and I saw him I kinda froze for a mil seconds.. enough time for him to kill me, and he had an sks (fast fire rate).. A few seconds later yellow desync pops up. Still I'm having doubts about latency at that point.. As soon as I spotted him I stopped, my body was not fully visible.. he could be aiming a bit to his right.. Still, I was lucky on that.

Bad (or good :P ) news, our chars (mine and ved) died yesterday. We went to NWAF and stayed there for some hours.. coulnd't find any living soul. We went back to Krasnostav and when looting a house, Ved got kos'ed, I f*cked up by not being patient and I got killed as well.Overall we murdered 2 or 3 players while teamed up. I will upload that footage asap because it's fun to see bandits (us) being killed.. and to give you a chance to say Karma is a bitch. :))

PS: I said Ved got kos'ed on purpose, but I meant he got killed. The other guy thought we were a threat and shot us without mercy. That's a huge part of this game and it's how it is. gg!

Btw, we will try to interact when possible and only when teamed up. Ofc interaction will depend on different factors, and probably it wont be a friendly approach (nor a force fed rotten shit thing).

Once again, thank you all for participating in this thread.

Cheers

Edited by ztranger
  • Like 2

Just to let you guys know(not that you don't know already ) anyone who has a mentality to shoot on sight EVERYTIME unprovoked like this guy(original poster) , they are usually just afraid of losing their loot.

Remember this is an apocalypse but people who use that as an excuse to KOS are missing the point of this game .... It's to survive and rebuild society ( the rebuilding part of course coming when barricades / building comes In). And for those who say you can only survive by KOSing and looking out for yourself I'm going to upload my adventures in a week or so, so I can show you how easy it is if you have the right mind set to stay alive for dayz at a time while respecting Human life haha .

I would love to find the op and any other brutal bandits like this so I can do what you do to fresh spawns all day eer day : shoot them when they are least expecting it . I mean cmon the second guy didnt even know you (op) was hiding in the upstairs bedroom .

I'm not complaining though I realize there has to be a good bit of bandits like this in the game to balance out all of us neutrals / heroes , I mean other wise the game would be boring for good guys , cuz we don't force feed or make others get naked haha the only thing I do to torture prisoners of war is play guitar to them through the direct chat .

Edit : at least original poster is a respectful bandit !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Just to let you guys know(not that you don't know already ) anyone who has a mentality to shoot on sight EVERYTIME unprovoked like this guy(original poster) , they are usually just afraid of losing their loot.

EVERYTIME? REALLY? And you get to that conclusion by watching ONE video? You're actually right, but just by chance :-) I (personally) don't ever want to loose my loot. Fear? Competitiveness? Plain normal gameplay? Label it however you want, it's still a valid gameplay style in an OPEN ENDED game.

Remember this is an apocalypse but people who use that as an excuse to KOS are missing the point of this game .... It's to survive and rebuild society ( the rebuilding part of course coming when barricades / building comes In). 

So your endgame would be a 40 player server with all players just getting along, building barricades, shooting zombies, accumulating loot and singing kumbaya? What if it showed a credits roll after all that? that would be awesome...

That being said, I totally understand you or any other players/groups playing that way and actually appreciate it very much that you are willing to play that role on this FICTIONAL apocalypse. I'll still try to shoot you for your beans though ;-)

I would love to find the op and any other brutal bandits like this so I can do what you do to fresh spawns all day eer day : shoot them when they are least expecting it . I mean cmon the second guy didnt even know you (op) was hiding in the upstairs bedroom .

FACT is there are no fresh spawns on the video. All 3 players were reasonably well geared and armed. Also, the second guy definitely didn't know he was hiding upstairs, that's why he had the upper-hand and used it to his advantage. Still don't see any problems with that.

Edit : at least original poster is a respectful bandit !

I completely agree. You should't EVER trust him :-)

EDIT: We want to hear you playing the guitar!

Edited by ved
  • Like 1

So your endgame would be a 40 player server with all players just getting along, building barricades, shooting zombies, accumulating loot and singing kumbaya? What if it showed a credits roll after all that? that would be awesome...

