Sign in to follow this  
blackberrygoo

Homemade smoke bomb

These are not the throwing type of smoke bomb , but a stationary one more so for defense and escape rather than assault like grenades .

What you need to make them is the two main ingredients sugar , and potassium nitrate (I know very specific items but if people like the idea , might as well , sugar could be eaten and I'm sure potassium nitrate has other uses) also needed is a frying pan and a rag for the fuse.

You start by cookin the mixture of the main ingredients together , then put some of the mixture rolled into a tissue to make the fuse put the rest of the mixture in a cup or homemade paper cup and light the fuse and maybe mixture.

It would be a great way of getting away if someone corners you in an apartment or even an open corner (like inside fire station up against crates) because they won't be able to know which way out of the smoke you're about to bolt from . It's more of an "improvised" and "civilian" vibe as opposed to a militirased everyones a trained soldier feel which is why I would love to see it , it's not like every day when you find a smoke grenade even in the apocalypse I feel ( maybe I just don't know how common they are).

• Like 1

Casual bomb making class.

But I would love to see something like this. I know there is various ways of doing this, One involving a piece of PVC pipe, Which allows you to throw it. As well as rolled newspaper soaked in certain things.. 

Even lower tech Idea along the same lines: Stuff a pot with green leaves/damp rags and a bit of oil, set it on fire and place it somewhere.  Probably won't cover a larger area but may be able to do a smoke screen with it by carrying the burning pot.

It's just powdered sugar and blackpowder

These should be in the game because it would afford cover from snipers

Improvised explosives and smoke bombs would rock...  You could empty the gunpowder from ammo you don't want/need and combine with a pipe and a fuse for a pipe bomb.  Or heck, let us make molotov cocktails out of alcohol and a bottle.  Could be a bunch of fun stuff along these lines.