Sign in to follow this  
KarmaCoin

Ammo Box - Easier Usage Idea

The ammo box is a very handy item but it can be pretty clunky to use. And dropping it on the ground to grab some ammo can result in losing both the box and all the ammo inside if the server resets. Here are a couple ideas on how to change the ammo box so that it is easier to use.

1.)  Simplify the ammo box by making it function just like a stack of ammo but with a higher stack count. This way you can perform all the usual ammo interactions without having to drop the box.

2.) Allow use of bullets from the hot-bar. I noticed we can place bullets in the hot-bar, however dragging or right clicking them does not allow us to load a weapon. If we could drag or right click to use ammo from the hot-bar then we could use the ammo inside the ammo box without having to drop it on the ground. This would be similar to using bandages from the hot-bar when they are inside the med-kit.

3.) Add an open option when right clicking the box (or any container) that allows access to the contents of the box without dropping it.

4.) Allow the box to be dragged onto a clip or gun to load it. If the box has the appropriate ammo inside it should load the clip or gun when dragged onto it.

5.) Allow all ten slots of the box to be viewed when the box is taken into hands.

Edited by KarmaCoin
  • Like 1

I'd rather they keep it so you have to put it down personally, although with the amount of bugs with dropping stuff at the moment it might be safer just to allow us to open it for now. 

In the long run I think you should still have to put it down, open it and take out your ammo. Not keen on just being able to load straight from the box.

• Like 2

I would like to see a drag bar when you hold it in your hand to scroll trough the items inside.

• Like 1

You don't have to set it down... just put it in to your hands

Its to big to get all the items when you hold it in your hand.

Max to see when holding in hand: 6

Max of the ammobox: 8

You don't have to set it down... just put it in to your hands

Ah okay. Well even that is better than just being able to load straight from the box.

Its to big to get all the items when you hold it in your hand.

Max to see when holding in hand: 6

Max of the ammobox: 8

max is 10, but yes, it should show all when you have it in hands

I personally don't think you should have an ammo box in that appearance or variety. Cause it's a .30 Cal US Ammo box which I can tell you right now is around 4 pounds of steel with nothing in it, and I have around 500 rounds of 8mm Mauser in one and it's closer to 40 pounds loaded

so carrying one of those around even in a backpack isn't practical. and if the rounds are loose like I'd assume they are once you remove them from the box they're damn loud.

• Like 1

I personally don't think you should have an ammo box in that appearance or variety. Cause it's a .30 Cal US Ammo box which I can tell you right now is around 4 pounds of steel with nothing in it, and I have around 500 rounds of 8mm Mauser in one and it's closer to 40 pounds loaded

so carrying one of those around even in a backpack isn't practical. and if the rounds are loose like I'd assume they are once you remove them from the box they're damn loud.

True, but it is in the game currently and I just want it to be a bit easier to use. Or at the very least not require dropping on the ground and potentially losing it.

I like it the way it is now, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it all in one stack per ammo type.

I also wouldn't mind seeing half size ammo boxes that take up 2 slots but hold half or a third of the amount.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

The big problem here is server resets.

And the easy fix is to add an early warning system.

Not at all hard to do and not at all time consuming (or well at least I think so).

The big problem here is server resets.

And the easy fix is to add an early warning system.

Not at all hard to do and not at all time consuming (or well at least I think so).

Server resets are certainly part of the issue as well as dropped items sometimes not appearing or appearing in a place you can't loot such as inside an chair or bush.

Regardless, A warning message for server restarts would be very nice.

• Like 1

max is 10, but yes, it should show all when you have it in hands

Added show all ten slots when in hands to the main post as option 5.

The ammo box is fine as it is. 

Currently, you get 6 extra ammo slots for the four that the box takes up, making it quite valuable for ammo storage. The penalty for this is having to drop the box on the ground or holding it in your hands to access it. This is both authentic and balancing. Any changes to make it 'easier' to interact with (like dragging it onto a weapon to reload the weapon, or being able to access it without having it in your hands or dropping it) would not be authentic and would unbalance their use.

The ammo box is fine as it is. 

Currently, you get 6 extra ammo slots for the four that the box takes up, making it quite valuable for ammo storage. The penalty for this is having to drop the box on the ground or holding it in your hands to access it. This is both authentic and balancing. Any changes to make it 'easier' to interact with (like dragging it onto a weapon to reload the weapon, or being able to access it without having it in your hands or dropping it) would not be authentic and would unbalance their use.

I totally understand that point of view. In which case I think option 5 is perfectly reasonable. Take the box into your hands and actually be able to use all ten slots seems like it would retain all of the authentic usage you're describing but also make the thing easier to use.

In case you didn't know taking the box into your hands currently only shows 5 of the ten slots which I'm assuming is a bug.

Edited by KarmaCoin