theswedishcathead

Nudity and Defecting and pissing. [Poll questions] DEAN AWNSERS MY QUESTION

Questions  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see nudity in the game?

• Yes definitely.
    • No not at all.
    • Maybe.
    • I don't mind it.
  2. 2. Defecting and pissing would you like to see this in the game?

• Yes definitely.
    • No not at all.
    • Maybe.
    • I don't mind it.
  3. 3. Would you like to see these features in a mode like hardcore?

• Yes.
    • Maybe.
    • No.

Nudity, I voted no due to it's possible controversy.

Urinating and defecating, yes.

And here are my reasons below(remember, they're only my thoughts):

Nudity:

• A possibility of lowering body temperature if you suffer a feverish symptom from an illness but could result into shivering. Normally, once you have a fever, your body will heat up to eliminate the illness in your body.
  • Could create a more humorous situation in a game, but I worry this would eliminate the serious-tone of an apocalyptic environment.
  • Would only be appropriate if it were somewhat like Rust with the censorship option.
  • Adding variations of appearances (In return; could boast role-playing*NON-SEXUAL* purposes such as tribal people with spears, bows/arrows)

Urinating/Defecating:

• Gives survivors more factors to worry about like how we have to deal with basic needs of hunger and thirst; could expand things such as an illness that could have a symptom of diarrhea. (I'd heavily suggest adding gurgling sounds to indicate you'd need to relieve yourself for defecation.)
  • I feel that after a survivor has put a living being unconscious or dead, they'll do either of those on their corpses.
  • Doing either of these in your own clothing could leave you with a foul scent which could attract flies which could result in more noise and skin irritations as a possibility.
  • Eating or drinking too much would make these more frequent, a possible chance of diarrhea from eating a lot. 

Do I want the next 'big thing' to be handcuffing people, stripping them naked and then shitting and pissing on them? Not so much.

v            v            v           v           v           v          v            v          v            v           v          v          v         v        v          v        v        v       v         v      

That's exactly what i expect to be in the game but i just think we just need to deal with it. But still i agree thought it still should be there for realism reasons.

henrik… what… the fuck… is wrong with you? seriously, you want THAT in the game?

Edited by DMentMan

<p>

Nudity, I voted no due to it's possible controversy.

Urinating and defecating, yes.

And here are my reasons below(remember, they're only my thoughts):

Nudity:

• A possibility of lowering body temperature if you suffer a feverish symptom from an illness but could result into shivering. Normally, once you have a fever, your body will heat up to eliminate the illness in your body.
  • Could create a more humorous situation in a game, but I worry this would eliminate the serious-tone of an apocalyptic environment.
  • Would only be appropriate if it were somewhat like Rust with the censorship option.
  • Adding variations of appearances (In return; could boast role-playing*NON-SEXUAL* purposes such as tribal people with spears, bows/arrows)

Urinating/Defecating:

• Gives survivors more factors to worry about like how we have to deal with basic needs of hunger and thirst; could expand things such as an illness that could have a symptom of diarrhea. (I'd heavily suggest adding gurgling sounds to indicate you'd need to relieve yourself for defecation.)
  • I feel that after a survivor has put a living being unconscious or dead, they'll do either of those on their corpses.
  • Doing either of these in your own clothing could leave you with a foul scent which could attract flies which could result in more noise and skin irritations as a possibility.
  • Eating or drinking too much would make these more frequent, a possible chance of diarrhea from eating a lot.

No nudity but pooping and peeing is okay? i mean if you have that in the game you might aswell add nudity

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

henrik… what… the fuck… is wrong with you? seriously, you want THAT in the game?

No i don't want trolls to go around naked and strip people while they pee on them. But i think the option should be there for realism Or atleast have it in hardcore servers. Nudity isn't disturbing for me and the option should be there.

Do we really need this thread?

It amazes me how many have actually voted yes for both.

I realize that it is realistic, in the sense that IRL you COULD run around fully naked, and that excretion of bodily waste is a necessary function of life.

But this is a game. I REALY don't think we need this kind of thing for this game. It would just draw more childishness and immaturity. People would start force feeding you bodily fluids, handcuffing you and striping you naked so they can....

God. Do I really need to go into detail? Use your imagination, and then tell me that you HONESTLY think people should be allowed to do these things. Force feeding me alcohol, rotten fruit, or bleach is one thing. But THIS gets into an entirely different realm of sexualized abuse that is, frankly, offensive to me. I am a mature adult, and I have ZERO interest in seeing, doing, or tolerating this kind of behavior in a game that is meant, I think, for a mature audience. We have enough problems as it is with some of the younger players acting like worthless trolls in this game already.

Honestly, to ANYONE who thinks either of these things should be implemented: Grow the fuck up.  

• Like 1

Do we really need this thread?

It amazes me how many have actually voted yes for both.

