Gad Gamer

I Finally See

Since we were also on the subject of sledgehammers being a more effective weapon heres a song just for you......

its damn bordering on a short sword ( i know not really but why is 20 to 30 inches added going to make it so much less effective....

That 20-30 inches is completely unnecessary. If you haven't stabbed everything you need to stab in the first 4 inches, why put more steel through them?  A 12 inch blade is the perfect length for a survival knife. You can stab with it, you can chop with it, and you can slash with it. With a Bowie-style blade, with it's forward heavy point, you can sever some pretty thick stuff, without requiring some stupid special draw. Plus, it is thick enough to take serious abuse, and the edge is hard enough to break shit steel knife blades over (I've done it, in my Boy Scout Troop. Kid was not happy : P)

That Bowie would be on my pack for mainly survival purposes. My main CQC weapon, suspended from my belt, would be a carpenters hammer.

As for whether I am proud to be the only country to use nuclear weapons: Yes, actually. Using them prevented hundreds of thousands of death, on both sides, as well as pretty much preventing them from ever being used again in today's age. I am willing to bet that a nuclear weapons will NEVER be used (by a nation state. Terror organizations are up for grabs) due to the horrible precedent we set 70 years ago. A price well paid, in all honesty.

As for the duel, did you not read above where I would refuse to face you in a "fair" fight? If your fight is fair, you've already lost. As a soldier, you should know that. You do everything in your power to make the fight as unfair as possible. I wouldn't expect you to stand in the middle of the street and challenge zombies to an honorable duel. Don't expect me to do the same. 

I tip my hat to you sir you have won there is no argueing those facts beanz you have my beanz.

Have never been used in battle but do/did exist. The Special Atomic Demolition Munition (SADM) was a family of man-portable nuclear weapons fielded by the US military in the 1960s, but never used in actual combat. In the 1950s and 1960s, the United States developed several different types of lightweight nuclear device. The smallest of these was the W54 warhead, which had a 10.75 inch diameter (270 mm), was about 15.7 inches long (400 mm), and weighed approximately 23 kg (50 lbs). It was fired by a mechanical timer and had a variable yield equivalent to between 10 tons and 1 kiloton of TNT. The W54 nuclear device was used in the Davy Crockett Weapon System.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about those : P They were deemed completely impracticable though, due to the blast range being far larger than the effective range of the launcher : D

Have never been used in battle but do/did exist. The Special Atomic Demolition Munition (SADM) was a family of man-portable nuclear weapons fielded by the US military in the 1960s, but never used in actual combat. In the 1950s and 1960s, the United States developed several different types of lightweight nuclear device. The smallest of these was the W54 warhead, which had a 10.75 inch diameter (270 mm), was about 15.7 inches long (400 mm), and weighed approximately 23 kg (50 lbs). It was fired by a mechanical timer and had a variable yield equivalent to between 10 tons and 1 kiloton of TNT. The W54 nuclear device was used in the Davy Crockett Weapon System.

As far as my memory goes those systems were never implemented because there was no safe way for it to be deployed without killing the crew deploying it.

The idea of a 'tactical' nuke is a misnomer and applys to a nuke that can be deployed by something other than a missile. If you needed something 'Tactical" you going to use conventional ordnance. If you want to level an entire city, blind people for 3 miles, and poison the area for hundreds of years you use a nuke. Dont let the term tactical confuse you.

Edit: Why is this in this thread its been completely derailed. You should make another post or go into PM's :P

Edited by Judopunch

As far as my memory goes those systems were never implemented because there was no safe way for it to be deployed without killing the crew deploying it.

The idea of a 'tactical' nuke is a misnomer and applys to a nuke that can be deployed by something other than a missile. If you needed something 'Tactical" you going to use conventional ordnance. If you want to level an entire city, blind people for 3 miles, and poison the area for hundreds of years you use a nuke. Dont let the term tactical confuse you.

