Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Open letter/suggestion/request to the DEVS: DO NOT implement nudity/scat/piss.

IF YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT, PLEASE SIGN YOUR SUPPORT BELOW. IF YOU DISAGREE, AND WANT TO HAVE THESE FEATURES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON IT HERE. YOU CAN DO SO ELSEWHERE. THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT WANT THESE FEATURES.

To the development team:

I and all those that sign their support below, specifically request that you do NOT implement any feature that involves nudity, scat, or piss.

While realistic, we must at some point draw the line that borders between fun gameplay, and needles tedium. Furthermore, the addition of said features will allow for the possibility of in game behavior (which will almost certainly occur, and be uncontrollable) which is not only immature in the extreme, but disgusting and offensive. While it can be said that such acts would be no more or less offensive than murder, which is also part of the current system, I would argue that we are once again crossing a line into what is blatantly excessive and unnecessary. It is one thing to have a player shoot me in the head execution style. Death in entertainment media is nothing new. It is another entirely to have scat being thrown around or forced in my throat, or even simply being forced to endure a cheesy animation in which a player squats over me and "does his thing".

I come to this game, even during its earliest Alpha stage, to have fun and be entertained. I do not come here for tits and ass (or dicks), to watch my character pinch off a loaf in a bush, or to have other players be enabled to play out bizarre and disgusting sexual acts on me. We already have tea bagging in the gaming world. Lets not take it another step further.

With respect and regards,

Tom Morse, paying customer, alpha tester, Cpl. USMC.

• Like 25

Excellent,i totally support this notion myself.

My opinion is that it would be pure stupidity,if those features were ever implemented.

It is sick and offers no real gameplay value.

• Like 5

Agreed... but... is this really necessary? Despite the trolls and people who want to appear eager for this kind of thing, I never in a million years thought the devs entertained these notions...

Agreed... but... is this really necessary? Despite the trolls and people who want to appear eager for this kind of thing, I never in a million years thought the devs entertained these notions...

in all likely hood they don't.

But I do not want to take the chance....do you?

At first I thought needs like pooping or similar are a fun thing.

But on second thought (while reading ops post)now I think differently.

Why? Because I already can foressee people uploading their vids on youtube where they first humiliated someone, than killed him and finally shit him in the face. There is already enough disgusting stuff in the game where people, for which reason ever, force people to do stuff to debase someone.

Beans for Op, because he made a mature point!

• Like 2

I would argue that removing someone's freedom and/or life is a far more debasing act that defecating on them. I'd also like to echo that only an idiot would ever put something like "Press p to poop" in their game.

</thread> please!

There are reasons why theese things should NOT be implemented.

Take for example a look at a vid i was watching yesterday.....if those features would be ingame things would get really weird....

I've read on the internet, that pooping was already a confirmed animation.

I honestly hope that peeing and pooping is something that will ONLY work in a bathroom where no other player can see what's going on. If you should be able to pee/poop on other players I would have to doubt Rocket's signature.

But I am confident that they will add a mature solution to follow mother nature's calls.

There are reasons why theese things should NOT be implemented.

Take for example a look at a vid i was watching yesterday.....if those features would be ingame things would get really weird....

just the way i meant ... this would happen

I support this.

It is a game after all. It doesn't have to depict everything. Especially nothing that does mostly attract trolls and doesn't add much to the game play.

I wouldn't mind nudity that much, there are already people running around in underwear, no big deal. But the other two things are mostly useless to implement.

I see, that they might want to use it to simulate different kinds of illness. But in my opinion it would do more damage to immersion than it helps for it, when used by players.

Also, if my Avatar had to take a dump with the ammounts of food you have to eat to not starve, I could fly out of this zombie apocalypse on a brown pillar.

• Like 1

While I understand where this is coming from, I think there's a rather obvious solution that works for both those who want it in the game and those who do not.

Part 1: They simply add a blur censor to anything that would be considered explicit.

Part 2: The use of this element is solely restricted to bowel/bladder relief.

It won't stop the issues with teabagging/corpse desecration, but since there's plans to add the animations in anyway I see this as being a much cleaner method of implementation. I would be surprised if it isn't how the mechanic is planned to be put into the game.

That being said... modders.

Edited by Wolfguarde

I do this anyway... each kill... :P No beans for OP.

Don't care about beans. Please read the below statement, which was made at the very beginning. You have an opinion, and are entitled to it. But here I respectfully ask that you refrain from sharing it (there is already a place to show support for the opposing view). I created this thread PURELY and SOLELY for the purpose of those who do not want this feature to be able to say so, EN MASS, to show that an overwhelming portion of the community feel this way. If that portion turns out to be a minority, than few will respond, and it will therefore show.

IF YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT, PLEASE SIGN YOUR SUPPORT BELOW. IF YOU DISAGREE, AND WANT TO HAVE THESE FEATURES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON IT HERE. YOU CAN DO SO ELSEWHERE. THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT WANT THESE FEATURES.

• Like 1

Don't care about beans. Please read the below statement, which was made at the very beginning. You have an opinion, and are entitled to it. But here I respectfully ask that you refrain from sharing it (there is already a place to show support for the opposing view). I created this thread PURELY and SOLELY for the purpose of those who do not want this feature to be able to say so, EN MASS, to show that an overwhelming portion of the community feel this way. If that portion turns out to be a minority, than few will respond, and it will therefore show.

