Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

A console version would kill this game tbh..

The developers always claim it wont impact the PC version....... it ALWAYS DOES! It'll be far worse with Dayz and how small the development team is, they'll have a load of resources going over to the console version, then progress on the PC version will be slower than it already is. Then you start seeing things dumbed down for the PC version so they can speed up development by keeping things the same on each platform. 

Standalone is shit enough as it is, I cannot see it rivalling the Mod in the next year, progress has been so slow, the modders of the mod are storming ahead and SA is void of any content. The focus needs to be on the PC version, getting it to run smoothly, not having FPS drop to 20 in cities, fixing zombies and loot, putting in vehicles... I mean why aren't vehicles in? It's so unplayable without them, either give me an auto run or vehicles sometime soon. I don't know any one who plays SA any more, all have quit and just play the mod from time to time,

Console version is a no go tbh, it would be so disappointing to see this game getting ported to them. Is there any need to these days? The PC has like 80 million on Steam and whoever else, including potential users. These new consoles are already under powered, struggling to do 1080p and are largely pointless. This is the first time ever, where consoles have launched so far behind PC hardware, usually they're on par, but not this time. It's only going to get worse with new APIs like Mantle, which show a 60% increase over DX in BF4 and new hardware that gets released every year.

Skip the consoles, focus on the PC.

• Like 9

Your blowing this out of proportion. There isnt anything to worry about. The articles have asked for his opinion on a 'possible' release on next gen consoles. What sane minded person would rule out any possible future project at this stage in development.

Having listened to Rocket on a twitch live stream playing with Sacriel this week it's clear that the PC version is the only way forward until its finished. There was some great ideas for future additions.

I'm a console gamer primarily. Dayz is the only PC Game I play (more so than my new xbox one) so I'd be happy for a console version.

I would also think Rocket may like the challenge of bringing a game like DAYZ to consoles as if it worked it would be a game changer for the console market which can only be a good thing.

• Like 8

i play both my xbox one and my pc and don't see why it would be bad if it went to xbox one.  half the time we are playing this game and talking to xbox party chat and using xbox controllers anyways (i use keyboard but use the controller for long runs, my friend uses the 360 controller on this game the whole time) so honestly we might as well be playing on xbox one at this point.

• Like 1

It's not gonna happen anyways. I know I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again : The Xbox and the PS4 are too weak. Please, before telling me otherwise, have a look at the specs of an xbox, and compare it to your PC. Can you imagine the fps?

Do you remember MoH:AA and how great was that? Then the first couple of CoD games? Damn fine games, created by the same team responsible for MoH:AA. They were all designed for the PC, built on the PC by PC gamers. Further games however were not and the lack of realism, the dreadful hit boxing and utterly shameful aim assist are down to the game being switched to focus on consoles.

• Like 5

I honestly don't know what youre on about with the whole "No one plays SA anymore". Every time I log into my steam OR simply look at the server browser, there are TONS and TONS of servers AT max capacity. Much more than the mod. The only activity the mod gets, in my experience, is with Epoch and it's still not as active as I see SA is. SA is for the lack of a better term, more VANILLA of a dayZ experience than Epoch and similar mods of the mod. While I like the base building aspects and stuff like that, it's just not much more than a deathmatch game, ala Wasteland with Zombie npcs roaming around. Everyone running around with Mk12s, Scars, M4A3s, DMRS, M107s, etc. And don't get me wrong, that's fun and all. I used to love it. It just takes the entire vision for dayz, which is a bare bones survival apocalypse game, and shits on it. Surviving aint hard in the mod. Drink a can of coke. Eat a can of beans, and by god: self bloodbag yourself every time you get grazed. Meh. 

I do understand  the point of not creating a console version. At least not until the PC version is in it's prime, when a release version has long been released, and that won't be anytime soon. 

• Like 1

SA is awesome game currently, imagine how awesome it will be when it's 100% finished, and I disagree that it's shit atm, it's rly fun, people have different opinions

When it comes to consoles, I totally agree with OP and I hope they'll never release for it, but we need PC gamers to support them enough so they could avoid consoles first, I would understand Rocket if he decides to release console version atm, but if we show big support then I am sure he wont even think about it

Hey, you guys heard? The sky is falling.

It is what what ( rushes of to start thread the sky is falling..)

I don't think they could port DayZ to a console.

If they did it would be super dumbed down. How would you map the complex controls to a controller for a start?

I don't think it will happen.

It's not gonna happen anyways. I know I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again : The Xbox and the PS4 are too weak. Please, before telling me otherwise, have a look at the specs of an xbox, and compare it to your PC.

Can you imagine the fps?

