Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

The kneecapping pandemic

yeah...life sure is tough...man when my IMAGINARY loot and my IMAGINARY GAME LIFE get taken, it sure is horrible.

sorry but if someone can't handle the idea they at any moment they can lose their gear and their character's life to anything from the elements, to someone killing them, that's not my problem.

I die a lot too, often to KoSing and banditry, sometimes just a damn firefight thats a big Cluster. don't see me getting my panties all in a wad about it.

more senseless demonizing of people playing a game a different way than you play it. Don't like it? sucks. but I'm gonna keep doing what i'm doing regardless of how much you like your monopoly money. Call me a dick, douche or asshole.

I'm just playing my role in the game is all :)

Your doing what you are allowed to do. Like a little dipshit fuck who blocks their teamates airplanes from taking off in BF3 so they get auto-killed when you run them over despite trying to go around.

Your doing what you are allowed to do. Like a little dipshit fuck who blocks their teamates airplanes from taking off in BF3 so they get auto-killed when you run them over despite trying to go around.

You really don't understand do you...

That is the logic applied from your, YOUR, dumbfuck idea of what the DayZ world is all about, where everyone has gone completely insane and is out to kill each other as quickly as possible. Other people want a bitchin zombie apocalypse with REALISTIC PVP.

You summed up what DayZ idea is about.

Surviving along with other humans, whatever their dumbfuck ideas might be.

Seriously, join a group. Learn together, Hunt them down, create yourselves a safe zone, protect the weak, go medic, go priest or Red Star guerrilla, but do yourself a favor, do something other than being a "out of character" average player.

Role playing is harder than people thing, especially with other humans with their own ideas.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

You really don't understand do you...

Of course i understand, PVP'ers are playing a computer game with as much emphasis on realistic, immersive play as they would put into space invaders.

...well yeah it kind of is. And yes there are plenty of lootable places to reach within your hunger-time from spawn. here's a few. 

Svetlojarsk

Staroye

Stary Sobor

Novy Sobor

Kamarovo

Dubky

Novoselky

SE Elektro (very commonly passed over on low - mid pop servers)

Msta

Polana

Upper Berezino (Also commonly passed over on low - mid pop servers)

The spawn location excuse is weak. There are plenty of places to go. Most of you that complain about lack of loot on populated servers either...

A: join mid - high pop servers in late server times expecting there to be loot 6 hours after a restart

or

B: Go to the same 3 damn locations every time, locations that are hot spots for looting, and complain when "OMG THurR IS NEVR ANY LEWTz HERE!"

and sometimes both. It's really not hard to find loot.

And sorry about your legs, but in the future, don't sprint up/down stairs and it more than likely won't happen. 

and I say this only because In all my hours of gameplay I have only had stair-related injuries when i've been sprinting at them. So in the future, slow down, and just be more careful :D

Few things..

1. The server I joined, I joined with friends, and there were 25 people on when we joined. Not the most high pop server

2. Most towns within proximity of Solnichny have absolutely nothing in them 3 hours after server restart... I'm certainly not the only one thinking "Hey I won't run to Berezino, but I'll go up to Staroye instead." 

3. Even if I went to a small town away from the coast, there's no guarantee I'll find a morphine or a stick.

4. Even if I did find a morphine or a stick, I shouldn't have to use it because my legs were broken by a glitch.

5. I wasn't running up/down stairs. I crouch up stairs EVERY time, because I've been playing DayZ for about year, have 300 hours clocked in SA, and I know better than to run up/down stairs. 

6. I was never complaining about HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING LOOT. Did you not read my post? I have a character with everything I could possibly need who's been alive for 2 weeks. Finding loot is not the problem.

The PROBLEM, is when your legs get broken and you have no means to heal them because you can't access 1/2 the buildings with loot in them because you can't climb up stairs, and there's no way to suicide or start over.

