Sign in to follow this  
Rancor

New Update Rolling out on experimental 0.36.115535

thank you for testing exp'ers.

i cant patch to exp right now as my internets are too slow to keep stable with steam for dowloading.

can we get a thrown-together changelog?

so far:

ruger 10/22

Isnt actually in..

Can we get pics of these new building sites and locations please

Pardon the quality, forgot to tweak the settings and it reset for me.

That one is from Staroye.

kxCUoTq.jpg

• Like 2

waiting on confirm of pulse and heart attacks

also blood loss death isnt knock out til respawn? real death?

tumblr_mpya4uhk181saorh0o1_500.gif

Isnt actually in..

or you just havent found a ruger yet?

it's been talked about as "upcoming soon" for the last two weeks.

Hicks mentioned in his lives stream yesterday there would be no update to the stable branch this week during the Wednesday maintenance. But, hopefully features will be pushed on the experimental for the next week and then get into the next Wednesday update. woo!

how do you dry out then? has Prometheus returned to Chernarus yet with the stolen secret?

• Like 2

Just a few pics to demonstrate the weather and it seems the experimental servers have the rain turned on almost permanently forcing you to run from building to building...

So far the three states of clothing I've experienced; damp, wet and soaked:

DAogiHM.jpg

G2UURn9.jpg

RMscuf5.jpg

Next up showing you that you can shelter under trees and under open sided buildings:

zvCPbRa.jpg

sDYpcpz.jpg

Finally the state of my clothing while soaked. Note that while I had a helmet and a raincoat on, they were soaked, yet my boots and my cargo pants (and also the backpack, although not on this image) were all dry:

ZJ3RK9K.jpg

Of the other things I've noticed, the zombies are much more aggressive (slightly) and your breathing sounds are way more noticeable.

• Like 9

I have no idea when sickness comes in, or how long it takes to dry out. I tried to keep inside as much as I could but as I say the rain was almost continual with maybe 30 second of dry weather between the rain. I have matches and wood in my inventory but no stones and I believe that I need stones in order to make fire so I can't comment on that.

In terms of lighting fires for anything other than warmth, you cannot put water, tinned food (both open or sealed) or rice into the cooking pot so I don't think you can use the cooking pot in conjunction with a fire. I presume that being the same as with the cooking stove.

Imho, zombie repawning makes absolutly no sense, when loot isn't respawing, too.

Please explain why it doesn't make sense. It makes absolute sense, it is a fricking zombie game...

• Like 1

ok no cooking yet and campfires still un-confirmed.

cool post about the rain/soaked conditions.

The raincoat seems to take forever to dry off in comparison to the rest of your clothes.

Meaning, you'll probably have to keep a pair of spare shirts in your bags.

has anyone tried to commit sucide using pistol as know dean was talking about that alot lately?

The raincoat seems to take forever to dry off in comparison to the rest of your clothes.

Meaning, you'll probably have to keep a pair of spare shirts in your bags.

How long does anything take to dry off? I waited a little while in one building (less than real time 5 minutes) and it never seemed to change the state.

How long does anything take to dry off? I waited a little while in one building (less than real time 5 minutes) and it never seemed to change the state.

No idea, I'm still waiting for mine - it's soaking wet, and I'm damp and my clothes are dry.

No news on fireplaces? I am assuming they are going to implement some sort of heating in order to dry off quicker.

No news on fireplaces? I am assuming they are going to implement some sort of heating in order to dry off quicker.

Not necessarily true. They could just be testing the indicator and weather to see if everything is properly synced before the actually tie the status ailments to it.

No idea, I'm still waiting for mine - it's soaking wet, and I'm damp and my clothes are dry.

Are you the same with the clothes as I showed in the last pic? Some are wet (helmet, jacket) yet others are not (boots and combats).

No idea, as I say I have matches and wood (I found the wood. not harvested) but no stones. I believe the stones are needed to make the fireplace, which you then apply the wood then you light with the matches. That's a guess btw, not sure.

Not necessarily true. They could just be testing the indicator and weather to see if everything is properly synced before the actually tie the status ailments to it.

Rocket did mention fires when tweeting about the weather effects, although you are right and they could be just testing the indicators just now.

Loving this stuff even if it is especially brutal for survival with the missing of some things :P 

Reported/Confirmed.

Elektro has that new train station building from Svelto.

Likely, but not confirmed, that it has been placed in other places too.

Also seems that not all items are getting wet and raincoats aren't protecting from the rain, so I'd think they might want to sort that out before the whole server die's cos raincoats don't function as intended.

Are you the same with the clothes as I showed in the last pic? Some are wet (helmet, jacket) yet others are not (boots and combats).

No idea, as I say I have matches and wood (I found the wood. not harvested) but no stones. I believe the stones are needed to make the fireplace, which you then apply the wood then you light with the matches. That's a guess btw, not sure.

do stones stack in your inventory? and/or do you need a set amount of them to make the ring around the campfire?

do stones stack in your inventory? and/or do you need a set amount of them to make the ring around the campfire?

No idea, as they were useless I've just ignored them in the past.

Of course now I need one....  :rolleyes:

Edit: I believe the wood will be stackable as it shows a value of 5 next to my inventory entry.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1