Sign in to follow this  
punkvegita

Best PVP Places

So I play a lot of DayZ. At this point in my DayZ gaming experience the only thing left to do or the only thing to do is pvp. I been noticing though that military bases have been losing their touch, I've been to countless military bases and camped each one for hours. NEAF is the one with most action but for some reason killing ppl there just doesn't feel satisfying, it's mostly bambis with maybe a shotgun or a pistol, nothing really worth writing home about, and the rest of the bases are quite vacant. Yesterday though as I got tired of camping balota I decided to hit the road to go to Electro. On the way I did something I usually never do, I decided to loot Chernogorsk, and to my surprise the first hospital I went to north of the city I already saw someone. Tailed him around town to make sure he was with no one else and waited for the perfect shot. Boom he's done, one precise shot to the head with the m4 about 100meters away confirmed. Next I decide to head over to the fire house cause  love me some yellow containers haha. Found another 2 guys fighting it out. Took out the last guy standing logged off came back a few hours later and more action. I love this place now. Anyone else have a favorite city they pvp in?

PVP will always be most heavy near spawn points.

when the spawns were all near cherno and elektro, that is where the pvp was focused (sniper hills, etc)

now it seems a bit further north east, like factory/berezino, etc.

i generally just run away from the coast, for fear of douchbags trying to molest me in packs...with their high pitched voices and yelling.

my latest spot is the industrial complex near BZ,  super nice spot to scope the area and engage from.

i do miss elektro and cherno, i havent been there in months!

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 4

Military bases suck for this.

Your best bet is Elektro, without equal. At least as far as I know, I have never seen as much or more traffic than there is in Elektro.

Elektro pvp, if you like killing freshspawns sure. If you want actually challenging encounters vybor/lopatino/pustoshka are without equal as almost every group raiding NWAF stops in these locations to resupply

• Like 1

Elektro pvp, if you like killing freshspawns sure. If you want actually challenging encounters vybor/lopatino/pustoshka are without equal as almost every group raiding NWAF stops in these locations to resupply

vybor is without doubt the best big game hunting reserve on the map in my opinion anyone this close to the NWAF is there armed and relatively experienced atleast.... Why hunt bambi when you can shoot grizzlies ....

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

I've met more geared people looking for action than fresh spawns in Elektro.

As for the north I have yet to even see anyone beyond meeting a group once in the Vybor area military base.

I to was wondering this, wheres the best place to steak out a sniper spot etc? I find electro most of the areas are to exposed to the rear etc ie buildings where people can come in the back door.......im after somewhere I can get into stalking/sniper situations with other geared players now im geared myself and looking for some way of using the masses of ammo ive now collected :P

Im in the centre/north region of the map around the airfield near vybor at the mo

Edited by Molochius

sniper fights in berezino are fun. 

I find a lot more people up that way now that it spawns you up there a while, plus Berezino -> giant shipwreck -> NEAF/the town right by it, Is a very good loot path and been seeing more people start to go around these areas. 

It's really hit and miss as to who you'll encounter, how many and where.

For me though, if I'm looking to hunt people down with gear, I tend to sneak around elektro until I hear directional mosin or M4 fire (sometimes both). Smart players never fire from the same position twice, especially in populated areas, but sometimes you'll encounter someone camping in a really obvious spot ripe for ambush.

Also the people who go to elektro with gear are usually looking for fights that are already stacked in their favour, what with it being on the coast and most of the people there not having much more than a taloon backpack with a couple cans of food and maybe a melee weapon.

KOS kiddies. KOS kiddies everywhere!

If you clowns want PvP, go play COD or WoW.

The only good PvP in DayZ is the breakdown of random meetings. EDIT: Sort of like that last scene in The Walking Dead Season 1 Finale: 

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 1

The only good PvP in DayZ is the breakdown of random meetings. EDIT: Sort of like that last scene in The Walking Dead Season 1 Finale: 

LOL i am no KOSer just trying to get them off the coast and shooting at people with the experience to shoot back... Hey i am up in them there woods i like a little excitment to nothings gets the heart started like a good bullet wizzing past you ..

Edited by SoulFirez

The only good PvP in DayZ is the breakdown of random meetings. 

