Sign in to follow this  
dayy

Idea to stop 'hooligan' bandits

First things first, when I say 'hooligan' bandits, I mean those little kids who run around with handguns, and axes slaughtering helpless players, as my idea probably won't affect  large squads of bandits.

A few minutes ago I reading a page on how to devs are planning on 'humanizing' the characters somehow. So I was thinking, what if a 'sanity' factor was added. Meaning, the more killing you do, how you do it, and the intervals between kills, will affect your character. A few examples of things that could affect an insane character at different stages could be; hearing voices of people you killed, a red tinge to the screen, constant heavy breathing, a twitch, dropping things in your hands, inability to swallow, head twitching, difficulty in using items, and as a final stage, you character could sit down in a feeble position at random points of time. 

As for 'how you kill' I mean, your sanity will go down depending on the weapons you use, for example, sanity won't go down as fast if you shoot someone with a SKS, from several hundred meters away, as it would if you hack someone to pieces with a melee weapon. In addition to this, your sanity will go down faster if you kill 5 people within 10 minutes, than if you killed 5 people within one hour.

Thank you for reading, please say what you think, and post any additional suggestions.

1. You actually don't even know how many times this has been suggested, and I feel sorry for you, but this isn't too new.

2. It seems like the effects you mentioned would be terribly annoying, likely to the point where they would outweigh the benefits.

This has been suggested about 200 times, and every time the idea is shot down. No.

1. You actually don't even know how many times this has been suggested, and I feel sorry for you, but this isn't too new.

2. It seems like the effects you mentioned would be terribly annoying, likely to the point where they would outweigh the benefits.

Mr Brook is right,it would be straight up nuisance to put a sanity system to confrot the KOS-ing.

Most Kosers already have broken sanity,no need to punish them in game too :P

I don't think we need an artificial system that tells us play nice.

I would rather there be more content, more hazards, more man vs. wild, more zombies, ect ---things that require people to group up to conquer--A better solution than some sanity system acting in the place of father figure looming over us. I think when we have more to do things will get better by default.

Edited by Rudette

OP's novel contribution to the topic is really coining the term "hooligan bandits".

I don't think we need an artificial system that tells us play nice.

I would rather there be more content, more hazards, more man vs. wild, more zombies, ect ---things that require people to group up to conquer--A better solution than some sanity system acting in the place of father figure looming over us. I think when we have more to do things will get better by default.

This all the way sucka please crackers an cheese have my beans ... ALL we need is barricades , harder zombies / better pathing through doors instead of zombies going through walls , and environmental disasters. Or if that's too hard just lots more zombies grouped in nomad herds , when the servers allow it tht is ...

Sanity meter I idea is starting to get to my sanity from being suggested so many tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeessssssssss

its a very average idea and should never be introduced.. you shouldnt be punished for a play style even tho bandits are fags