Sign in to follow this  
KaiDekA

KOS WTF?

So, how many times am I going to let someone KOS before I start shooting back?

I keep promising myself that I won't become one of these people but the more it happens the closer I am to thinking that perhaps there aren't actually many friendly people left.

I understand the game is about survival so to increase your chances an obvious move would be to take out other players. But guys can we not have some fun with it first? if you are going to kill me anyway at least degrade me first I mean where is the fun in just pulling a trigger? you have battlefield and Cod for that stuff. 

So if anyone is in a server with me (KaiDekA) and they happen to bump into me you have 2 options. Either become friendly as I usually am, unless I have had a pretty horrific night on the Z or option 2 do your worst but be creative. Make me strip, force feed me bleach, handcuff me and just swear at me Whatever it is make it a little more entertaining than just shooting me in the back. 

A special message to the people who I have bumped into a few times, the people who claim to be friendly and then just Kill you afterwards, nice one you have officially failed at life and I hope that you find happiness in your actions.

Oh and to the very few friendly and quite frankly hilarious people I have met while playing YOU HAVE MY BEANS

• Like 8

Run around with no weapon, and MAYBE then I will consider not KoSing. Till then, enjoy your walk back to Electro. 

I agree with you. Unfortunately, holding someone up is quite a bit more dangerous than being a coward and shooting someone in the back. So, all the newbs will just shoot on sight.

If you're having problems with getting shot, only try to contact people without long range weapons. If you see someone with a gun it's never a bad idea to back away and leave him be. I know the frustration of getting KoS but that's the spirit of the game, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. I never blame people who shoot me, I always blame myself for getting shot, it's the easy way trust me, learn from your mistakes. Also one last tip, don't let anyone handcuff you, have some dignity and never let anyone win without a fight!

I hope you have better experiences with the game in the future.

• Like 1

It's cool to be friendly.

It's not cool to be easy.

You're a lot easier to kill, when you're standing still, hoping that raising your hand will make you immune to damage.

I'm pretty much a noob and the only way I'll shoot you on sight is if you surprise me and I panic, or if I have the drop on you and tell you to put your hands up and you reach for your weapon. Even if you bolt I won't shoot you, as long as you don't try anything funny and are just running away.

If you're a nice guy and respond and don't get offended when I point my weapon at you for a few minutes until I can establish some trust, then we'll get along fine. ;)

• Like 2

Run around with no weapon, and MAYBE then I will consider not KoSing. Till then, enjoy your walk back to Electro. 

Nah man, if you are not on the coast I don't care if you have nothing. Your dead either way

• Like 1

The game is a giant deathmatch unfortunately. Your only option is to murder everyone and everything in sight. It's why I go onto the low pop servers, and stay away from civilization. Mankind be damned.

Nah man, if you are not on the coast I don't care if you have nothing. Your dead either way

Except that I do not care where, when, who, what or how.

If you enter my sightline, its your life or mine, here and now.

Make your choice.

Do I care for your need to have a "validated" death? Nope!

The only thing I care about at that exact moment in time, is SOMEBODY getting their face in the dirt INSTANTLY.

I have played the mod for a long time and have already logged in 250+ hours in the SA. I have played the hero, the bandit and anything in between.

Two days ago I dressed up in clothes that looked like the old hero skin from the mod. White and black checkered shirt, blue jeans, black tactical vest and beige baseball cap. I had a hunting backpack with my revolver, axe and sawed-off shotty and I didn't wear any primary weapon on my back.

Then I walked (yes I walked, no running) for 8 hours on the main roads out in the open, going through all major cities from south to north on maxed servers (35+ players). I used direct chat before entering houses, letting people know i was unarmed and coming in.

I met more than 15 people some alone some in groups and most of them armed to the teeth, and i didn't get shot at once. Most of the time I spotted people before they saw me even though I wasn't hiding (you won't believe how hard human eyes pick up slow moving targets when they themselves are running) and started chatting to them assuring them i wasn't a threat. Nobody was caught off-guard by me as i was out in the open, so nobody got startled and shot me as a reaction.

The next day I did it again with a friend and we didn't get shot at one time. Might be luck, might be my voice or it might be the fact that i didn't pose a threat.

I suggest you try it out, it was really fun and i made a ton of friends (some even laughed a bit and asked why i was walking hehe).

• Like 4

If you're having problems with getting shot, only try to contact people without long range weapons. If you see someone with a gun it's never a bad idea to back away and leave him be. I know the frustration of getting KoS but that's the spirit of the game, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. I never blame people who shoot me, I always blame myself for getting shot, it's the easy way trust me, learn from your mistakes. Also one last tip, don't let anyone handcuff you, have some dignity and never let anyone win without a fight!

