crazykage

Have you/have you not seen a hacker?

Have you seen a hacker before?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen a hacker before (minimum of 24 hours of gameplay required)

• YES. No quetioning it. No doubt. It WAS a hacker.
    • NO. I have not encountered a hacker to date.
    • MAYBE. It possible, but i cant be sure.

I don't know if I have really have seen a hacker...

because I just call hacks on everyone that kills me

I have played over 150 hours of Dayz, and I MAY  have only witnessed 1 hacker. I think hacking, at the moment, is not a major issue at the moment. 

just gonna point out that the sites where people get these hacks will also gift you a copy of dayz or any game they have hacks for, for about 6 bucks

No.

I've been playing since release day and to this date I have not once seen a hacker, or die at the hands of a hacker. 

I've been teleported on and axed to death on a server with about 6 - 8 people on it.  I was in the middle of f***ing nowhere... All you got to do is go to youtube to see if there are hacks...

A game like this can hide hackers much better than some other contemporary FPS. Hear a shot, you're dead. Could have been a hacker, or a perfectly legitimate snipe. You'll never know.

just gonna point out that the sites where people get these hacks will also gift you a copy of dayz or any game they have hacks for, for about 6 bucks

BS

How do they get dayz for $6 when the price is 30

Remember, no more stolen keys like it was in the mod. You have to pay full price..

Not sure. I've had one suspicious death at the construction site north of Lopatino. I heard someone hit me with an axe. My legs broke and I quickly checked my surroundings. I didn't see anyone. Few seconds later I got hit again which made me unconscious. Minute later I saw a player approach my body (turned up gamma and opened the menu). He had no axe, rifle or backpack on him. Just a .45 handgun which he used to finish me off.

That made me suspicious but not suspicious enough to blame hacking/cheats. There was some lag on the server beforehand. He could've hit me with lag on his side, see me go unconscious, hide all his gear nearby and then loot my body. 

• Like 1

As if i would know one if i saw it.

Seems weird shit happens all the time in online games. I just shrug it off as acts of gods and something that must be overcome or die trying.

yesterday i was waiting for my m8 to meet @ NWAF

i shot a player inside the controltower, seconds later another player (maybe his friend) came arround the corner, then this happend:

0:17 and 1:20

i really dont know... what do you think?  he moves really fast and warp / lag trough walls etc until he reaches the hill. then he maggicly has no "lags" and start sniping me...

i think its no cheat, maybe a network exploid...

Edited by quantum2k6

I have not seen  a hacker in standalone. 293 hours played.

Only cheating I saw was clever exploiting of game mechanic.

Lets also look at your gameplay.  From your words.

My character has been alive for like 48+ hours now, and this is only becouse I know how to play standalone now, don't go to big cities, miliatary areas or airfields or stairs or ladders etc.

So in otherwords you don't go ANYWHERE there could be other players or even HACKERS in the game.  Your only form of human interaction is these forums where you just Troll all day long.

How could you see/find a hacker if you hide in the hills where no one explores Alt-Tab'ed trolling forums?

Lets also look at your gameplay.  From your words.

So in otherwords you don't go ANYWHERE there could be other players or even HACKERS in the game.  Your only form of human interaction is these forums where you just Troll all day long.

How could you see/find a hacker if you hide in the hills where no one explores Alt-Tab'ed trolling forums?

Well yes, but if there was a hacker with maphack etc. he would come and hunt me down right?

What hacker could resist the fun of killing some player that thinks that he is safe in forest on the North?

I've been the only player on a server - testing how different lights / gas lamps work at night, only to have another player join and within moments be close enough to attempt to kill me.

There was absolutely no chance they joined near me by random, since I was in the middle of nowhere - and certainly nowhere near any of the notorious server-hopper spots...

I've also seen a guy using teleport hacks to jump around.  This was no de-sync as he could use it to fast-move, and also could literally announce each teleport in direct beforehand...  :o

I'm sure there are probably also tonnes of people using ESP hacks without any of the rest of us knowing.  >:(

I have seen multiple cheaters. at least 6 I could confirm. Mostly the teleporting cheat, but also ESP players

As of today on both my regular and hardcore characters, both experienced instant deaths.  Suspicion of a hacker or a really bad admin.

Nope. Seems to me that the only folks who post stuff like this in forums are script kiddies who have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Ok i have 100% experience hackers in this game and I will explain...

I have 366 hours played for one, and i run a server, me and my clan m8s try to use the server to recruit and have done pretty well with it.

One night 2 guys join our TS for a game after we asked them on and they then start explaining how they previsouly used hacks in teh mod to "admin" their modded server with safe zones. They used aimbots and wall hacks to see and kill players entereing the safe zones to keep it "safe". Ovbisouly me and my pals were pretty shocked at this and I found it quite funny that they just rolled into our TS and announced this shit like it was ok ? oO They even went on to send links to screenshots of them selves using wall hacks in the SA.....

