wild_man

empty beans can body armour

you need for do this

1 x hammer

empty tin cans

cloth piece like old shirts

sewing kit

EVERYTHING EXIST IN GAME NOW!!! :D

do like this and craft simple body armour for protect from pistol and shotgun also melee attack on body don't make blood damage :thumbsup:  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq52cqh7Sm4

Edited by KoS
  • Like 3

Except empty cans disappear right away, leaving you with nothing but an embroidered shirt.

I wouldn't mind seeing cans stay for a while- gives you some idea if someone has been using this house, etc.

Are you seriosly thinking a piece of soft tin can protect you even from a melee attack? You can stab through a can if you apply enough force.

^ My thoughts exactly. There's nothing weak enough to warrant tin armour in the game at the moment - possibly your fists, but I'm thinking the mitigation factor wouldn't be high enough to warrant the trouble of making the armour.

Where armour in general is involved, you also need to consider that you're in a very cold country - and any kind of old-age-style armour is going to have a drastic effect on your body temperature.

Not to mention the sound of flattened tin cans rattling against each other as you walk or run.

I think this is covered. Empty bean cans wouldn't do a single thing to protect you from anything unless you layered them so thickly, you couldn't move.

Hello there

If you watch the video the tin can is covering ceramic plate, but I wouldn't trust my life to one.

Rgds

LoK

You could easily melt these down in a camp fire and make thick 1" plates with them, or even cast extra bullets. Wont be nearly as good as ceramic, kevlar, and steel, but it would probably stop a .45APC or 7.62x25 at medium distance.

You could easily melt these down in a camp fire and make thick 1" plates with them, or even cast extra bullets. Wont be nearly as good as ceramic, kevlar, and steel, but it would probably stop a .45APC or 7.62x25 at medium distance.

What? Like homogeneous tin armor plate?? That stuff weighs a ton it's better to be fast and light. Casting bullet's might be a better idea but you really need some temperature to melt steel and a campfire won't suffice, that's not lead we are talking about. And tin cans are not made out of tin. If they would actually add weight and stamina people would think if they need stuff and not just gear up for the sake of gearing up...

Edited by Enforcer

What? Like homogeneous tin armor plate?? That stuff weighs a ton it's better to be fast and light. Casting bullet's might be a better idea but you really need some temperature to melt steel and a campfire won't suffice, that's not lead we are talking about. And tin cans are not made out of tin. If they would actually add weight and stamina people would think if they need stuff and not just gear up for the sake of gearing up...

You bring up an interesting point. Eventually all guns and ammo will go extinct in an apocalypse. People will have to re-invent longswords and plate armor just to kill one another... Out of tin cans! XD

• Like 1