I realize that it is realistic, in the sense that IRL you COULD run around fully naked, and that excretion of bodily waste is a necessary function of life.

But this is a game. I REALY don't think we need this kind of thing for this game. It would just draw more childishness and immaturity. People would start force feeding you bodily fluids, handcuffing you and striping you naked so they can....

God. Do I really need to go into detail? Use your imagination, and then tell me that you HONESTLY think people should be allowed to do these things. Force feeding me alcohol, rotten fruit, or bleach is one thing. But THIS gets into an entirely different realm of sexualized abuse that is, frankly, offensive to me. I am a mature adult, and I have ZERO interest in seeing, doing, or tolerating this kind of behavior in a game that is meant, I think, for a mature audience. We have enough problems as it is with some of the younger players acting like worthless trolls in this game already.

Honestly, to ANYONE who thinks either of these things should be implemented: Grow the fuck up.

We just need to go with it nudity isn't more offensive than getting shot in the head. Thought shitting maybe goes over the top.

We just need to go with it nudity isn't more offensive than getting shot in the head. Thought shitting maybe goes over the top.

No, it isn't. But your average player wont have the same mentality about it.

How many, do you think? HOW MANY? How many 12 year olds will be playing this game, running around dangling their dicks in your face shouting obscenities. or running around a naked girl? Sorry, but this is the last thing I want to see in this game. And I mean the LAST THING. I would accept the total removal of zombies from the game before I EVER wanted to see this.

I WARN YOU ALL: these things being implemented (I don't believe the ever will be, which is why I see this thread as a waste, but that's just my opinion, nothing more) will result in a MASSIVE wave of untold amounts of immaturity ranging from the childish to the blatantly offensive.

EXAMPLE: You get held up by a gang of middle school age players playing as bandits. They hold you at gunpoint, cuff you, and rob you of everything. All good. Next, they disrobe you. Then one of them takes off his pants, and underwear, gets behind you, and does some weird goofy character movement involving crouching or bending over or whatever, and "rapes" you. Next, you hear a highpitched, pre-pubescent voice say "HAHA, FAGGOT! YOU JUST GOT ASS RAPED! NOW UR A FAG, FAGGOT!".

DO NOT TRY AND TELL ME THIS OR SOMETHING LIKE IT WONT HAPPEN! YOU KNOW GOD-DAMNED WELL IT WILL! The last thing I want to see in this game is MORE childish bullshit like this. I understand that IRL, something like this COULD happen, but as somebody said in another, unrelated thread, this ISNT REALITY TV, here. Its a GAME, and therefore some aspect of it is "casual" in nature. I come here every day for RECREATION, not to have tits, dicks, ass, shit, or piss rubbed in my face.

I have zero interest in allowing people, 12 years old or 50, to exercise their bizarre homo erotic domination/scat sexual fantasies on me.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 3

How many, do you think? HOW MANY? How many 12 year olds will be playing this game, running around dangling their dicks in your face shouting obscenities. or running around a naked girl? Sorry, but this is the last thing I want to see in this game. And I mean the LAST THING. I would accept the total removal of zombies from the game before I EVER wanted to see this.

I WARN YOU ALL: these things being implemented (I don't believe the ever will be, which is why I see this thread as a waste, but that's just my opinion, nothing more) will result in a MASSIVE wave of untold amounts of immaturity ranging from the childish to the blatantly offensive.

EXAMPLE: You get held up by a gang of middle school age players playing as bandits. They hold you at gunpoint, cuff you, and rob you of everything. All good. Next, they disrobe you. Then one of them takes off his pants, and underwear, gets behind you, and does some weird goofy character movement involving crouching or bending over or whatever, and "rapes" you. Next, you hear a highpitched, pre-pubescent voice say "HAHA, FAGGOT! YOU JUST GOT ASS RAPED! NOW UR A FAG, FAGGOT!".

DO NOT TRY AND TELL ME THIS OR SOMETHING LIKE IT WONT HAPPEN! YOU KNOW GOD-DAMNED WELL IT WILL! The last thing I want to see in this game is MORE childish bullshit like this. I understand that IRL, something like this COULD happen, but as somebody said in another, unrelated thread, this ISNT REALITY TV, here. Its a GAME, and therefore some aspect of it is "casual" in nature. I come here every day for RECREATION, not to have tits, dicks, ass, shit, or piss rubbed in my face.

I have zero interest in allowing people, 12 years old or 50, to exercise their bizarre homo erotic domination/scat sexual fantasies on me.

You don't quite understand do you? I know these things will happen if it was enabled on every server tons of idiot 12 year olds will do this. But if we had the option as a server admin to enable somekind of super hardcore mode which means it's has ultra realism which could add nudity and shit and piss in the game of course you can play on normal servers and these things wont happen at all. Also have communities with this mode meaning they have to sign up to join these servers and promise not to troll or act like jerks.