Dude, wake up. The ps4 is a powerful machine, better than what most people play even this game on.

quote name="DoctorBadSign" post="1779247" timestamp="1392467741"]

I don't think they could port DayZ to a console.

If they did it would be super dumbed down. How would you map the complex controls to a controller for a start?

I don't think it will happen.

Lol, complex controls. /facepalm

Edited by stuligin
  • Like 1

The developers always claim it wont impact the PC version....... it ALWAYS DOES! It'll be far worse with Dayz and how small the development team is, they'll have a load of resources going over to the console version, then progress on the PC version will be slower than it already is. Then you start seeing things dumbed down for the PC version so they can speed up development by keeping things the same on each platform. 

Standalone is shit enough as it is, I cannot see it rivalling the Mod in the next year, progress has been so slow, the modders of the mod are storming ahead and SA is void of any content. The focus needs to be on the PC version, getting it to run smoothly, not having FPS drop to 20 in cities, fixing zombies and loot, putting in vehicles... I mean why aren't vehicles in? It's so unplayable without them, either give me an auto run or vehicles sometime soon. I don't know any one who plays SA any more, all have quit and just play the mod from time to time,

Console version is a no go tbh, it would be so disappointing to see this game getting ported to them. Is there any need to these days? The PC has like 80 million on Steam and whoever else, including potential users. These new consoles are already under powered, struggling to do 1080p and are largely pointless. This is the first time ever, where consoles have launched so far behind PC hardware, usually they're on par, but not this time. It's only going to get worse with new APIs like Mantle, which show a 60% increase over DX in BF4 and new hardware that gets released every year.

Skip the consoles, focus on the PC.

Zzzz, sorry you where saying anything of value?

Dude, wake up. The ps4 is a powerful machine, better than what most people play even this game on.

1.75 GHz..... One point seven five. I'm awake, who are you?

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 2

Im fine with a console version tbh.

If any compromises need to be made to make it work, they can simply pull a Blizzard D3 and segregate the different platform players to their own hives/servers/whatever.

Even though I don't own any consoles anymore, I would love to see this on console, if for nothing other than me wishing that Rocket and his team does well at this project.

1.75 GHz..... One point seven five. I'm the one awake, who are you?

Performance is not merely a measurement of dick length...

Performance is not merely a measurement of dick length...

Listen, please go into your bios, cap you CPU to 1.75 or even 2.0 GHz and tell me how many minutes it takes you to start the game.

Stop being butthurt console fanboys and look at the facts, PLEASE.

Listen, please go into your bios, cap you CPU to 1.75 or even 2.0 GHz and tell me how many minutes it takes you to start the game.

Stop being butthurt console fanboys and look at the facts, PLEASE.

And a FACT, as you so kindly refer to it, is that the PS4 has MORE THAN DOUBLE the memory transfer speeds of any desktop computer (except maybe the new mac pro).

Like I said, I don't even own a console of any sort, but performance is not simply measuring one thing and throwing down as if that's the end of the test.

And a FACT, as you so kindly refer to it, is that the PS4 has MORE THAN DOUBLE the memory transfer speeds of any desktop computer (except maybe the new mac pro).

Like I said, I don't even own a console of any sort, but performance is not simply measuring one thing and throwing down as if that's the end of the test.

yes, that's nice, BUT not what matters! You need a strong CPU, and a decent GPU. That's what matters, and the "next-gen" Console just don't have it. Sorry, but they just don't!

Don't be mad at me, be mad at microsoft & sony!

• Like 1

yes, that's nice, BUT not what matters! You need a strong CPU, and a decent GPU. That's what matters, and the "next-gen" Console just don't have it. Sorry, but they just don't!

Don't be mad at me, be mad at microsoft & sony!

Because having a Boeing engine installed into your car, without modifying the capacity of the fuel-supply-line would totally end up using all of the power of the new engine, RIGHT?!

And seeing as you have a hard time with understanding, I am forced to link you simplistic resources like Wikipedia.

Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

Edited by Wheunis

Because having a Boeing engine installed into your car, without modifying the capacity of the fuel-supply-line would totally end up using all of the power of the new engine, RIGHT?!

And seeing as you have a hard time with understanding, I am forced to link you simplistic resources like Wikipedia.

Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

well, that works against you. The consoles are AMD. But thanks for sending me the link. Your boeing example is flawed as we are not trying to up scale, but to down scale. A car with a oversized engine will still give you 100%, but not the 6000% you were hoping for.

Porting DayZ to a console is like trying to get the features of a tank into a fiat panda. It ain't possible. But I'm sure that people tried porting Arma 2 to consoles, let me know how good that went.