Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

Does feeling bad about killing players in DayZ make me a pussy or a morally sound individual?

THE POLL  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Does feeling bad about killing people in DayZ make me a...

• pussy
    • morally sound individual
    • a person who understands i may be ruining someone's day
    • its just a game so it don't matter
    • a mix of all of the above

Don't think I didn't see you on the regular server at the Cherno journo peace walk

My group were the ones that put you down

We were running the security for the friendlies with some other guys

From where you were in the building you would have had to have looked in 3rd person

If I remember from my recording your words were "the name is death tax , die mother fuckers woooo"

Followed by spray and pray m4 shots

How do I know it was you? Because the aww full laughing shut up after we killed everyone in that house

You came back to your body pretty quick and one of the guys axed you on the stairs

And yes there will be a video up but I'm waiting for the Cherno journo to upload his version first as it's his walk

lol yup sure was fun. however, I don't run around claiming to be "uber 1337" when all i do is play on regular servers and corner peek lol. I usually only play reg to screw around. hardcore is where my main home is for any serious play. I just think it's funny how the DayZ CQF leaders talk about how incredibly sophisticated their group skills and tactics are when 99% of it involves corner peeking lol. I've watched them on sweeps, I know. My point is they wouldn't be nearly as effective in hardcore because they wouldn't be able to do all that weak nonsense 

and you're damn right it was me :P  that shit was hilarious and fun. You're just lucky I didn't take some of you out sooner. Thought I'd sit back and watch it progress and let some stuff happen for my own enjoyment. Can't tell you how many times I could have domed you in your black cowboy hat or your security that were looking up into the hills in the barn, but I chose to not be a COMPLETE douche and let you guys have your fun for a little while 

Never claimed to be pro cuz of that fun little escapade, now did I :) besides, not my fault they decided to hold it on a 3pp server 

and tell me...how is CJ's head doing after that little event :)

Edited by DeatHTaX

I still haven't seriously killed anyone in this game except some idiots who try to punch me off spawn but ive been close to killing people passing by but i just cant click the button idk. The game is giving me the experience i expected.

In real life, you wouldn't be able to callously murder people more than a few times before going insane, unless you're a sociopath or something. The only time I've ever killed someone was out of fear mainly, not to take his stuff.

You can't say that for sure, if it's you or the other guy you will off him at an instant.

http://www.hark.com/clips/jkjjnmzfwp-when-youre-pushed-killings-as-easy-as-breathing

Edited by General Zod

Don't be simple.

Little twatty-squeak teens who seek instant gratification and a fleeting rush of masculinity are hardly, if at all, sociopaths.

Not all sociopaths are so uncouth. The most dangerous among us blend in perfectly.

Perhaps it was a little strong, but they're exhibiting highly sociopathic behaviours.

And of course they aren't the ONLY type of sociopath. Sociopaths are as varied as people in general.

Stop calling people sociopaths, they are bored, currently getting all the gear is easy and fast, ammo is abundant, so what do you do after you geared up ? One option is to kill people. Later on when guns and ammo is very scarce, KoS will decrease by a lot, because people will be more busy finding things they need to survive. Which means they won't shoot others for fun because that bullet might be needed later.

It'll piss me off to get killed in this game as it takes me a while to stock up on gear at the moment.  But, I've come from EvE online, where risk of loss is just one of those things....

K.

I remember playing the mod I never shot anyone, and the first time I did I felt really bad. Then I kept getting killed on sight many times and got so frustrated that I started doing it myself to protect myself and got used to not feeling bad anymore.

Now in this game I did kill my first guy other day cause he startled me. I didn't feel bad until I checked his gear and he didn't have anything I needed. If a guy has nothing I need then I won't kill him cause I still feel a bit bad but if I think he's a bandit or has something I want then I'm ok with that.

Me and my squad moved in on NE airfield when our sniper saw two guys looting one of the jail buildings. 

we decided not to shoot them when they leave, instead we wanted them to know that we where coming for them, so our sniper gave of a shot with his mosin, when i with a fellow squadmember where in position in front of the door. 

we pulled a straw, i lost so i had to open it  :D  while he was giving me cover.

i crouched, looked trough my sights and pressed the middle mouse button. the door opend and...

shit hit the fan

bullets everywhere but i was lucky , he aimed to high so i took him out.

i was so nervous i unloaded at least 20 rounds into the guys face and upper body ( no loot for me baby ) 

i peeked arround the corner and there was the second guy, upstairs unloading his m4 on full auto in my general direction. so i backed down and went out of the building double time and positioned myself right side of the entrance stairs.

my squadmate moved in and got shot at imidiatly from the downstairs corner,so he moved backwards while firing his whole clip in the direction of the enemy.

then he ran arround the corner and starts to reload. the enemy runs after him ( hearing the reload sound ) to finish him off and gets directly in my sights....

both tangos down 

that was a very satisfying firefight !!!

later on i thought that  we could have asked them to surrender but that wouldnt have been such a thrill

it was by far the biggest kick i ever got out of a computer game and i play since PONG 

i wont shoot an oblivious bambi BUT if ur on an airfield ur fair game !

Does feeling bad about killing players in DayZ make me a pussy or a morally sound individual?

Feeling bad about killing players in the game is a normal moral human reaction.  Asking others to validate your feelings about it in the forum makes you a pussy.