• Like 1

If there were nudity in game you do realise what would happen?

Do we really need to see that?

No...? Most people would still gear up and go millitary would be my assumption. Then again, people over at rust have gone all wild about nudity, so I hear :P

But if nudity (or underpants only) is implementet at the same time as a weather depending clothing system, problem solved. I mean, there are these little clouds from our breaths (sry, no clue what they are called), so a nudist wouldn't make it very long in the cold....               .....right?

Will still happen with or without nudity.

The only aspect of this is that there are no two sides of the coin for these mechanics.

Take for example, disinfectant, it has both sides of the coin. Can be used to clean rags and improve bandages. Also can be used to poison hostages.

Poop and pee will fill only the shadow side.

Therefore I must refrain from supporting it.

Nudity, nothing against. Reckon it is the same as having extra outfits.

I actually have to argue the peeing ability. It has both sides of the coin. In desperate times, you could drink urine if water isn't available.

Nudity is not needed and pooping... no. I really don't want to be shit on...

I'd like to see peeing in the game, but pooping is taking it to far. And nudity is a tad bit much as well.

Nudity wont make the game better imo. Unnecessary things would happen all the time. Same goes with human waste. Plus i hate having to stop and eat every ten mins. I cant imagine it being fun to stop because i have to pee in game. My opinion.

I want to quote myself in this regard. Just in case someone missed it in the poop thread. :D

Seems legit. There should be a chance, that when you step into a pile of poo, you slip. An even smaller chance that you break a bone due to falling damage. And another even smaller chance to land in the pile. That would give you a status "smelly". It would attract flies and the chance you get infectious wounds would get higher. You can only get rid of the "smelly" status, when you throw away your clothes or take a bath in a river / the sea.

A couple of times already when people here drop the "realism" argument, I thought about adding peeing aswell. It is realistic! Who could drink couple of pipsis and empty bottles/canteens in masses without actually ever peeing? Imagine you could control it! And at a certain point you really would have to pee otherwise your bladder would burst or you'd pee into your pants. Imagine you'd fight against bandits and they have not pee'd in a while. That would create soooo many different ways to play out.  ;)

just for the record. I hope you noticed I was being sarcastic. Well, at least a bit. :D

Edited by Sir Eglamore

Simply put: the negatives outweigh the positives; having nudity is just unnecessary. 

I do think that stripping down should atleast have you wearing the bare minimum amount of clothing you can have that you could have in most shows without censoring.

Woman, bra & knickers.

Men, undies.

None of these thermal things, if anything they should just be an extra clothing layer.

I think nudity could provide a realistic survival element (taking off ANY and all wet clothing and getting it dry to avoid hypothermia), however I would definitely like to avoid people running around with their genitalia exposed on the coast.

That realism element could be pretty well simulated down to underwear though.

My personal opinion is that yes it would be more realistic for pooping and peeing, but we want to play Dayz, not Sims

Edited by Badbliksem

Since noone has bought it up as far as I can tell, Nudity and human waste depictions in games tend to move the games rating up past 18+. Not to mention the outright bans in many countries.

Also I'd doubt that Dean and the other DayZ Devs, or BI themselves, would come out of the inevitable media BS such features would engender, smelling of Roses. How long do you think it would take for some ultra conservative group to pounce on the YouTube videos of this to push their own agenda?

Adding this in would make it more realistic, I agree, and the developers want this game to be as realistic as possible. however, You are going a bit over the top there, nudity and excretion is too realistic, I don't think anyone will want to see this.

• Like 1

Adding this in would make it more realistic, I agree, and the developers want this game to be as realistic as possible. however, You are going a bit over the top there, nudity and excretion is too realistic, I don't think anyone will want to see this.

Well rust has it dayz can do it with a censorship option.

Yes to Nudity. Needs no justification. The game is 18+. Also : realism.

There could be a functional use when swimming - clothes dont get wet.. As well as in rain.

About pooping and pissing : if there is an object in the map after pooping / pissing ; nope, hence the abuse.

If there is just a notification and animation.. why not? There already is drinking and eating. Well we all know what comes after drinking and eating, eh? So there.

TL;DR

Giev titties plx   (o Y o)

Since noone has bought it up as far as I can tell, Nudity and human waste depictions in games tend to move the games rating up past 18+. Not to mention the outright bans in many countries.

Also I'd doubt that Dean and the other DayZ Devs, or BI themselves, would come out of the inevitable media BS such features would engender, smelling of Roses. How long do you think it would take for some ultra conservative group to pounce on the YouTube videos of this to push their own agenda?

Violence is not 18+ then?

All in all i think 18+ is a good thing. Do you really want to see kids play this type of game?

no. its to much.

but i have see a peace of poop on this 3d objekt list.

i think you can step on poop and smell like shit. this will attract more zombies and is bad for hunting.

maybe...