Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Depth

Anyone have any problems with ammo disappearing?

Hey, guys.

Sometimes when I find ammo, mainly .357 ammo, I lose some of my current .357 ammo if I empty the new box.

Anyone have this happen to them?  I will usually lose almost an entire slot of emptied .357 once I empty a new box of it.  So lately, I just keep the ammo inside it's box until i've run out of any remaining emptied .357 in my inventory.

Thank

• Like 2

I've noticed this issue with other types of ammo as well. I will empty a box of ammo of the same type and another stack will occasionally go to "0" stack and be useless.

^^^ YES that's another thing I've noticed as well.  Emptied ammo will just say 0 instead of what was there before

Yes this has happened to me several times.

But it's only an Alpha, so what are going to do.

With little things like this, you have to just shrug it off and be philosophical about it.

"Sure I just lost some of my Mosin ammo, but I've still got all this other ammo so lets just move on."

I noticed this only when the other stack is less than full and they are in the same inventory container (backpack, pants, etc.).

Example:  I have a stack of 7 7.62x39 (SKS ammo) and I open a box of 7.62x39.  The box opens correctly, but the original stack is now 0.

I have had times where I will empty a magazine, but have no space and the ammo disappears.

I have also had those occasions, when emptying multiple boxes or mags, where stacks will reset to 0.

It happens only if you have an ammo box containing the same type of ammo that is currently held in the same piece of equipment.

For example, if you have a box of 357 rounds in your backpack along with a stack of 20 357 round in your backpack, upon emptying the box of rounds you will lose the current stack in your inventory. You'll be left with the rounds from the empty box and your existing stack of ammo will turn into 0 bullets. You can get around this glitch by making sure to empty your box of ammo in a piece of gear that does not currently have the type of ammo contained in the box. In the scenario I outlined above, move the box of 357 rounds into your jeans or assault vest and then empty.

Hey, guys.

Sometimes when I find ammo, mainly .357 ammo, I lose some of my current .357 ammo if I empty the new box.

Anyone have this happen to them?  I will usually lose almost an entire slot of emptied .357 once I empty a new box of it.  So lately, I just keep the ammo inside it's box until i've run out of any remaining emptied .357 in my inventory.

Thank

Devs confirmed bug, will be fixed. Wouldn't expect a high priority fix, as the workaround is simple.

Do not open a packet of ammo, or empty a clip, into your inventory if other ammo of the same type is laying around loose in your inventory.

Glitching magnum ammo has gotten me killed in the heat of a fire fight. I had five bodies lying around waiting to be looted. I was not happy

To clarify (posting from phone, cant edit) I had a speedloader with 3 bullets, and a seperate slot of 6 lose bullets. I unloaded the speedloader and the ammo disappeared. I loaded the speedloader with the six bullets and they disappeared. Then because reloading is load as fuck.... well you get the idea.

Yesterday I tried to emtpy a few of those aftermarket 5.56 mags (two loaded with 10 shots each and one with 20 bullets). I had no loose 5.56 bullets but an ammo box with 2 boxes (still wrapped) of 5.56 bullets. I had also 2 30 round mags clipped together in regular inventory. The bullets from these mags never showed up in my inventory or anywhere else.

Yesterday I tried to emtpy a few of those aftermarket 5.56 mags (two loaded with 10 shots each and one with 20 bullets). I had no loose 5.56 bullets but an ammo box with 2 boxes (still wrapped) of 5.56 bullets. I had also 2 30 round mags clipped together in regular inventory. The bullets from these mags never showed up in my inventory or anywhere else.

Using the "empty ammo" option on magazines outside of your inventory will have the ammo fall on the ground... but its glitched. The ammo is falling THROUGH the ground never to be seen again,

My existing stacks of .357 seem to mysteriously lose 50% of their stack when I empty a box of the same ammo. The only way I seem to avoid this is by putting the stack and the box in different "bags" in my inventory.

Using the "empty ammo" option on magazines outside of your inventory will have the ammo fall on the ground... but its glitched. The ammo is falling THROUGH the ground never to be seen again,

They might be just in the room below...if there's one and accessible.

The issue seems not to be restricted to ammo only. Just lost my medical box yesterday when I tried to put it on the floor on 1st floor of a hospital. Unluckily the space below isn't accessible.

There was a box of ammo on the groud. I emptied it before putting it into my inventory and it just vanished into thin air.