I hope you have better experiences with the game in the future.

I'm pretty much a noob and the only way I'll shoot you on sight is if you surprise me and I panic, or if I have the drop on you and tell you to put your hands up and you reach for your weapon. Even if you bolt I won't shoot you, as long as you don't try anything funny and are just running away.

If you're a nice guy and respond and don't get offended when I point my weapon at you for a few minutes until I can establish some trust, then we'll get along fine. ;)

Pretty much all of this. Im normally a nice guy but iv had some BAD BAD run ins with ppl getting to close to me so if some one sneaks up on me unannounced you can be damn sure im going to react faster than you can with a gun first.

2 times i shot ppl dead because of this. Once in Electro on the big hill near the fire station and plant combo with gate and again same place but inside on the very top of that fire station today watching my buddies back running up the hill, i had some guy walk up the steps next to me. Im normally a friendly guy but in hostile zones and ppl creep up close without talking its red flags all around for me.

The game is a giant deathmatch unfortunately. Your only option is to murder everyone and everything in sight. It's why I go onto the low pop servers, and stay away from civilization. Mankind be damned.

No just dont sneak up on some ppl and you will be fine with me is a space issue but with others its a kill on sight. It still dosnt hurt ppl to talk if there not sure.

Oh god cant wait for rocket to start turning down weapon and ammo spawns its going to be funny to see what the pure KOS players do when they have troubles finding all the guns and ammo. Hell they may have to interact (more likely go on suicide runs with fists melee or any improvised weapon they can but hey even that gives you a chance to talk to them before you or them go...

This is from a person who doesnt die often or easily my current life is 40 hours strong and going ( hey could die instantly next log in) i am a stalker spot you watch you see what you do engage convo from behind you and i got to say the amount of guys who just auto try turn to shoot funny really funny hell you might live more and KILL me more if you were smart enough to string a few words together...

Pretty much all of this. Im normally a nice guy but iv had some BAD BAD run ins with ppl getting to close to me so if some one sneaks up on me unannounced you can be damn sure im going to react faster than you can with a gun first.

2 times i shot ppl dead because of this. Once in Electro on the big hill near the fire station and plant combo with gate and again same place but inside on the very top of that fire station today watching my buddies back running up the hill, i had some guy walk up the steps next to me. Im normally a friendly guy but in hostile zones and ppl creep up close without talking its red flags all around for me.

No just dont sneak up on some ppl and you will be fine with me is a space issue but with others its a kill on sight. It still dosnt hurt ppl to talk if there not sure.

Doesn't matter. Lately it's "You're in my sight!" BANG! Sneaking or not, if you don't shoot first, you're dead.

Doesn't matter. Lately it's "You're in my sight!" BANG! Sneaking or not, if you don't shoot first, you're dead.

I disagree it all depends on the player and there reaction/movements. If at all i know its a buzz kill just stay away from most ppl when you can thats why i use camo. Not to be a bandit but to survive.

If the person is willing to talk to you it can go ether way but so fare its been mostly friendly encounters on those parts.

KoS will always be part of the game, it's just something you have to accept. Running in a group makes this less of a problem sure (OR at least avenges your death) but you have to accept it.

I've had this happen a few times to me, and I'm only angry about 2 of those occasions. 1 Was a guy being attacked by zombies (Was in a city). I'd heard and saw him down one with a gunshot, but as he then put his gun away and drew his axe, I assumed (Wrongly) he was out of ammo. So I stepped in ( Not even geared well, only weapon I had was a baseball bat) And helped deal with the group. I then proceeded to back away, putting away said bat, only to see him draw his gun and shoot me.

The second time was an unarmed player, who upon seeing me, raised his fists and ran at me, to which I drew a shovel (Only weapon at the time). He stopped, and I backed off, moved on a little bit. A few moments later, I see said player again, with a friend carrying a gun. I raised my hands only to be shot. Now probably the guy wanted my shovel ( Good luck with it, was the only weapon I had found and was badly damaged), but still, this annoyed me.

There have been other occasions when I've been shot and I laugh about due to my own fault. Like seeing what I thought was a zombie in front of the building I wanted to go in, so I ran at it Axe raised. Only at the last moment did I realise it was a person with a gun. Who put me down.

So like I said, unless it really pisses you off for a reasonable reason, just laugh it off, respawn, gear up and have fun in this apocalypse =)

KoS will always be part of the game, it's just something you have to accept. Running in a group makes this less of a problem sure (OR at least avenges your death) but you have to accept it.