That being said, I totally understand you or any other players/groups playing that way and actually appreciate it very much that you are willing to play that role on this FICTIONAL apocalypse. I'll still try to shoot you for your beans though ;-)

LMFAO. Singing kumbaya. I love it. 

I would actually like to work to what the other guy was saying though. Rebuilding and whatnot. It would be something new to the whole "survival"  theme and I'd be fine with it. But like I said before, I don't mind different playstyles. In fact, If I was trying to rebuild, having someone attack would mix things up and be awesome. I'm not against pvp lol. I wouldn't want every single person on the server trying to be friendly with me. 

If it ever gets to the point where you can rebuild enough to have a sort of "faction", then I don't think I'd be complete buddy-buddy with everyone.

I think I'm basically a Neutral, although I've done some shitty things in DayZ.

• Like 1

KoS is a legitimate playstyle. Fucking wankers. 

• Like 3

Video's quite entertaining.

You can clearly see how scared this noob is by his panic shooting through the door (2nd kill) without even someone in sight.

I love that kind of playstyle, 'cause it's an easy one popping in after he has emptied his magazine.

Grapefruit kush, I share ved's thoughts regarding your post. Gear could be found very quickly (not talking about server hopping, because that kinda sucks). This is an apocalypse and it is focused in the survival experience during the apocalypse. Unfortunately you can't rebuild anything, yet. 

If you ever find me in game, I can assure you it will never be near by the coast, unless respawning as a fresh char. Probably that encounter will end with one of us being dead. But I'm  not a murderer every time. I can be a respectful friend as a respectful bandit. (Actually I used to be very friendly, back in the mod and first days playing the game. 85% of the times I got back stabbed or betrayed, and I'm not talking about being kos).

Regarding that 2nd guy, think, in general, someone going to a room, open the door and he finds another fully geared player in the room. That player won't shoot. What would be his reflex/reactions?

You're right, trolling sucks. Do not confuse it with playing (role playing) as a ruthless, cruel m*therf*cker, which is not the case in this vid.

PS. Please pm me with the link of your uploaded adventures (or post it here). I'd like to watch them :)

Ved, Kumbaya is a very beautiful thing to do.. Sadly we can't hold our hands.

Knock, yes, rebuilding and that sort of stuff would be great.

Who has not done shit in dayz, cast the first stone :)

Capo, yes it is a playstyle, but they are not wankers :).. there are other play styles and people have their own opinions :P

NotSoFriendly, thanks.. I'm glad you felt entertained with my vid!!! At least I did not made you waste some of your time.

Yes I was scared (fast heart beating, pumping adrenaline...), I wouldn't call it noob, remember this is arma's engine and someone could spot you through a wall or mil seconds before you do spot them. Latency sucks, but it's a variable to have into consideration. I did not emptied a full coupled mag. I wasted ~25 bullets on him. Chances are higher to hit/kill him than just shooting 3 or 4 bullets. I thought he was alone but if the 3rd guy went up I would have heard him and wasting another 20 bullets of the same coupled mag on him.

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but there's a very large and very well organized population of players belonging to groups that consider themselves 'heroes' of the survivalists.. I can assure you they're among the best killers in the game.  Unlike yourself, they're not so contrived to believe that the presence of guns turns the game into a PVP deathmatch, though if provoked they'd be more than capable of sending a noob like you to a beach. 

Oh, gee, self-righteous 'heroes' who are the 'best killers in the game'..

you mean those people who are exactly like us, but call everyone they kill bandits so they can call themselves 'bandit hunters'?

Well the dude is KOS'er, that much is obvious.

On the other hand, his victims were all armed, so in a way it was a fair game.

All in all, this game is a sandbox and he likes to play with skulls :).

The thrill of manhunt might be hard to resist, on the other hand it seem a tad sad, when some folks don't know anything else.

Pray tell, what's the alternative? Meeting other people and.. talking to them?

I'm not here to play Second Life.

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 2

First shot was a wiff, that second one though, with only the top 1/10th of his body above the wall..... very clean. 

B)  Keep up the struggle

• Like 1