Edit: Why is this in this thread its been completely derailed. You should make another post or go into PM's :P

LMAO i only mentioned one thing about melee and this thread just blew up to hell! XD

Im laughing so hard im almost crying. X'D

Sadly enough, the lives of those deploying it are expendable in that situation and don't fool yourself, there are/have been plenty of people in positions to expand on that technology. Not used doesn't mean that is not available. 

My apologies for this going WAYYYY off track of the original thread......aint forums grand :D

LMAO i only mentioned one thing about melee and this thread just blew up to hell! XD

Im laughing so hard im almost crying. X'D

LOL my fault after leaving the army i took to may forms of hand to hand combat and yes even some weapons based ones so passionate about the idea... In a fair fight i feel something is better than another but as pointed out who wants a fair fight when your life is on the line.... Specially in Dayz  lol

Hey if i atleast gave you a laugh thats alright though isnt it .

I finally see what a good majority of the community has to deal with one a time to time basis. Here is a little back story. I've played DayZ since the early mod, back then people would still KOS but with some sort of agenda or just to kill everyone in a town or wipe out a group. This video was of me getting on SA after a few weeks of not playing. Trolls are a fact of life in DayZ but I would still like to show you all this. If you have any videos like this or a story I'm curious.  Normally I've shrugged off trolls but this is blatant stupidity on levels I cant understand even for trolls. ughhh...... with that said loving SA and will continue to play ( but seriously, screw these types or players) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPg8Wer-yEw&feature=youtu.be

Are you referring to your own blatant stupidity or the stupidity of the guy trying to shoot you? I won't explain further, shouldn't be too hard to figure out for a "veteran". Lol

• Like 3

should have just punched him in the face, took his gun and ended him, picking up the extinguisher was a mistake.

• Like 1

Dont go to electro?

There are about 7 citys on the coast. There are 2 airfields, and about 3 military bases. If you stay in these spots you will be shot, raped, mugged, abused, poisoned, or any number of other things.

There are over 20 citys that are not these places.

Quit complaining about going to THE MOST HEAVILY CAMPED areas IN THE GAME and getting shot for it. If thats not ok with you, get some friends, get some guns, man up, and regulate that shit. But quit QQing about it. Do something or avoid the situation.

I know electro is a shit storm, and yes I could have ran to the other firehouse for a mosin or pistol. the point of the post was to share the immaturity on a single instance I was hoping for community feed back but I got a long winded thread on the discussion of weapons and katanas instead of stories or videos like this. Sorry if it came across as bitching.  Honestly I'm glad you at least responded to the post in a structured way instead of changing the topic comepletly. 

Are you referring to your own blatant stupidity or the stupidity of the guy trying to shoot you? I won't explain further, shouldn't be too hard to figure out for a "veteran". Lol

I know my actions in the video were stupid, normally I would have had a better plan then what I did, I was killed once before and came back wanting to talk to him to see what he had to say. Never claimed to be a veteran or knowledgeable with DayZ. Like I said to one other thank you for a real response to the video even if you disagree with it.

• Like 1

I know electro is a shit storm, and yes I could have ran to the other firehouse for a mosin or pistol. the point of the post was to share the immaturity on a single instance I was hoping for community feed back but I got a long winded thread on the discussion of weapons and katanas instead of stories or videos like this. Sorry if it came across as bitching.  Honestly I'm glad you at least responded to the post in a structured way instead of changing the topic comepletly. 

I dont understand. Your way of dealing with immaturity is to chase him around with a fire extinguisher, give him an audience, and attention? He thinks hes hilarious hes just looking for someone to troll and talk shit to. Unarmed players make ripe targets. I mean, kids talk shit on the internet.

I ran into some kid, that was threatening my unarmed friend. I stepped out of the bush and said, " You misunderstand your situation, you need to run. You need to run and not stop right now. " He looks at me, looks at my friend and say "No, lets make a deal ..." I filled him full of holes. I didnt have time for his bullshit. I think thats how you deal with it, dont play their game.

