Sign in to follow this  
OldWolf (DayZ)

Jump when hearing Gunshots?

You guys know Rust, those fucking teleport hackers with aimbot? You don't hear any extra foot steps except your own. Then suddenly BOOM HEADSHOT from behind you're dead. This will make you jump.

Thank you for that story that had little to do with the question ;)

Heh... well it was a touch on the verbal rambling side, but the point was made, the gunshots you hear are the good ones - they are the ones which save your life! ;)

• Like 1

For me it's mostly ambient noises... yet when i hear a gunshot i'm like "Oh finally some action !"

the worst is when you have an axe and you hit the wall and it sounds like a gunshot.

If I am in Elektro on a populated server I am used to it, no worries. I just crouch and try to find him and stalk the shooter. If it's in the middle of nowhere I am most positive that bullet has my name on it so it gets the pulse up.

Look, even after months of combat in real life.. you still jump when you hear gunshots that ring out of nowhere. 

Dont feel bad, its normal and only means you're really getting into the game. Which is good :)

• Like 2

How about those birds? Can't tell you how many times I've been posted up looking out a window or something and a bird flies RIGHT by the window. Hopefully we will be able to shoot them at some point :D

I still jump. I have had times I've pulled my keyboard/mouse into my lap. Or scream "SHIT" "FUCK" at 3am with a house full of people.

This.

Not at all well received when the wife in on an early shift and has to be up at 5:30am...

• Like 1

I was on the outskirts of the North East Airfield in the woods just chillin and being extremely cautious when I thought I heard a soda can open but couldn't be sure so I adjusted my audio to full volume in the game options for the first time, all of a sudden I heard real close gun shots extremely fecking loud, I jumped and shit myself at the same time not realising it was a test for the volume in game... lolz

So yeah I jump when I hear gunshots :-)

Depends on how close, but the adrenaline starts flowing for sure, heart rate goes up, I start checking every sniper spot i can sthink while getting a huge boner in the process. Sometimes i seek it out, sometimes I wait and see what happens. I tend to shadow people much more than I actually kill these days, so my curiosity sometimes gets me killed. But then I respawn and make a live a new adventure. Not mad at that guy who shot me. I probably looked shady, even though I would rather observe more than actually have to defend myself.

P.S SKS shots are loud as a mofo' , so be wary shooting that thing. At least twice as loud as a m4 . \\m//

It's weird, because everytime I hear a shot my character's pants immediately get that Damp status. Must be a bug or something...

• Like 1

Look, even after months of combat in real life.. you still jump when you hear gunshots that ring out of nowhere. 

Dont feel bad, its normal and only means you're really getting into the game. Which is good :)

^^All this, the crack of shots going by me gives me such a rush. I fell inlove with it since my first experience. It still does scare the shit out of me though, but i love the feeling and the sound.

Last month I had some fun on a high populated server by firing off shots over Cherno and watching people log off.

P.S SKS shots are loud as a mofo' , so be wary shooting that thing. At least twice as loud as a m4 . \\m//

A friend and I did some sound distance testing last night with the M4, SKS, Magnum, and FNX. Surprisingly the M4 with the lowest sound could be heard the furthest, followed by the SKS, then Magnum, then the FNX. I don't imagine it would be different for anyone else, but who knows.

The one thing that really annoys me, is that there doesn't seem to be much change in the volume of the shots. The only differences in volume is right next to me, any distance from me, or no sound at all. I know all(or most) of the sounds are going to be changed, but at this point is it pretty hard for me to use shots to judge distance and i have a pretty good amount of experience with it.

I don't jump while hearing gunshots, it's more of a "did  I die now? No? Where did the sound come from I wonder.."  been in too many fire fights in this game for it to impact me properly, if I'm running in a group however, it's suddenly turned upside down. Go figure.

Regards.

I piss my pants at every sound... hear someone drink or eat, "OHHH SHIT THEY COMING!!!"

Hear some foot steps (more often than not a zombie in the building) "HOLY SHIT THEY HERE!!!"

Whenever my girl tries to axe a zombie and misses, hitting a wall, I crap myself thinking we are under attack

There does not seem to be any doppler effect on gunfire right now. But damn, in vicintity the SKS is crazy loud.