Sign in to follow this  
Arct1ccz

Timed log out so you won't get random killed

Today it has been like .... too many times I reconnected into game to resp on the beach or see "you are unconscious" sign all over my monitor. It wouldn't be so bad if just getting some decent gear wouldn't take few hours each time.

If you would be so kind DEVs I and also many players would welcome something any MMO based game has:

THE MAGICAL LOG OUT SCREEN!

How does it work you ask? ... when you click to quit the game a small message window with a countdown will be displayed with a timer to your liking ... let's say 15 secs.

After those 15 secs you will be disconnected and you char will diaper from the game ... thus you won't loose your progress due to what or who-ever and if some hilarious backstabber or hungry zombie will try to attack you before your DC you will just turn of the process ... show them who's the boss and start logging out again.

It will be crucial in next dev phase of game anyway so you better start putting it there now ... unless DayZ is planed to be game based on Trolls, random snipers and bandit companies.

• Like 1

The problem with your system is, that you can log out save in a high loot area.

The pro for the current system is, you can only log out in a save area.

All nice dude. ;)

You really need to log out in a secure position.  I have yet to be killed upon logging out because:

1) i don't combat log and

2) i don't log out in a building or anywhere near something that could have players or zombies.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

All this changes is your perception of when you log out. Your character is still in the game for the same amount of time, and doing it the way things are at the moment encourages you to find somewhere safe to do it. I personally think it's better the way it is - it means if you're going to log out with people nearby, you're a lot more likely to be punished for it.

That being said, I have no qualms with it being changed either. It's not a bad idea, just seems like a sidegrade with no real positives over the existing mechanic - but not much by way of negatives, either.

... unless DayZ is planed to be game based on Trolls, random snipers and bandit companies.

DayZ is planned to ensure player liberty of movement and action.

You limiting options only to 3. Why ? :(

Anyway, been said somewhere, go check the devs twitter, that the visible countdown might not be viable due to some interesting reasons, including balance and technical.

On the other hand I've never experienced what you say and I logged anywhere imaginable, even downtown cities. Cannot say I shared your bad luck.

Not pro your idea, mind you. I see more harm than good coming out of it, especially regarding combat loggers.

Make the decision to logoff, take the risk. All part of the game. 

ok then, let's jut die in middle of nowhere for who knows what reason ... I'll be glad to do that :)

And all you mighty players who think "that is not real at all" ... well GZ it is a game if you didn't know and games are meant to be fun not a f-ing nerve system devastator .... yet I don't see you realizing that :)

I kinda like the idea as an option, sort of like how WOW was (or probably still is, I'm no longer on Crack), you can logout now, where your body still stays in for 30 secs (Still think it should be 60), have the timed loggout, where you have to sit down (Sit, not Prone) for 30 seconds (should also be 60) but you can look around (if you do anything like get up or arm yourself you cancel the logout).  When camps and bases get implemented the logout timer should be reduced by half when you log out in, near your camp/base.

• Like 1

I log out where ever the fuck I like and I never died. You're just either careless or have a lot of bad luck.

Also the con's with your suggested system is that the timer is to short, make it a log out screen of 1 minute and It would be perfect.

Think of preparing to logout as if your character needs to sleep.

Move to a quiet spot on the map ensuring that you're not being observed. Prone surrounded by pine trees is idea.

Spend a few minutes conduction a 360 degree sweep of your surrounds so that your character's not going to get jumped the moment his/her eyes shut.

Logout knowing your game self is safe.

• Like 2

I don't see why we cant merge the current system with this.

When you hit esc a 30 sec countdown will start. If you hit esc again it will stop and your back in game.

So this way you still need to be in a safe place, but you can see what you were seeing when you hit esc.

Its basically the same as it is now only you can see whats going on.

I don't see any problem with knowing if a random player or zed is coming your way.

Even if you pick a "safe" spot you never know if a player my sprint into your location,

30 sec is plenty of time for someone to make it to where you are even if it was clear when you hit esc.

I myself don't have any issues with the current logout timer and actually kind of like it, there's always the slight "what if" when you log in, but this idea is for the people who do.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Today it has been like .... too many times I reconnected into game to resp on the beach or see "you are unconscious" sign all over my monitor. It wouldn't be so bad if just getting some decent gear wouldn't take few hours each time.

If you would be so kind DEVs I and also many players would welcome something any MMO based game has:

THE MAGICAL LOG OUT SCREEN!

How does it work you ask? ... when you click to quit the game a small message window with a countdown will be displayed with a timer to your liking ... let's say 15 secs.

After those 15 secs you will be disconnected and you char will diaper from the game ... thus you won't loose your progress due to what or who-ever and if some hilarious backstabber or hungry zombie will try to attack you before your DC you will just turn of the process ... show them who's the boss and start logging out again.

It will be crucial in next dev phase of game anyway so you better start putting it there now ... unless DayZ is planed to be game based on Trolls, random snipers and bandit companies.

The main issue of your idea is the ability of interrupting your logout process.

I really dont like current system. Need to be able to break a combat log attempt. Not just yolo kill them. I can only hope they plan on improving this in the future :)