I dont understand. Your way of dealing with immaturity is to chase him around with a fire extinguisher, give him an audience, and attention? He thinks hes hilarious hes just looking for someone to troll and talk shit to. Unarmed players make ripe targets. I mean, kids talk shit on the internet.

I ran into some kid, that was threatening my unarmed friend. I stepped out of the bush and said, " You misunderstand your situation, you need to run. You need to run and not stop right now. " He looks at me, looks at my friend and say "No, lets make a deal ..." I filled him full of holes. I didnt have time for his bullshit. I think thats how you deal with it, dont play their game.

My reasoning with chasing him was to get him to talk for as long as possible, if I would have tried to hide in a corner he would have possibly shot and killed me. If anything have him make an ass of himself to put on the utubez, but really I posted this to share what I considered the worst experience I have had in awhile and get a general feel if this sort of behavior is prevalent. Not to sound hipster but when DayZ was a mod it (Usually) had better players then this,  with the game selling over 1mil and it getting more coverage I was wondering if these were the type of people be attracted to the game.

My reasoning with chasing him was to get him to talk for as long as possible, if I would have tried to hide in a corner he would have possibly shot and killed me. If anything have him make an ass of himself to put on the utubez, but really I posted this to share what I considered the worst experience I have had in awhile and get a general feel if this sort of behavior is prevalent. Not to sound hipster but when DayZ was a mod it (Usually) had better players then this,  with the game selling over 1mil and it getting more coverage I was wondering if these were the type of people be attracted to the game.

Well thats the problem is you really dont know what to expect especially with it having a larger player base now. Especially since allot of younger kids see it as another run and gun Doom shooter. But you will still find players like me willing to interact and stuff rather than make an ass out of ourselves. However if you come up to me without saying anything i would still blow you away knowing you are still a high threat with fist especially if you dont interact in a normal way.

Would love to see some more exotic melee weapons, but if we're getting katanas, why not a Nordic type sword as well? Or even a Roman one. Both might concievably be found in private collections, as functioning and high quality replicas, and both would probably be much more useful against zombies than a katana.

Nitpick: A katana isn't folded "thousands of times", it's folded a few times, creating thousands of layers, at least in theory. Does that make it a better sword than your average European arming sword? Nope, but it does make it prettier :). 

One final post for the night, Would like to thank you all and the community for even taking a glance at this thread or the video. I hope none of you will ever act as he did and continue to forge a path in the great game, you all have my beans for all eternity :beans:  (even those of you who only talked about katanas for 3 pages) look forward to more posts tomorrow morning.  :D  :D  :D

One final post for the night, Would like to thank you all and the community for even taking a glance at this thread or the video. I hope none of you will ever act as he did and continue to forge a path in the great game, you all have my beans for all eternity :beans:  (even those of you who only talked about katanas for 3 pages) look forward to more posts tomorrow morning.  :D  :D  :D

LEAVE IT TO ME TO DERAIL YOUR VALID THREAD! 8D

Absolutely 100% incorrect.

Do you want to know what was the most common weapon most widely used (worldwide, not just in Europe) on the ancient battlefield (Classical all the way to the 1600's)? The goddamned spear. EVERYONE used a spear, even the knights/knightly equivalent. The sword was the sidearm. And, from roughly the 1400s onward, the sword wasn't even used in combat! Want to hazard a guess as to what was? A FUCKING HAMMER/MACE

Seriously, just take a look:

Romans- Hasta/Pilum Thrusting spear/javelin

Vikings: Spears everywhere in this bitch, before swords and axes

Every medieval army: again, spears. Like a giant spiky wall of death

Japan: Ashigaro levies? spears

EVERYWHERE: GODDAMN SPEARS

You know what? I want a spear in Day Z. 7 foot long shaft, with a 1 foot blade. I would be indestructible.

Yep, make Crafting with  Sticks + Tape + Bayonet / Knifes

We have a spear !!!!

