Sign in to follow this  
pherousa

New map.

Im kinda bored with the map because it is chernarus again... I was hoping for a urban jungle wasteland with highscrapers and city malls and stuff.

Anyway the community can make a map for the standalone with a editing progam or something? I would give it a try if there was something to create new zone/map

• Like 4

yup. some variety would be good.but its a lot of work.

a winter version of cherno is more possible i think

• Like 1

I would like a completely new map that no one knows by heart.

Instill exploration sense on top of this awesome chaos pvp we have :)

• Like 2

I would like a completely new map that no one knows by heart.

Instill exploration sense on top of this awesome chaos pvp we have :)

What kind of map would you like to see? :-)

I wish they went with a custom map right from the start. Using an old map from an old game feels and looks cheap. Even with the improvements it still looks like a collection of small, half finished, low budget set pieces connected by roads.

The only nice parts that actually feel and look like genuine places are the ship and the crashed plane (which still looks somewhat fake with so little debris and everything being A-OK 15 meters from the site)

Hopefully majority of the assets get replaced.

Edited by myshl0ng

It has been expressed by the devs once development is done they will aid modders with info and MAYBE some tools to help them produce maps for dayz trust me if you have played arma and tried the mods the comunity make nicer maps lol( many have been done for dayz mod)... If you have ever played the lingor map something like that may be the jungled city style you ask for although a little small at around 40 square km so a larger version of this....

Honestly check what modders have made for arma 2 there some epic maps2013-04-21_00001.jpg2013-04-27_00004.jpg

Edited by SoulFirez

Someone told me that there was a plan so that you could enter other map zones from Chernarus, but I'm not sure exactly how extensive this should be. The thing I want to see in the map most is a heavily fortified border region in the west, and across the border is a more urban area (some sort of neighboring country that was a fair bit more prosperous then Chernarus perhaps?) When I say urban I don't mean Chernogorsk but actual dark, cramped back alleyways and skyscrapers, absolutely overrun with zeds.

Way too much to ask for though, only a dream...

I thought the game was supposed to have taken place right after the apocalypse started and not ten-twenty years after. Why should there be any devastation at all outside what wrecks and things you see in the mod? Its not like Chernarus is the USA with a giant military force that could destroy half the buildings in their country in a few days. They probably don't have American rage that would cause a huge part of their population to burn down every major city for the hell of it at the first sign of social chaos. Realistically speaking Chernarus is right about where it should be immediately after minus a burned down house here and there in the cities. Once they add vehicles I assume they will start working on more of the ground clutter that the mod has, (barricades of broken cars in the roads, trash, dead bodies, etc). 

I can see where someone would rather be playing during day 500 instead of day zero but that's not what Dayz is about. I also hope beyond hope that they will update their A2 tools finally so I can start importing some of the maps I made for epoch. There are a bunch of good maps to play on in the mod and I expect that eventually we can do this with the SA.

a random generated cherno would be good to. so you MUST find the map and everybody start nooby.

but not sure about that.

Yes, i am going to be that person. It's pre-alpha still, they said the ARE going to expand up north, and i'm not sure but i also think Rocket mentioned adding in the old custom maps (Namalsk, Taviana,etc) and maybe some new ones. Those wallpapers aren't official either, if that's what you're trying to do.

Yes, i am going to be that person. It's pre-alpha still, they said the ARE going to expand up north, and i'm not sure but i also think Rocket mentioned adding in the old custom maps (Namalsk, Taviana,etc) and maybe some new ones. Those wallpapers aren't official either, if that's what you're trying to do.

hehe no those wallpapers are in game pictures from the game metro. But i would like to see that type of enviorment in the game :).

What kind of map would you like to see? :-)

A map that is new and everyone has to explore.

I like the tundra, alpine stuff enough, but wouldn't mind a more mediterranean scenery, rocky crags, cliffs, etc

Important would be to be new and unknown.

With start of the beta or at latest with the release of the final version, I'd love to see a complete new map.

Or at least new maps where I can go to by foot, train or ship. For the time being, the current map is fine and there are way more important things to do first.

I do not have any experiences in mapping but I guess that creating a new map is not that a big thing for an experienced team.

yup. some variety would be good.but its a lot of work.

a winter version of cherno is more possible i think

instead of just a winter version we should have seasons in game to make it more authentic 

• Like 2

It might be possible to create your own maps, it was possible for arma 2 and the engine is basically the same so it could probably be done with some support, here are a couple of maps I made for ArmA2:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/18/17495/promo1.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/ouvwjdu43/full/

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4421/screenshot1zay.jpg

something like this would be sweet, but its not going to happend:

Post-Apocalypse-London.jpgapocalypse-battle-war-soldier-wallchan-2apocalypse-17.jpg

1 Word
"Modtools"

• Like 1

Seems like a great idea apart from the fact this is 2014, not 2024.

You would need a supercomputer and have to wait years for the map to be created.

something like this would be sweet, but its not going to happend:

Post-Apocalypse-London.jpgapocalypse-battle-war-soldier-wallchan-2apocalypse-17.jpg

Yea that would be awesome