The thread is about where to go if you want to find geared people to fight, which is real PVP and is a hell of a lot of fun. "No it isn't!" some of you might say, but unless you've been in a lengthy firefight between your group and another well armed big group of bandits at a military base and come out on top, then you're missing out on the most exciting and fun aspect of the game.

What's your alternative take? Go find geared people to jog up to them, armed or not, wave and say 'friendly'? Yeah, because that has always had more than one outcome... not.

• Like 2

LOL i am no KOSer just trying to get them off the coast and shooting at people with the experience to shoot back... Hey i am up in them there woods i like a little excitment to nothings gets the heart started like a good bullet wizzing past you ..

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Because that is quite exhilarating. Although I found making contact with big groups up north can lead to good trades that both groups need. It also leads to great PvP.

I'm just hoping this thread doesn't break down into, "Go hang out at the rock formations at Kamyshovo and kill freshies." - Sorry if my context was taken out of context, by me.

Edited by Esolu

Balota Airfield hands down. From the tall buildings to the north people never know what hit them.

12640504435_242aecab70_h.jpg

Balota Airfield hands down. From the tall buildings to the north people never know what hit them.

12640504435_242aecab70_h.jpg

That's not PvP. That's called being an asshole.

How is that even remotely entertaining?

That's not PvP. That's called being an asshole.

How is that even remotely entertaining?

That's not being an asshole. That's called hunting.

Elektro and Berenzino. Had the best firefight in my DayZ career with other bandits sniping on the apartments of Berenzino.

PVP will always be most heavy near spawn points.

when the spawns were all near cherno and elektro, that is where the pvp was focused (sniper hills, etc)

now it seems a bit further north east, like factory/berezino, etc.

i generally just run away from the coast, for fear of douchbags trying to molest me in packs...with their high pitched voices and yelling.

my latest spot is the industrial complex near BZ,  super nice spot to scope the area and engage from.

i do miss elektro and cherno, i havent been there in months!

Electro is still a mass slaughter, i recommend heading there again some time if you like fighting other players.

Only yesterday i got into a fight with a group of four fully armed players, needless to say it never ended well for me.

Elektro. Hands town.

Take four guys down there and run around the main roads. Wait for the brazen solo rooftop snipers to engage you then take them out.

Edited by Nocturnal

That's not being an asshole. That's called hunting.

How is that hunting ???

I have never seen anyone 'hunt' from the top of an apartment block miles away from the kill with only a small chance of getting to the prize unless you're extremely wreckless.

I hunt, there is no hunting going on here just a whole lot of camping.

Yea Elektro to me just seems way to opened and random. You don't want to shoot a bambi but at the same time when ur hearing shots everyone you see is a threat so to me Elektro is way too hectic. Like I said Cherno is just perfect, it has that big city vibe, nice big apartments, plenty of cover, and it made sense on why I met so many ppl that were geared there. Balota is only a few minutes away and the apartments north of it are a nice gearing spot. I've been to the north plenty but it seems after the last 2 updates ppl really aren't going there anymore,i don't blame them either because thats one heck of a hike. And to this dude screaming out KOS kiddies, I see that you caught urself trolling but dude next time think twice before posting.

How is that hunting ???

I have never seen anyone 'hunt' from the top of an apartment block miles away from the kill with only a small chance of getting to the prize unless you're extremely wreckless.

I hunt, there is no hunting going on here just a whole lot of camping.

Um sometimes you have to get down from the apartments and go in the forests. There are these magical things called "trees" that block your view of the enemy if he/she/them decides to move on.

If this game had no PvP it would be the most utterly boring game on the market (well besides Dear Esther... never really enjoyed that one). Honestly though, if there were no bandits or mass murderers in DayZ there would be no game. They make the game what it is. Also, chances are if you see someone fully geared along the coast they are also looking for PvP. Some of them may even just be looking for the cheap thrill of shooting bambis. So if anything, someones going along the coast shooting only fully armed players is most likely doing freshspawns a service. If you think you have an argument... just don't.

I tend to find the most firefights in Elektro. Every time I hang out there for longer than 15 minutes I hear gunfire, and/or see one or two armed players.

Edited by k0pkaas