I´m not saying I want ALL this features. I want see first what rocket is presenting. No need for such open letters. ....overwhelming portion of the community... 4 guys... we will see.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

I´m not saying I want ALL this features. I want see first what rocket is presenting. No need for such open letters. ....overwhelming portion of the community... 4 guys... we will see.

Fair enough,  you aren't saying you want or don't want anything in particular. yes, there are only 4 positive responses, but the thread is still young; its pointless to draw any conclusions so soon.

And I feel there IS a need for an open letter: I am ADAMANTLY opposed to these things for specific reasons already mentioned. I am legitimately concerned that some or all of these features are at the least, being considered, if not already planned. And lastly, I asked for those with opposing views to refrain from sharing them here, because I SPECIFICALLY did not want the topic derailed from its intended purpose by discussion, weather the discussion is mature and respectful or trollish. There are already threads where such discussion is taking place. HERE I intend for those against the idea to unite.

You do realise that by taking such a stance, you're inadvertently encouraging any trolls and the like who usually derail these threads to do so?

I know you mean well, but even the best of intentions can have negative consequences. It will be a minor miracle if nobody attacks the thread.

Ya I've definitely seen through the "dev tracker " links to 3d models of poop... My hopes on this is that it is animal droppings for tracking !

There will always be a minority of people that kill it for the majority because of their 'feelings'. This thread is an example of said people.

There will always be a minority of people that kill it for the majority because of their 'feelings'. This thread is an example of said people.

Please explain to me what nudity and the ability to take a piss/shit offers to the game.

Please, go on, I'm generally interested.

All I can see if this is ever implemented is kids playing naked female characters running around gunning people down and then taking a piss/shit on their corpse while screaming over direct

EDIT: inb4 someone screams "MY IMMERSION!!1!!"

Edited by Pandema
  • Like 3

I am not trying to "kill" anything. What I want is to PRESERVE what I see as being the spirit of this game. This thread is an example of people who desire a mature play environment (not mature in the "adult, XXX" sense, but in the base meaning of the word). It is enough already that we have a certain level of immaturity in the player base. I am NOT referring to being handcuffed and force fed poisons. It is a game, and some amount of goofiness, lulz, tomfoolery, or whatever is welcome. Personally, I laughed the entire time when I first experienced bandits trying to wash out my dirty mouth. Nothing can be done to prevent a certain level of immaturity in game. Kids will be kids, will annoy and act or play in a manner that is "douchey".

Adding in these feature would be an element of realism. THAT I don't deny. But I personally see ZERO benefit in the addition of nudity, pooping, or peeing in game. When I read a book (which I often do), I can logically assume that at some point, the characters in the story must relieve themselves of bodily waste. It may even be IMPLIED in the text ("and so and so went to the bathroom") But no piece of decent literature I have ever read for the sake of entertainment has EVER laid out in descriptive detail the events that happen.

Even most visual entertainment rarely use such visuals, and then only when it is blatantly for the sake of humor (South Park would be an example). But when I watch such a show, I come EXPECTING offensive humor, and therefore do not mind as long as it is done tastefully. There would be nothing tasteful about this in game. It would be done purely with the purpose of offending, and I WOULD find it offensive.

I DO NOT WANT TO ENDURE BEING FORCED TO WATCH MY OWN CHARACTER RELIEVE HIMSELF IN A BUSH, CENSORED OR NOT.  

Just as in the books I read, I can logically assume that my character must at some point relieve himself. I don't need it to actually happen right in my face for me to be more immersed in the game. I KNOW that such things happen. It doesn't need to be shown or explained. Why? because I am a mature adult, and am already well aware of the basics of biological life, and at my age, am FAR beyond the point where I find the simple act funny or fascinating or interesting. Whereas a show like "south park" can make such things be funny because of CONTEXT, here, it has no context; its just an action, there for the sake of being an action.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE FORCED OR RISK BEING FORCED TO HAVE A PLAYER EXERCISE DEPRAVE AND DISGUSTING ACTS THAT BORDER ON THE OUTRIGHT FRINGES OF BIZZARE AND TWISTED SEXUAL FANTASY.

Again, with the example of south park, there is an episode called "Human Cent-I-Pad", in which cartman is given an I-Pad that can do everything, including shitting in Kyle's mouth. This was a funny episode! Why? CONTEXT. There was a POINT to the disgusting humor. Its PURPOSE is to provoke laughter, and is not done for the SOLE purpose of offending anyone.. In addition, it is happening to a fictional, comic relief character that I have no real empathy for. IN GAME such an action would lack ANY context, and would be, at best, the worst kind of offensive griefing/trolling (something we have enough of as it is), and at worst, a kind of sexual rape done vicariously through our characters. EITHER way I find the concept beyond ridiculous.

AGAIN I will say that if you disagree, you are free to do so. But please do not derail my topic, which I made specifically so that like minded individuals can express their desire to NEVER see these things in game. If you feel that a "minority" is going to ruin it for the majority, then by all means make your OWN equivalent thread with an opposing viewpoint and purpose.

• Like 3