Sign in to follow this  
QUAZIMOFO

Please add a mall to the game somewhere

It would be awesome to add in a huge shopping complex somewhere as an homage to Dawn of the Dead, one of my favorite zombie flicks.

DOTD-III.jpg

Dawn-of-the-Dead-Zombies.jpg

499028-dead1_super.jpg

• Like 7

I can't wait for motorcycles so I can start my biker gang ala Dawn. :)

[EDIT: I just remember there was a mall-esque building on...a different map. Epoch I want to say...but I may or may not be mistaken]

[EDIT 2: It was Taviana. I can't find decent pics, but it was a two story mall. Surely someone knows what I'm on about.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

OMG yes!

PLEASE!

I will finally be able to grand finale my character into the Unabomber he has always wanted to be!

I just wish the environment was more "Run-down" instead of as if everyone disappeared..

Just like this mall, it'd be amazing to see in the future.

abandoned_mall_by_raybender.jpg

• Like 1

Not a mall. What they need is a massive city (bigger than Sabina in Taviana, if anyone from the mod is here reading) In the middle of the map, or around that area at least. And of course, it needs to have a mall.

Not a mall. What they need is a massive city (bigger than Sabina in Taviana, if anyone from the mod is here reading) In the middle of the map, or around that area at least. And of course, it needs to have a mall.

I don't think so. I believe zombies wouldn't be so dispersed if there'd be a very large town. Which would leave to other towns being little to no zombies around. (This doesn't include open fields)

It's fine as is :)

A massive sprawling urban city.

It would murder our computers, but be cool as all fucks ever.

• Like 2

Why would it murder our computers?  Doesn't the server do most of the work?  I thought that was the whole point

I can't wait for motorcycles so I can start my biker gang ala Dawn. :)

[EDIT: I just remember there was a mall-esque building on...a different map. Epoch I want to say...but I may or may not be mistaken]

[EDIT 2: It was Taviana. I can't find decent pics, but it was a two story mall. Surely someone knows what I'm on about.]

Sounds like you've been playing on too many 1,000+ vehicle DayZ mod servers. I hope your gang don't mind sharing a bike. :D

• Like 1

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSST EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS AAAAANd bye these LOVELY sun glasses!

Edited by Jfiles

Mall would be cool, would be open to a proper supermarket as well a decent sized one with normal shelves you couldn't see over.

Mall would be cool, would be open to a proper supermarket as well a decent sized one with normal shelves you couldn't see over.

Except in third person  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sounds like you've been playing on too many 1,000+ vehicle DayZ mod servers. I hope your gang don't mind sharing a bike. :D

Now I want sidecars!

[sidenote: I took a break when everyone and their brother started releasing modded versions of the mod :P]

[other sidenote: did ofp:resistance have sidecars? I remember motorcycles being introduced and I want to say there were sidecars...but I can't remember for the life of me.]

Now I want sidecars!

[sidenote: I took a break when everyone and their brother started releasing modded versions of the mod :P]

[other sidenote: did ofp:resistance have sidecars? I remember motorcycles being introduced and I want to say there were sidecars...but I can't remember for the life of me.]

A motorcycle with a sidecar would actually be pretty epic.

Edited by Mos1ey

I couldn't find a pic of one with a sidecar, however! Invasion 1944 has the BMW motorcycle with or without a sidecar.

AND a mounted MG34.

[sorry, we're going off topic.]

Hell yeah. A mall large enough to drive a motorcycle through. If possible a tweaked sound system so we could hear the roaring echo.

In the 'Dawn' commentary they mention how epicly loud it was whilst filming that scene.

EDIT: Bad ass...(MG42 mount)

BMW_R75_-_116_Pz_Div_-_JPG2.jpg

ok this time I'm done for real

Edited by Rhodes

I always enjoyed the comic book red they used for the 'blood'. Actually one of the reasons I prefer 'Day' is because of the more 'realistic' make up effects. I actually have a book by Tom Savini where he details his tricks of the trade. It's called Bizarro, it's pretty good.

Sidenote: I wrote a fan fiction story based on the chopper wreck west of the wrecked cargo ship. It's basically a giant homage to 'Dawn'

I could go on for ages about this stuff. Quit luring me back here! :P

Agreed. I'd love to see an urban map in the future, computers be damned. There's something about a decayed cityscape and the differences in trying to survive in that particular environment that really appeals to me. Edited by louist