Would break on first thrust for sure in reality, but yeah :) it is a game, so why not :)

And add police Riot Shields and can go full shieldwall and get slauthered by a hail of bullets.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Yep, make Crafting with  Sticks + Tape + Bayonet / Knifes

We have a spear !!!!

Would break on first thrust for sure in reality, but yeah :) it is a game, so why not :)

And add police Riot Shields and can go full shieldwall and get slauthered by a hail of bullets.

Dude not if its a ballistic Riot shield.

I finally see what a good majority of the community has to deal with one a time to time basis. Here is a little back story. I've played DayZ since the early mod, back then people would still KOS but with some sort of agenda or just to kill everyone in a town or wipe out a group. This video was of me getting on SA after a few weeks of not playing. Trolls are a fact of life in DayZ but I would still like to show you all this. If you have any videos like this or a story I'm curious.  Normally I've shrugged off trolls but this is blatant stupidity on levels I cant understand even for trolls. ughhh...... with that said loving SA and will continue to play ( but seriously, screw these types or players) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPg8Wer-yEw&feature=youtu.be

Frankly, you were the one who made the mistake.

If you're unarmed and outnumbered you shouldn't be attempting friendly communication with anyone that has a gun without watching them first to see if they are sketchy. Observation and patience is a big part of DayZ, as is never knowing who you can trust. I'm so sick of these "q.q I exposed myself, so I got shot q.q" threads, before I get too frustrated let me reiterate my point:

Being "friendly" and having any measure of success at it requires that you protect yourself and communicate without exposing yourself to unnecessary risks. Sometimes that means only communicating when you have the advantage (This could be a superior position, strength of force, superior weapons, ect.) or at the very least, an escape route. Make your own personal rules of engagement. Follow them. Simple.

Are you new to zombie fiction? Almost every time one group meets another in media (Comics, movies, series ect.) there are casualties or at least that tension of everyone pointing their guns at each other. Humans cannot and will not get along. You make them compete for resources? Expect blood. If you want the social dynamics to improve all you can do is wait for it.  Social dynamics will get more complex when the game has more features, more for us to do than point our guns at each other. When zombies become a threat, when the weather becomes a threat, when we have multiplicative risks to stack atop one another.

Edited by Rudette

Dude not if its a ballistic Riot shield.

A bullet will go through. Especially military issued ammunition... Like butter.

Frankly, you were the one who made the mistake.

If you're unarmed and outnumbered you shouldn't be attempting friendly communication with anyone that has a gun without watching them first to see if they are sketchy. Observation and patience is a big part of DayZ, as is never knowing who you can trust. I'm so sick of these "q.q I exposed myself, so I got shot q.q" threads, before I get too frustrated let me reiterate my point:

Being "friendly" and having any measure of success at it requires that you protect yourself and communicate without exposing yourself to unnecessary risks. Sometimes that means only communicating when you have the advantage (This could be a superior position, strength of force, superior weapons, ect.) or at the very least, an escape route. Make your own personal rules of engagement. Follow them. Simple.

Are you new to zombie fiction? Almost every time one group meets another in media (Comics, movies, series ect.) there are casualties or at least that tension of everyone pointing their guns at each other. Humans cannot and will not get along. You make them compete for resources? Expect blood. If you want the game to get better all you can do is wait for it.  Social dynamics will get more complex when the game has more features, more for us to do than point our guns at each other. When zombies become a threat, when the weather becomes a threat, when we have multiplicative risks to stack atop one another.

was wanting to talk to him and see why he would do what he does, i was killed by him with nothing just before and was lucky enough get a spawn right there, don't count this as me playing normally, I wanted to talk and see what he would do, If I wasn't a fresh spawn I would have played that out much diffrently

was wanting to talk to him and see why he would do what he does, i was killed by him with nothing just before and was lucky enough get a spawn right there, don't count this as me playing normally, I wanted to talk and see what he would do, If I wasn't a fresh spawn I would have played that out much diffrently

Ah! alright. I get you.