hiniberus

Musical instruments?

How hard can it be to code a harmonica, you character equip and then you blow into your mic?!

I don't know about blowing into the mic but there could be a way to 'play' it somehow I guess? Probably letting people make their own with a music sheet may be the best way. 

• Like 1

How hard can it be to code a harmonica, you character equip and then you blow into your mic?!

You know, I have an ocarina app for my iphone which you blow into the mic.  Blowing into a mic for an ingame harmonica would be dope.  Great suggestion Dallas!

Should they copy LOTRO where you can play using your keyboard... "frets on fire"(guitar hero ripoff with keyboard) anyone?

Edited by Zeppa

Well, without getting too fancy, a lot of pieces for guitar and harmonica would be public domain at this point, though I'm not sure Western folk music makes much sense in...wherever the hell Chernarus is. That doesn't bug me, but I'm not a roleplayer, at least not in that sense. Simple percussion (drumming the nearest surface with your hands, feet, or a pen) would just be a cool animation to have in general. If instruments ever did make it in (which is a ginormous IF), it would be a simple matter of ensuring that all of the animations and sounds have the same number of beats per minute.

Boomboxes and mp3 players (headphones) aren't terrible ideas (aside from the fact that it would usually result in your own death), but I highly doubt they'd really be able to get around all of the copyright issues, even if it's "upload your own." We've all seen how well that does and yet doesn't work for YouTube. They get away with it by making music videos or lyrics videos, and even then all it takes is a request to shut a video down. Companies don't like legal grey areas, and Bohemia's probably no different.

Though the song from this video should make it in the game, if possible:

Edited by McGarnagle

McGarnagle raises a valid point... If the game had prerecorded music, and that music was public domain, anyone posting videos containing it is still going to get slapped with bogus claims from Orchard Music and other fraudsters.

McGarnagle raises a valid point... If the game had prerecorded music, and that music was public domain, anyone posting videos containing it is still going to get slapped with bogus claims from Orchard Music and other fraudsters.

Yeah, hopefully google will get around to that one soon (lol), but some of the Animated Music Video people may not like the results of that.

Sorry for being away guys,

With regards to the copyright issues, if people upload it just for fair use rather than commercial use (as really, people wouldn't get DayZ just for the music and it isn't a selling point) I doubt there'd be any issues. Starbound has thousands of MiDI files that people can import and play. Something similar could be applicable?

I vote for a tuba, purely so I can walk around after someone and play a repetitive tune, a la Stewie Griffin.

I was going to suggest that I'm all in for someone blowing my flute...but decided against it.  You just never know where those lips may have been.  Oh wait, there is disinfectant in-game isn't there...

makestalkeruniformstalk.jpg

On that note (ha! more puns!) there used to be a guy I would play alongside with on the mod that whenever we used a campfire at night he would feed in acoustic guitar folk music "for the mood". God I hated it. I swear I nearly shot him on several occasions.

• Like 1