Example: http://oi43.tinypic.com/33u4cqp.jpg Its just an image....

So then we experienced this type of hack, maybe it was these guys as I swiftly banned them from our TS and website ( would be nice to of banned them from my flipping server too btw :| ) but yeah, so theres like 12 of us all playing spread out around Elektro doing our usual thing, killing fully geared dudes and helping the fresh spawns who pass through.

Suddenly one of us notices a few tooled up guys on the small hill by the green house with the water pump. ALL 12 OF US DIED IN 1 MINUTE !! There was no way on earth they could of known where we all was, some were on roofs, some in buildings ect, it would be impossible to know where we all were situated, not even could it be coincendence, the guys on the hill must of had green fukin boxes dotted all over elektro and basically smashed us all up with in seconds.

So yeah, that is my proof, they 100% were hacking and i have admind servers for years so I can spot the signs imo and i hope that there is a way implemented so you know who killed you so if you suspect this kinda shit you can see the patterns of deaths ect and nail the twats...

All this being said this happened BEFORE battleye was introduced and I have not seen or noticed anything since. I would go as far as saying there is very small amounts of hackers if any now....

• Like 1

Not sure if it was a hacker or just unlucky but this just happened. Low pop server maybe 5 or 6 people. SW military base taking my time scouting, see nobody enter and shut the door behind me. Go to the end of the hall to the last bunk room and slowly make my way forward crouched the whole way. About mid way shots fired from what sounded like an FNX pistol, I was able to spin around 360 degrees  before I blacked out and one was in the hall or bunk room I was in front of. This was an isolated barrack surrounded by trees with no place to snipe from. I don't mind getting killed in a fire fight but it just didn't feel like it was done legit. Crouched, no one entered the barrack as I loot quickly, no where to snipe from. It could have been somebody logging in but I didn't see them and the chances are very low with 6 players on the server in a random isolated barrack. BTW I am still unconcious as this just happened several minutes ago, how long before I bleed out and die? Since I was not dead wanted to see if I could revive and possibly figure out how it happened.

170 + hours. Literally just saw my first ones the other day. I've experienced lag and yada yada yada, this was not the same thing. I saw this guy moving across the map at super speeds. He knew my name too(somehow).

Another player I was with, moving and talking to me totally fine. I warned him about these dudes, and i shit you not like 3 seconds later they pop in out of nowhere. Him and his friend just literally appear. "I told you not to loot that body zach", he says. Then he killed us both.

Hackers.

Also, at one point he was dead, and his dead body was moving across the map at high speeds. Thats why he told me not to try and loot him. He was moving too fast anyway.

Edited by TripX7

I'm seeing very few hackers on Youtube.  But there are some.  Perhaps they get banned quickly.

There are "invisible" zeds which hit though the ground/floor, but they are just a nuisance.

I saw something that surprised me.  A survivor ran off the hospital roof, when I looked over the edge expecting to see a dead body, I saw instead the survivor continue running, right through the buildings.  I think this is wall hacking but it looked like no clip.  I then started recording and decided it was time to go hide, and died in 30 seconds with no one near me, no shot, I was healthy too.  I did hear a kind of muffled whump which could have been a melee hit but I was alone on the roof.

30 seconds:

Yes. I came across with a hacker 4 days ago after 148 hours of play. Died twice to him. Shared my experience here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/173430-massive-exploithack/?p=1777934

I don't understand people belittling this issue. Hackers don't exist cuz you were lucky enough not to come across with one of them? 

For me, it made me stop playing this game instantly. 

I and my friends were killed by a hack a few weeks ago, me and a friend were on the first floor on hospital, then someone killed us shooting through walls and instantly after this another friend who was on the roof also was killed in the same way, all with an interval of 2 seconds, pretty sure it was some kind of hacker, sorry for my bad English

played around 100 hours now...

Just experienced the same thing, but I think it's an exploit. Some walls can be jumped into, and shot out from. 

"My guy" logged (or teleported) in first floor watchtower, right next to my friends. They unloaded their ammo at him however nothing seemd to hit. They both died soon after.

Relentlessy I walked in to try to save one of them who were unconcious, However I got shot at through the stairs, so I ran away from him. Little did I know that he could shoot through the back wall and he finally kill me.

I don't know how it works, but the ONLY other guy on our server was called "Nightb*itch" (insert i into *), servername: "Vikingz DayZ - Best server EU Regular 115188"

The incident happend around 0.50 - 1.00 tonight the 20th feb.

PS: I don't neccesarly believe the server is at fault, but I feel it's appropriate to mention both Char name, server and timeperiod to see if this could be avoided in the future.

- Thanks for reading.

Personally know someone who hacked... I haven't seen him on since a patch prior to v.30

Probs banned.