Now, if this NEVER happened because of a bug/glitch and ONLY happened when you were shot/hit by a zombie/jumped off something, I would totally agree with you. But considering the current state of the game, it doesn't make much sense to not have a suicide/restart option.

Besides, if I really broke my legs out in the middle of nowhere, I promise you I could find a way to suicide.. Even if it meant biting my own tongue off and bleeding out, or smashing a rock over my own head.

maybe in game where these kinds of things are common you should carry around morphine or sticks more often and be prepared for these sorts of things :)

quit asking for an easy button :P take your broken limbs like a man

This has saved me several times, Take note folks, always have at least one way of fixing it, also the sticks are great for improvised backpacks, which I am liking more and more by the day.

The PROBLEM, is when your legs get broken and you have no means to heal them because you can't access 1/2 the buildings with loot in them because you can't climb up stairs, and there's no way to suicide or start over.

Now, if this NEVER happened because of a bug/glitch and ONLY happened when you were shot/hit by a zombie/jumped off something, I would totally agree with you. But considering the current state of the game, it doesn't make much sense to not have a suicide/restart option.

Besides, if I really broke my legs out in the middle of nowhere, I promise you I could find a way to suicide.. Even if it meant biting my own tongue off and bleeding out, or smashing a rock over my own head.

pro tip:  You can vault up stairs when you have broken legs.

Having a suicide button would be abused, just as jumping from a building to 'get a better spawn point' is being abused.

... the instinct to survive is far greater than you think.  Self-preservation would kick in, you find it very difficult to bite ya own tongue off and you'd probably just knock yourself out before you did enough damage with the rock.  All you'd be doing is making your situation worse, without the guarantee of it being over.  Your brain will shun away from such an idea. 

That is the logic applied from your, YOUR, dumbfuck idea of what the DayZ world is all about, where everyone has gone completely insane and is out to kill each other as quickly as possible. Other people want a bitchin zombie apocalypse with REALISTIC PVP.

I think it's pretty damn realistic.

You don't think that a 7.62 bullet at 3000+ ft/s delivered straight into your goobermouth, causing instant death, is realistic?

Oh right, sorry. Your idea of realism is holding hands!

Thanks man! You have changed my mind, and from now on I will only shoot people who... who... LOL!

Who am I kidding?!

I am superglad that you're so mad at all this.

Of course i understand, PVP'ers are playing a computer game with as much emphasis on realistic, immersive play as they would put into space invaders.

No, they are playing the game as they wish to play, as they are able to play due to game mechanics laid down before them.  You are playing the game the way you want to play it, utilizing the very same game mechanics to suit your own brand of entertainment . The difference is, the KoS crowd couldn't care less how you play the game.  If you carebear it, then its easy pickings for em, if you fight back they get some proper action.

• Chat shit get banged

Where are you so i can come and kill you? What server?

• Chat shit get banged

Where are you so i can come and kill you? What server?

Also if you play with friends you might avoid the problems that are making you cry.

It's not a open world death match that statement was pulled from the depths of your arse.

I think it's pretty damn realistic.

You don't think that a 7.62 bullet at 3000+ ft/s delivered straight into your goobermouth, causing instant death, is realistic?

Oh right, sorry. Your idea of realism is holding hands!

Thanks man! You have changed my mind, and from now on I will only shoot people who... who... LOL!

Who am I kidding?!

I am superglad that you're so mad at all this.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, ever heard that saying? Your choice might be to off everyone at the soonest chance possible for the fun of it in an apocalypse, but it wouldn't be for hardly anyone else. It would be much more realistic to see someone in a zombie apocalypse and wave to each other with no fear at all, welcoming their help.  I WANT PVP, your confused, more PVP for survivors/"heros" who currently only kill when they manage to actually witness a murder. I just want to kill the PVP'ers, not the dudes who play the game realistically and don't shoot others, and i want it to make sense with a storyline giving reason for the KOS.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

Being crippled out in the middle of nowhere without the means to heal yourself is a very frustrating thing to happen - and should be addressed in some way by the devs, because it is a gameplay problem. You cannot just say to people, "Tough luck, go crawl somewhere and find some morphine you big girl's blouse." The number of players who will be willing to spend an hour or two of pure tedium and frustration actually doing this is very small, I'd imagine - most sensible people would rather just give up with the game altogether (or, worse, come onto this forum to rant about it and in turn be slagged off for being 'weak' by the macho dickheads who live here.), which would be a shame.

