Grimey Rick

Pretty game is pretty.

My single GTX 580 holding it down at maximum settings:

ZOW53cM.jpg

Pretty game is pretty. :3

• Like 15

Beans given.

Because stating the obvious, when so few people have even bothered to see it = win anyway!

So many people INSTANTLY hop into disabling this and that "eye candy" feature, it sometimes makes me wonder if devs should just stop making beautiful games altogether...

its nothing to bat an eye at, there are plenty of better looking games :\

True:

Street_Fighter_II_(arcade)_screenshot.pn

• Like 5

Yeah, that's them told. Shall we skip off together to tell some kids Santa's not real?

• Like 3

I'm constantly panning my screen so the light fans through the trees making my char look majestic :thumbsup:

Kinda

Edited by Kestrol

Of course there are but do they have zombie apocalypse??? The zombies and the sandbox were the draw for me the pretty keeps me here cause it sure ain't the survivors... just sayin.

For me, at the moment, sun is glitched and shines even through damned buildings or hills.

Does not make game very pretty O_o.

Also when I turn ambient oclusion ON, it literally eats like 50% of my FPS.

My rig i-7 4770K, 8GD DDR3 and Radeon HD7870 2GB, game on SSD. I believe this hw should be more then enough to run this game on max, but as we all know, it just ain't.

Oh well, I will patiently await client optimalisation, after last patch of two the game feels more fluid indeed.

I just wish I could play SA on max O_o.

edit: dat is the prettyness!3XAZiIU.jpg

Edited by Hombre

Blimey I wish my 760 would do 77 FPS on max settings, I'm getting just short of that with everything on normal. Then again I am running at 2560x1440. :o

I'm having FPS issues with a GTX 770, 3.6ghz quad core and 16gb of ram. Can only pull about 30fps max out in the wild... drops to like 15 in the cities. If I put the settings on very low I get over 100fps constantly, but the game looks terrible. :(

I can run BF4 with everything on Ultra and get 60fps consistent even on the biggest maps and in the most intense firefights. I guess I just have to wait for optimisations unless anyone has any suggestions? 

Surprised nobody has linked this gallery yet.. http://imgur.com/a/C0HiU ..which is the game running at 4k resolution!

lJ7keXg.png

This pic is not 4k, but still damned nice. Check the rest of the gallery for some really detailed images.

Nothing to do with me but the lad lists his specs as: CaseLabs TH10 + Pedestal, MSI Big Bang XPower II X79,Intel Core i7 3930k 3.8GHz 12MB @ 4.8GHz, Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz CL11 @ 2495MHz 11-13-11-26, 3x EVGA GTX 780 Classified ACX 3GB @ 1305/7812, 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB @ Raid-0, 2x Western Digital Red 3TB @ Raid-0, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E, 2x Corsair AX1200.

Yes you read it right 3x780 on a i7. There is a pic of his rig setup somewhere, it looks like something from a SciFi film set.

• Like 5

Surprised nobody has linked this gallery yet.. http://imgur.com/a/C0HiU ..which is the game running at 4k resolution!

lJ7keXg.png

This pic is not 4k, but still damned nice. Check the rest of the gallery for some really detailed images.

Nothing to do with me but the lad lists his specs as: CaseLabs TH10 + Pedestal, MSI Big Bang XPower II X79,Intel Core i7 3930k 3.8GHz 12MB @ 4.8GHz, Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz CL11 @ 2495MHz 11-13-11-26, 3x EVGA GTX 780 Classified ACX 3GB @ 1305/7812, 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB @ Raid-0, 2x Western Digital Red 3TB @ Raid-0, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E, 2x Corsair AX1200.

Yes you read it right 3x780 on a i7. There is a pic of his rig setup somewhere, it looks like something from a SciFi film set.

The funny thing is, given the game's poor optimization, I'm willing to bet he can't run it at 60 steady FPS even with a triple 780 sli.

lJ7keXg.png

Grid 118 007. 

The game actually looks great if you turn post effects on. Because how the arma engine works, you can usually run max textures on anything also.

Beans given.

Because stating the obvious, when so few people have even bothered to see it = win anyway!

So many people INSTANTLY hop into disabling this and that "eye candy" feature, it sometimes makes me wonder if devs should just stop making beautiful games altogether...

that's because not everyone has money flying out of their ass and are not blessed enough to be able to run games on these settings. that's why so many people disable it. especially in dayZ and arma 2 where the eye candy features like post processing give people seizures.

• Like 1

INB4 getting moved to gallery section :)

People disable clouds and grass so they have an advantage so they see other players more easily, I say fuck them. I don't like looking at garbage that's why I try to keep everything maxed... BTW GTX 660Ti here.

This picture was not edited.

2014-02-15_00003_zps1580df90.jpg

I have my settings set so that my FPS is bearable. Most things are turned off or low, but my game still looks good with tweaked settings.

PP eats my FPS though. 

INB4 getting moved to gallery section :)

People disable clouds and grass so they have an advantage so they see other players more easily, I say fuck them. I don't like looking at garbage that's why I try to keep everything maxed... BTW GTX 660Ti here.

This picture was not edited.

2014-02-15_00003_zps1580df90.jpg

For some reason, I feel like your screen is SUPER dark.

Here's  a simple capture I took while running around. For some reason the game refuses to utilize my GPU as well as it should. 

AMD FX-8350 @4.8GHz 

EVGA GTX770 4GB Classified

DZLt1ih.png

For some reason, I feel like your screen is SUPER dark.

Yeah, if you look at the sun at day time it makes your screen annoyingly dark, also I have clouds turned on :P 

Yeah, if you look at the sun at day time it makes your screen annoyingly dark, also I have clouds turned on :P

As do I in my last screen shot. Which looks weird. There are no cloud definitions at the moment. I would have to travel the map. It just looks like one big grey glop in the sky lol

Being a tourist...

oqow.jpg

I have clouds turned on, I do find the sun always seems to be infront of me though.

Sadly I have to turn settings down quite frequently as my setup is pathetic.

Edited by Kestrol

Wait till your deep north, just below the edge of nowhere, overlooking autumn fields and trees. Almost makes you forget your starving and lost lol

• Like 1