KaiDekA

What's the best DayZ glitch you have come across?

So earlier on I broke my legs eating an orange, that was hilarious :D

• Like 2

I shot this guy who was just standing there eating an orange, and he didn't even die. Just broke his legs.

• Like 9

I spawned on a house roof once.

Another time I hopped inside a car by pressing 'v' and subsequently died.

Edited by hatesauce

I shot this guy who was just standing there eating an orange, and he didn't even die. Just broke his legs.

Applause.gif

• Like 1

Well, while I was eating my dry powdered milk in the desolate forests of Chernarus, a rabbit hopped and scraped me....somehow this caused me to die instantly. ;-;

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I like that you can walk right up to a rabbit, they're as cute as buttons.   I don't like that you can run right through a second story wall and fall to your death.  And one time I was rubber banded back 4 kilometers into the middle of a small town, slowly turning in circles staring at my feet.

I was running up the stairs in a school, and when I went around and up to the third floor aiming for the room with the weapon, I suddenly found myself on the 2nd floor again.  I had to stop and think for a moment, since I didn't see anything happen.  Was I imagining things?  Did I actually go up three floor, or just two?

Well, while I was eating my dry powdered milk in the desolate forests of Chernarus, a rabbit hopped and scraped me....somehow this caused me to die instantly. ;-;

So the rumors are true. The death bunny lives!

So this was my favorite glitch experience. It's a bit long, but hilarious, and entails several glitches in the same instance.

I finally make it to NEAF. I have nothing but a wood axe. As soon as I arrive at the double doors of the first building a player armed with an M4 rounds the corner. He shouts for me to freeze. I sprint around the building in the opposite direction. Instead of continuing to run around like I knew he expected me to do, I stopped just at the corner and waited with my axe. When he came around he was in mid sentence, "you better sto..." catch him right in the face with my axe, but his ballistic helmet saves him. He runs forward, passing me with his M4 in hand. I chase him. I know that he can't run faster than me with his M4 out. If he stops even for a second i'm burying my axe in his back. He keeps repeating, "dude, I have a gun." I respond, "you better not stop running." Then I scream like a lunatic for fun. I think this must have startled him because he stopped running for a second. Maybe he messed up trying to put his M4 away to run faster. In any case, I nail him with the coup de grace. He accepted his fate with dignity. Not a peep.     

I loot his stuff, then run inside the building he chased me around. I was on the top floor in the room with the bunk beds, and this is where the glitches begin. I put my new M4 down for a second to organize my inventory and it disappears. I'm thinking, "okay it probably fell through the floor." I check, not there. I wait, not there. So I think maybe I never actually picked it up to begin with. Maybe it was a glitch. So I go back to the body to check. It is out in the open airfield. As I'm looting I hear a player running towards me. I break the inventory screen by double tapping w and start sprinting just as a player nails me with an axe. I ask, "dude what the hell?" with him on my heals. He states, "fuck you, you killed me friend."

So I run around the building the same way I had before. I managed to get a little ahead of him, because I was sprinting empty-handed, and he was wielding his axe. I think to myself that the same exact strategy might work again. It's unlikely that his friend explained the exact way I managed to kill him; it was embarrassing after all. So I stop running at the same corner and take out my axe. Now, I'm down one axe hit, and the only way for me to survive this engagement is if I catch him in the head before he hits me anywhere. I was leaning into the side of the building just as he was about to come around when I glitched through the wall into the bottom level of the building and my M4 was right where I was waiting for it to appear before I left to check the body again. I had completely forgotten about it. So I confidently stroll outside. He sees me, doesn't see that I have his friend's old M4, and runs headlong into my hail of gunfire. "Now I've killed you too!" I exclaim victoriously. He proceeds to whine, "you fucking server hopper, you fucking server hopping bitch." His body glitches and starts floating away as I happily stroll along with him and explain that I glitched through the wall and found my M4. He proceeded to whine and accuse me of being a server hopper all the way down the hill until his body finally poofed out of existence. It was all very entertaining.                 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 2

In Electro, if you go into the school by the coast, and you go to the staircase with the boxes and walk crawl through the boxes, then you can wait for people and when they walk up te staircase, you can stand up and your head goes through the floor, and you can shoot them.....the glitch though.....

Worst: Shooting from the top of sniper hill in Elektro. (The bullets almost always hit an invisible wall).

Best: Getting stuck behind the wooden doors in Cherno and Elektro and reading sermons.

My best one? Finding one of the castles ( I forget the name, it's kinda middle of the map though) I was so excited I went to the roof, and went to the edge, wanting to scope my surroundings. Except when I got to the wall, my character didn't stop running, even though I had released the w button. Now what I enjoyed here is how he glitched through the low wall, and proceeded to run through the air for around 6 foot. When he fell to the ground and died.

What didn't amuse me was he was my first character (HIgh pop server, geared out through luck, and had survived for 8 hours, around 5 of them in Chern and Elektro somehow, probably just luck or everyone was somewhere else at the time lol)