I don't like the idea of a respawn button that can be used at any time, though. Suicide is an option, and crawling towards a tall building or waiting to starve yourself unconscious is not the only way of doing it currently: off the top of my head, you can eat rotten fruit to become sick or drink disinfectant, both of which are quicker as long as you have the necessary materials - but the problem remains if some evil bastard has robbed you down to your underwear and left you restrained and crippled in the back of beyond. Perhaps there does need to be more methods for taking your own life, so the more impatient among us can give up on the situation if they choose to. Drowning? Eating poisonous plants? Attracting the attention of zombies and/or predatory animals like wolves or feral dogs?

The best solution, I feel, would be to introduce more ways to solve the problem in game, using the mechanics and the environment around you. For this to work, there needs to be more useable items more commonly spread around - so you can, for example, find wood for splints or crutches in patches of woodland, or perhaps make some kind of painkilling medication out of plants and berries? I'd also like the ability for another player to carry or drag injured people towards a safer location (or even build a stretcher?). Vehicles should help with this as well - maybe use a bicycle or an old pram as a sort-of zimmer-frame?

I don;t know what they could do in the immediate term, but those are the sorts of things I'd like to see eventually.

• Like 1

Sandbox survival zombie sim, no changes there. All op's statements were correct, most of the play styles are almost fully supported (griefing...), exept survival which is the main content of the game and which is not even fully developed yet.

So if your playing for a survival sim the game is very limited, which should'nt be a supprise to anyone. What i think is great about the game is that there is such a buzz and community developing with a very bare bones game.

Edited by Iowa23
  • Like 1

no, I don't do that, because that is being a troll in a game where clearly that isn't part of the dynamic of gameplay, and is counter productive to my team's success

However, in this game, it is a sandbox game. there are no "teams", there are no clearly defined "objectives" so to speak at the moment, and there is no winning and losing. There is Alive, and dead. I can do whatever the hell I want, and you can't call it "trolling" or "dipshit fuckery" or whatever you children are calling it these days. It's how I play. If I wasn't meant to handcuff people, steal their things, hold people up, and generally murder whoever I want, then why are there

Handcuffs

Burlap Sacks you can put over someone's head

force feed people

Guns

Buddy, i'm sorry you're butthurt because I don't play the way you do. And if you  wanna go off making wild accusations about the way I play battlefield, I'd be more than happy to private message you and show you my battle log and put those misunderstandings to rest.

Will that be all? Or do you prefer to continue to make yourself look foolish :)

Edited by DeatHTaX

On the receiving end it's usually NOT fun.

Then again, a suicide option (via gun or melee weapon, apparently) is planned and confirmed by rocket on reddit, if I remember correctly.

So you have a way out.

You simply won't have it any time soon, at least as far as we know.

Thread too long. Didn't read all of it. But here is a thought:

People complaining about broken legs are right. You should be given the ability to respawn once your leg is broken.

Why? Well, let's take away the ability to respawn when you are unconcious and see what happens.

There you are, starring at a black screen, wondering if you are ever going to wake up. The only way to get better is sit there starring at a screen waiting...

Kinda like when your leg is broken... Starring at your screen waiting...

... and i want it to make sense with a storyline giving reason for the KOS.

It's your story, come up with one!

For fuck sake...

respawn button for broken legs?? omg go play tetris and leave dayz being a survival game.

im going that far to say remove that button for unconsciousness too. if you are in RL, you even dont know too, when you´r back in town.  if you got mates with you, they can get you back with morphine/epinephrine/bandages/salinebags.

so where is the fuckin problem?