I've had this happen a few times to me, and I'm only angry about 2 of those occasions. 1 Was a guy being attacked by zombies (Was in a city). I'd heard and saw him down one with a gunshot, but as he then put his gun away and drew his axe, I assumed (Wrongly) he was out of ammo. So I stepped in ( Not even geared well, only weapon I had was a baseball bat) And helped deal with the group. I then proceeded to back away, putting away said bat, only to see him draw his gun and shoot me.

The second time was an unarmed player, who upon seeing me, raised his fists and ran at me, to which I drew a shovel (Only weapon at the time). He stopped, and I backed off, moved on a little bit. A few moments later, I see said player again, with a friend carrying a gun. I raised my hands only to be shot. Now probably the guy wanted my shovel ( Good luck with it, was the only weapon I had found and was badly damaged), but still, this annoyed me.

There have been other occasions when I've been shot and I laugh about due to my own fault. Like seeing what I thought was a zombie in front of the building I wanted to go in, so I ran at it Axe raised. Only at the last moment did I realise it was a person with a gun. Who put me down.

So like I said, unless it really pisses you off for a reasonable reason, just laugh it off, respawn, gear up and have fun in this apocalypse =)

And when you do meet ppl that are willing to talk and play the game in a more creative way those are more golden moments i think.

And when you do meet ppl that are willing to talk and play the game in a more creative way those are more golden moments i think.

Oh I agree completely. I may be misreading what you wrote, all I meant is that you gotta laugh about those times when you get killed due to your own fault. I only mentioned the two times that angered me to emphasise that for both of them, (Even with only around 40 hours of play) I have around 10 more that just make me laugh.

Another one I had was in the NWAF, someone was prone in the grass and I hadn't noticed them. Well I ended up stood more or less on them when all I hear is " Dude, your kinda stood on me" To which I went wahhhhhh and panicked, drawing my weapon, to get shot down by them. Couldn't blame them, and I laughed about it. I only wish I'd kept my calm.

Where were you?, What was your equipment?

Could you please clarify who this was aimed at? Sorry might sound funny of me, but I'm sure there are a few people who are unsure if this is aimed at them or what.

KOs will always be part of the game but many complain about it but then do it themselves... Make a stand if your against it try to make contact (again stalking helps this greatly its a usefull survival skill) make contact from a position of advantage and engage convo.. Be firm but not aggressive dont tell them to drop there gun as many reluctant as server restart cleans it away tell them to shoulder it.

Stay talking to there back they soon realize hey he aint robbing me he aint cuffing draining my blood and feeding me rotten food he could have shot me.. Once that kicks in  a little trust ( and i mean A LITTLE) get better at reading people but dont hesitate to kill them if ANYTHING seems suss.

Long pauses in them talking shoot them ( most likely on team speak communicating with others)  they keeping moving even only small bits shoot( they are either trying to position for a break away or a attack from cover or are just plain nervous a nervous animal is dangerous( at this point of convo they should no longer be nervous they know your not robbing killing or degrading them.

From there make your choices let go try trade live or die by your choices... You might find it more fun than click click yeah killed him and trust me it will still end with you killing a fair few people maybe you wont like it is it a hard way to play yes.. But if more people tried it tthis way survivours would group together a little more and the wheunis style players of the game would have a much MUCH harder time why cause when you get friendly you make friends eventually and heck one day you do as in the mod get a large group together and take back the major cities make them semi safe zones even if only for a few hours. PVP on that scale good vs evil is about as much fun as it can get  but thats just IMHO

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 2

I agree with everything SoulFirez just said, though I'd like to add something. You always have the option of restraining them (If you have handcuffs and are sure they don' have backup).

On a side note I just remembered, I encountered a Bambi the other day who caused me no harm, and went on his own way. However, he didn't see the zombie come from now where and go to attack him which I shot at (was at the town north of Elektro, I forget the name) who then went serpentine.

Sorry for scaring you if you read this, you were gone before I could assure you you were safe.

I play the Hero route. Always just stopping people and asking them if they need anything.

I do not mind honorable bandits, but there are few and far between it would seem these days. I like to watch / stalk them until they do a bad deed.. Then I will step in and kill them. I have been killed by the person being held up that I have just rescued, but that is DayZ for you :)

I play the Hero route. Always just stopping people and asking them if they need anything.

I do not mind honorable bandits, but there are few and far between it would seem these days. I like to watch / stalk them until they do a bad deed.. Then I will step in and kill them. I have been killed by the person being held up that I have just rescued, but that is DayZ for you :)

And to think...

If it werent for bad guys like me, your playstyle wouldnt even exist!

• Like 1