Sign in to follow this  
bioMatrix

18 Holes of DayZ

Hi Guys,

I thought of this while watching YouTubers play DayZ and chat with each other about random stuff while walking across the map.  What if DayZ (or similar types of slow-paced MMOs) became a popular way of socializing and conducting business deals?  What if it supplanted golf as a professional networking tool?  Instead of going to the country club in the sweltering heat, imagine chatting with business associates while chopping zombies with a fire-axe, sniping at other teams on the airfield, or looting for canned tuna.

Is this a crazy idea or will it come to fruition as this gamer generation comes of age?  Personally I hope DayZ networking becomes a trend because I can't stand golf!  (except mini golf 8-)

Thoughts?

It would work until someone comes up and demands their pants, and when they don't give them their pants, a sniper shoots one of them, and they force-feed the other one rubbing alcohol

• Like 2

...or you end up hitting your client over the head with an machete because you're both starving and you just found a single low-stock bag of rice between you.

Edit: Still better than golf, though, I agree.

Edited by Pillock

What exactly were you smoking at the time you came up with this?

Also, brilliant idea.

• Like 4

Was hoping for a 'Add Golf to Dayz' thread...

I shall leave disappointed.

• Like 5

Wha? No love for golf cars?

(Bit of info: People in the "golf car" industry HATE when you refer to them as "golf carts".)

I worked for Club Car for a while. I called them golf carts every chance I got. :D

Edited by creature
  • Like 2

That sort of thing has been happening for years in that game called Second Life.

Never played it, not my thing, but I do remember hearing of that exact thing occurring in that game.

I think it would be a fun idea. But two words: Private Server.

Is a must I think.

DayZ Apocalypse Day:

- "Move more, we must take the roof of IBM building !!! "

- "Cover... Sniper at BMW tower !!! "

Is a must I think.

Good things come to those who wait...  ;)

Was hoping for a 'Add Golf to Dayz' thread...

I shall leave disappointed.

Imagine the coast. Bandits are now lining up with their drivers and golf balls trying to take down fresh spawns

• Like 1

Imagine the coast. Bandits are now lining up with their drivers and golf balls trying to take down fresh spawns

Turn the whole coast into an ingame driving range?!

IM IN! DOUBLE DOWN ON THAT!

Turn the whole coast into an ingame driving range?!

IM IN! DOUBLE DOWN ON THAT!

Better watch out man, the carebears are going to try to take your drivers and fairways woods away and leave you nothing but short irons and wedges, all while seeing visions of Chubbs in the sky

carl-weathers-and-happy-gilmore-gallery.

• Like 1

I thought Cherno and the no pants policy was already the business meeting place?

Is a must I think.

Honestly, I can't imagine what profession occupations would even consider a zombie survival sim as an appropriate meeting place. It would just be so awkward.

"Ok Mr Takimora-San, you just spawned on the east coast. I'm camping the NWAF. Just walk north-west for two hours and be sure to hold your hands up and wiggle so I don't shoot you in the face on accident. Then we can discuss terms of the corporate restructuring. Try not to get handcuffed and force-fed rotten bananas."

6 hours later...

"ok I guess having a beer and cigar while carting around a beautifully manicured golf course and getting some sun and exercise would have been a better use of time. Again, I'm sorry I shot you. But to be fair, I said wiggle not spin."

Edited by Crooked Hauser

It is a little surprising there isn't a single golf course in the whole "country". Football pitches have been added. 

What was I smoking when I thought of this?  Nothing!  I think like this normally. :blink:

Wait until this generation "grows up" (if that ever happens :D ) then we might see more second-life/DayZ social networking possibilities.

Better watch out man, the carebears are going to try to take your drivers and fairways woods away and leave you nothing but short irons and wedges, all while seeing visions of Chubbs in the sky

carl-weathers-and-happy-gilmore-gallery.

It's all in the hips bro...

golf is an excuse to discuss business/network.

i dont want to get to know/work with the guy who just force disenfectant to a handcuffed bambi