Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

Dean Hall is leaving Bohemia!!!!

Ok gimme my money back and ill go put it towards a game that wont be forgotten by the Developer after a few months.

Edited by V3teran

Dean Hall is leaving Bohemia!!!!

Ok gimme my money back and ill go put it towards a game that wont be forgotten by the Developer after a few months.

Hysteric kid :D

• Like 1

I don't like this heart attack thing that is being added. Yes, skinny people can have heart attacks too but heart attacks aren't that common to be placed in the game. I hope it is not as bas as I think it is.

instead of adding berries, weapons, weather and other cosmetics, how about adding the zombie population up so there is actually zombies, and then after that adding all the nice loot. Make the base game first then add the icing. Just feeling a little tired with it , every week is lots of little loot but no proper improvement.

Want to see zombie hordes and have to run from them.

The fireaxe also feels a bit OP. Food is still too common and we haven't even got respawning loot or hunting. Its like there wasn't even an apocalypse in Cherno. All the people are gone, but they left food and belongings behind. Too much. And not enough Zombies.

Still feel the game is way way very easy,. i want hard core zombie survival.

Loving it though, appreciate all the work, just been constructive critism and honest feedback.

• Like 1

http://kotaku.com/dayz-lead-developer-is-stepping-down-starting-his-own-1529578531

yeah hes leaving. Was that the plan the whole time, get enough money for his own studio? Says he wasnt planning on this year, but could the critical success of Dayz have made it possible to leave earlier? If this affects development ill be pissed, but i have other games as well, so we will see how this plays out

SHAME ON YOU DEAN HALL

if u gonna leave bohemia to open your own company game, pls make a decent mmo shooter game

How about, finish what you started. Opening a new studio is time consuming and expensive, and the game youve been developing for over 2 years is still in Alpha. Yeahhhhhh perfect time to go open your own place. 

That doesn't mean he's going to leave DayZ hanging. "I would extend my involvement here as long as Bohemia wanted—needed—me," he explained.

"Originally I wasn't going to do this year, but it would be stupid not to, and it would be unfair to the community. I have to be on the project as long as it's important to. Whether that role is as the leader, whether that role is in a more creative sense... But at a certain point there will be diminishing returns.

"I'll be always involved," he said, but stated that he will move on by the end of the year and start building his own studio—a proces he thinks will take "years." We wish him luck.

People should learn to read...

• Like 7

People do read, they just stop reading before they get all the facts and then they go and post inaccurate details that get other ignorant people interested and soon you have a perfect storm of ignorance. Kids today... Back in my day we had to read every news story ten times through and then find at least 3 different opinions expressed by notable academics on the matter to form the basis of a 10,000 word thesis that we had to present to a panel of our peers before we were even allowed to give the article an up- or downvote on reddit.

• Like 7

It's funny how the ''Eat all'' function seems so unrealistic to players. Obviously it takes more time than eating 1/4 of it. That will probally be the downside to it. It just takes more time to finish the can of food. 

Problem solved, noobs.

!!Congrats!!

Worst first post ever.

If the eat all mean you stay there until you finish the food it is equal to 4 time eating food i agree ... if eat alll mean eat 4 time in 1 time i don't agree ...

In a few ways, eating a whole can of food shouldnt take the same amount of time as eating a quarter of it, but to be realistic, I can eat a whole can of beans in like, 2 seconds. Buuuuuuuttttttttt, whatever, idc how much time it takes, being able to eat a whole can of food is a good advancement because it means i wont have to wait soooooo long to cure some hunger :D

ok so we need a ETA, its been a week already

• Like 1

Before people start freaking out on this thread about Dean eventually leaving, and before other media outlets possibly attempt to paint a darker picture of what is actually happening, first read the original eurogamer article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-dean-hall-to-leave-bohemia-and-step-down-as-leader-of-dayz

Then read this reddit post with his responses: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ysdow/dean_hall_to_leave_bohemia_and_step_down_as/cfnftwq?context=1

Basically, he won't be leaving as a lead developer (this is just 1 cog in the machine, he isn't the entire machine running this show. In fact, they now have a large team that has already been taking the wheel on DayZ) until the end of the year, and that's if he's no longer needed at all. If he is, he'll stay longer.

Just wanted to state this before more people started freaking out.

• Like 1

Was going to say, didn't he say a while ago that his plan was to eventually step down from DayZ and start another game (not sure if it was a joke or serious about a mountain climbing simulator)?

I don't understand, why are they adding so much usless staff and nothing which they wrote in the upcoming futures like vehicles, more guns, place constructing etc???

For what the heck should I do with all this hats and pants if I can't store all that shit anyware? 

3 months are gone, and I didn't see any significant futures added to the game which can somehow motivate me to play this game...

I bought it a month ago, played like 2 days with my friend, got all the staff and got borring because where is nothing to do with.

Bring us something we can play with, and then add all this textures, vilages updates and other stylistic things!

From what I saw, people with mods do more then a developers team...

• Like 4

I don't understand, why are they adding so much usless staff and nothing which they wrote in the upcoming futures like vehicles, more guns, place constructing etc???

For what the heck should I do with all this hats and pants if I can't store all that shit anyware? 

3 months are gone, and I didn't see any significant futures added to the game which can somehow motivate me to play this game...

I bought it a month ago, played like 2 days with my friend, got all the staff and got borring because where is nothing to do with.

Bring us something we can play with, and then add all this textures, vilages updates and other stylistic things!

From what I saw, people with mods do more then a developers team...

ur just a regular member in disguise trolling right?

so is this going to follow the trend of the past updates and go up tomorrow? (Wednesday)

According to Mr. Hall it will be tested for "a few weaks" beside i dont see the "big changes".... Think Wednesday will air another experimentalpatch and they will go to stable bundled next or the following week

According to Mr. Hall it will be tested for "a few weaks" beside i dont see the "big changes".... Think Wednesday will air another experimentalpatch and they will go to stable bundled next or the following week

Yup, I read "about 2 weeks" or something roughly 5 days ago. I kind of wish some small stuff like the infinite loop on death bug could be pushed to stable now, but maybe it is connected to other stuff =/

Yup, I read "about 2 weeks" or something roughly 5 days ago. I kind of wish some small stuff like the infinite loop on death bug could be pushed to stable now, but maybe it is connected to other stuff =/

Can't find the link anymore and can't remember if it was a tweet, reddit or I dreamt it, but I recall that Exp would likely see weekly updates and Stable would only see them every 3~4 weeks. Something to do with the shitstorm of 'I know it's an Alpha but... RANT!' threads that we got after the last few Stable updates. Also, wanting to test things better on the Exp servers for more than the few days the last Stable update had. If you recall, there were a few issues ;)