Sign in to follow this  
UnderWoods

Finally dead

I've been playing for about a month, maybe a little more.  I died the first day a few times to really stupid things, as many of us have.  My current character had been alive for about a month.  I stayed away from the larger towns (severe computer performance problems in big cities) and scavanged through many of the smaller towns.  In my time I have began running with 2 other friends making my life much easier.

Now for the lead up to my untimely demise.  We were on a server that was heavily populated, and heading towards the small airfield close to Cherno.  While my two friends were keeping watch (both with Mosins) I raided the barraks.  I hear one of them say that they can see someone at the tech building across from the barraks, but he didnt appear to be armed.  So I decided to circle over and make contact.  Just as I head over I hear a Mosin shot ring out and one of my friends say "someone is shooting at me."  I continue to cirlce over and now I'm being shot at.  3 or 4 shots close range.  The unarmed guy in the building had a buddy keeping watch from behind the tech building.  At this point I am 30 yards away from him as he is trying to shoot me.  I que the mic and start yelling "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY."  He missed me each time, and now we were in a Mexican standoff, both using 3rd party to peek the corner.  We start a conversation, him telling me he doesn't belive I am friendly, followed by me telling him "well Im not the one shooting, even after you shot at me."  Finally he agrred to put his gun away and step out.  I did the same.  We had our conversation, he said he didn't want anything, and just wanted to leave with his friend.  About this time, one of the guys I run with says that the tech building doors just opened, floowed by, "he's got a gun out."  I turn to the right and see the guy with his gun out.  I reach for mine, and before I get it out, he opens fire, floowed by my snipers firing.  He broke my legs right as one of my snipers took him down.  While I am on the grond with broken legs my attention turns to the guy I was talking to.  At this point he had pulled out a .357 and shot me.  A month after creation....I was dead.

Felt like sharing my story.

I like the aspect of the game that allows me to talk with people and offer assistance if I can, but after last night, I feel like, if I see you, I'm shooting first.

Edited by UnderWoods
  • Like 2

I was a bit shocked when I was killed for the first time. I'd been riding solo for weeks on fairly well populated servers and I was used to sneaking around and being cautious. It was a surprise when I bumped into another player in one of my favourite spots, who then KOS'd me haha.

killed once not even KOSed and already to leave the ranks of friendlies to join the bandits.. Dark days indeed lol..

• Like 1

I'm curious as to what loot you could need from the riskiest(?) military base of all on a month old character. 

I run with my lass on this, other than her ive seen one person who didnt talk back, (they were too busy running from zombies), however there was one another. We were at the airfield, the central one. We usually stick to the lowest population servers we can for this reason too. Basically we had spent about 14hour in the game, searching grabbing loot, gearing up then at the airfield we went into one of the barrack buildings, she went upstairs i stayed downstairs, since we stick to low pop servers i pretty much had my pants down, gun shouldered seeing how i looked in a pilot helmet when suddenly someone opened up an M4 into my back, never heard a thing. lol. Joy of joys. My lass was upstairs and just logged out after asking me what happened :) lol. 

That's the riskiest airfield to go to?  None of us had played the mod, I had no idea that the place was that dangerous.  To answer your question though.  We were bored.  Had had very little interaction with other players over the last week, and wanted to seek out people to interact with.  I had an M4 no scope.  I was in search of a scope for my M4, and another clip for it.  The one I had was a 10 round clip.

Ya missus combat logged on you leaving you to face the music.. what is the world coming to lol she could have taken revenge with patience she had the advantage they had to go up to get her (how was she armed)..

Think id divorce my wife if she did this lol but then she has serious blood lust in dayz and BF4

That's the riskiest airfield to go to?  None of us had played the mod, I had no idea that the place was that dangerous.  To answer your question though.  We were bored.  Had had very little interaction with other players over the last week, and wanted to seek out people to interact with.  I had an M4 no scope.  I was in search of a scope for my M4, and another clip for it.  The one I had was a 10 round clip.

An airfield or mil base is not the place for interaction its an un written law even the friendlies kos on these spots...

• Like 1

An airfield or mil base is not the place for interaction its an un written law even the friendlies kos on these spots...

Good to know.  Going forward, I'll be prepared and act accordingly.

You had your character for a month but only had a 10 round mag. 

Have you been fingering your ass in the north for a month? 

Ya missus combat logged on you leaving you to face the music.. what is the world coming to lol she could have taken revenge with patience she had the advantage they had to go up to get her (how was she armed)..

Think id divorce my wife if she did this lol but then she has serious blood lust in dayz and BF4

:D lol, na i told her to get out of there, she had tons of ammo but no gun, i had a gun but was shot dead in moments. We did it to save the kit she had, but, then we spent a few hours getting back to one another, sever's have been really bad today and suddenly we both start fresh again anyways..... alas.... it was all for not. lol :). 