Depending where I am I adopt a number of approaches. First is if someone has shot me, I approach menacingly threatening to bit their legs off. (Please some get the reference lol)

However I mainly end up crippled through desynch or a glitch. In which case find some rotten fruit or disinfectant and down them! Once done I usually crawl round looking for sticks and charcoal on the off chance I may get lucky! Or crawl for a zombie! After all might as well feed the natives!

Finally if I'm close to a high building time to suicide off it! On a side not, broken leg means you can't walk, and so far I've not managed to crawl up stairs. However I can climb a ladder. Logical =P (And before someone says it's possible I know, I just meant it would also be possible to drag your ass up some stairs with a broken leg)

I like to stand up and then "V" mantle/climb/hop around like an idiot. It's like a move out of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

So ya if you get shot you go cripple, so gee big surprise thats what edit* EVERYONE WITH A GUN WHO KNOWS ABOUT HOW TO KNEE CAP are doing now just capping bambis SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME YAAAY

I could go around doing the same thing, but unfortunately doing it once or twice actually makes me feel like a bag of dicks so it gets boring fast and since everyone else does it, its not even worth playing the game if you aren't interested in being a griefing jack off, hopefully they allow us to respawn if cripple (LIKE IN THE MOD), but until then playing is just boring, as it becomes more and more of a grief sim than walking sim and survival sim combined.

Im pretty sure thats why people like dayz in the first place, so they can shaft people and laugh at their victims to get off, but for people like me who come in hoping for a survival sim not...whatever it is currently IDK just messed up, they should at least advertise the game as what it is and will most likely stay and not BS people by calling it a survival sim.

Walking sim- makes sense its what you do 70-90% of the time

Open world shooter- sure since thats what it is

Large area deathmatch- same as above

YOLO sim- yep people say FUKITOL and run around without a care

Camping sim- sure why not the game encourages that people stay at one spot for 30 minutes to an hour in order to get a kill

Survival sim- No, nothing at all in this game encourages you to survive its an open world deathmatch game, so hopefully the people making the game cater to that crowd or they make it clear they are not in that crowd cause right now it looks like they are trying to call dayz a survival game like the mod did, and the mod never really changed from a open world death match so I don't see why they dont just label the game OPEN WORLD DEATHMATCH.

OP's Bambi tears are juicy and delicious

I lurv this game, even when i get knee-capped and it fucking sucks ass. If you listen carefully you can hear me screaming profanities in vicinity, or maybe rapping the themesong from Fresh Prince of Bel Air to attract someone to mercy kill me. But if you hear a Ah-nold voice, you gonna die.

Thread too long. Didn't read all of it. But here is a thought:

People complaining about broken legs are right. You should be given the ability to respawn once your leg is broken.

Why? Well, let's take away the ability to respawn when you are unconcious and see what happens.

There you are, starring at a black screen, wondering if you are ever going to wake up. The only way to get better is sit there starring at a screen waiting...

Kinda like when your leg is broken... Starring at your screen waiting...

I wholeheartedly support this.

PLEASE do disable respawning on unconsciousness!

Respawn should ONLY be a valid option on DEATH.

Darn it

And I was stupid to shoot to kill every time I was camping between kamyshovo and electro, well it's seems like I found and new purpose in my life. On the other I am General Zod and it can only end one way. 

Having a suicide button would be abused, just as jumping from a building to 'get a better spawn point' is being abused.

Sorry completely off topic, but this reminded me off something. Was at the construction site by Berenzo once, on the 2nd floor (Least I think it was, I forget how many floors there are) When I saw someone plummet past. Next thing I know, I'm shot back cus of desynch, and I hear something above me. So I run to the edge again and starting swinging my Axe out. Next thing ya know, someone drops past, Axe to their head stopping their suicide, all I know? Free rags!