You had your character for a month but only had a 10 round mag. 

Have you been fingering your ass in the north for a month? 

Are you suggesting that there is only one way to play the game?  That being, your way? 

Are you suggesting that there is only one way to play the game?  That being, your way? 

One should know to never feed the trolls... if you just ignore them, they go away. Sometimes. 

One should know to never feed the trolls... if you just ignore them, they go away. Sometimes. 

Noted

Please don't tar us all with the same brush, because that's just not true.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush, because that's just not true.

ok well ill try again 90%of the people who played the mod and play friendlies know its life or death in a high loot high risk area where bandits like to frequent to kill people..

I dont like to kos but i like to live so with tensions high excuse me if i dont wave on a airfiled to someone holding an m4 by all means your welcome to and maybe once in a blue moon you will meet another crazy friendly but i think you will most often be greeted with a bullet...

Meet some where else then you can have your interaction ....

• Like 1

I don't know if i would say that this is any sort of unwritten rule, but its pretty much how it is. I ran into someone at the NE airfield, they put there hand up right away as I was pointing my loaded Mosin at his head. He typed "Friendly?" in direct, so I tried to talk to him and he couldn't hear my mic. Me not wanting to take the time to type in direct and risk someone coming up behind me or him pulling his weapon and shooting at me as I type. I shot him in the head while he was on his knees with his hands on his head.

I would have just restrained him if I was able to, but I did not have the means to. I felt kind of bad for doing it, but got over it fairly quickly. I don't like to kill people like this, but i also don't like putting myself at risk. 

I don't know if i would say that this is any sort of unwritten rule, but its pretty much how it is. I ran into someone at the NE airfield, they put there hand up right away as I was pointing my loaded Mosin at his head. He typed "Friendly?" in direct, so I tried to talk to him and he couldn't hear my mic. Me not wanting to take the time to type in direct and risk someone coming up behind me or him pulling his weapon and shooting at me as I type. I shot him in the head while he was on his knees with his hands on his head.

I would have just restrained him if I was able to, but I did not have the means to. I felt kind of bad for doing it, but got over it fairly quickly. I don't like to kill people like this, but i also don't like putting myself at risk. 

having played dayz since may 2012 when it was a mod i merely trying to save a new guy a heart ache of dying every time he steps into a place like that. Ask any long time player bandits like to camp these spots and kill people so go in at your own risk.. There will be friendlies in there at times sure but after you have died a hundred times in a place like that you stop asking or stating silly things like friendly...

you notice in his story (the OP's) the guy didnt believe he was friendly even though it had been him shooting not the op and you even say thats how it is which is the meaning of an unwritten law.

Its not written anywhere people just realize thats how it is....

Edited by SoulFirez

If you guys claim to have survived a month of playing every day and regularly engaging other players, I'm calling bullshit. Not only are there 18164346151643 douche bags to one decent person running around in this game, there are countless bugs and character resets. I can't imagine how incredibly dull this game would be by avoiding every player, ladder, staircase and balcony I ran into. What the hell do you do all day?

If you guys claim to have survived a month of playing every day and regularly engaging other players, I'm calling bullshit. Not only are there 18164346151643 douche bags to one decent person running around in this game, there are countless bugs and character resets. I can't imagine how incredibly dull this game would be by avoiding every player, ladder, staircase and balcony I ran into. What the hell do you do all day?

Hard to believe that I have survived for so long, I can understand that, seeing that my friends have died to ladder bugs many times, as well as each being shot and killed multiple times.  I assure you that the character was over a month old.  Patches never restarted me, even after friends sayid they got restarted.  I have no idea why.  I am new yes.  I wanted to get used to my surrondings and gain a fair understanding of game mechanics, before I ventured to higher populated servers.  Was it boring?  Hell yes.  At times I was bored out of my mind, but most of the time we would just move from town to town scavenging for supplies.

• Like 1

ok well ill try again 90%of the people who played the mod and play friendlies know its life or death in a high loot high risk area where bandits like to frequent to kill people..

I dont like to kos but i like to live so with tensions high excuse me if i dont wave on a airfiled to someone holding an m4 by all means your welcome to and maybe once in a blue moon you will meet another crazy friendly but i think you will most often be greeted with a bullet...

Meet some where else then you can have your interaction ....

I've only had 1 positive interaction and it was the one where I didn't say anything and neither did he and we both booked it the fuck out of there.

So, yeah I'd say you were right in your first statement.

No? I'm questioning why you had a character for one month but he only had a 10 round clip. I didn't realize having 10 round clips was a "way of playing".