Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Just died to a teleporting hacker, haha.

Me and a friend were on the [4ACE] hardcore server running through Chernogorsk. We started taking fire from a Mosin and couldn't identify where it was coming from so we split up. The assailant was literally teleporting around us like Goku while kneeling. He was in front of me about 50m away, then disappeared. I heard a shot behind me, turned and the same guy was kneeling 100m out. I started laughing in voice communication calling him several choice names before he teleported again and my screen went dark. My friend didn't last much longer.

So funny to finally witness it myself.

• Like 2

I think it's funny, honestly. I've never understood the mentality. The guy missed me at least a half dozen times before finally hitting me. Obviously he wasn't very good. I guess that's why he was cheating!

I think it's funny, honestly. I've never understood the mentality. The guy missed me at least a half dozen times before finally hitting me. Obviously he wasn't very good. I guess that's why he was cheating!

The mentality is that they have little to no power in their daily lives, so they take it out in videogames where they have faux control.

• Like 1

I shot at a hacker from about 700 yards away last night. That was probably a big mistake. I know this because he told me this less than a second later before shooting me point blank. Ah well, it'll all get fixed in time.

So what is the final word on hacking the stand alone at this time in terms of ( do they actually get caught by battle eye and havebto pay for a new copy of the game)?   I doubt they are getting caught because i dont think we would see so much cheating if that were true.    

The thing i cant stand about them is that when they eventually get ip banned they go on about "Ohhh my brother plays this game blah blah bullshit blah blah"

I personally think all hackers should just get IP banned with no warning no alts no nothing. If their brother even hasn't done anything wrong, he should've known better

• Like 1

I can't play yet as my fps is awful, is the hacking that bad?

Just someone angry at the world cause no one likes 'em & they haven't figured out yet it's because their a dick.  I can get about as mad at a hacker killing me as I can a glitch, they have been part and parcel of my DayZ experience since the start, but I live in the hope one day they can be dealt with.  It's just another unhappy ending in the apocalypse..

Rocket needs to chill with what he says on live streams.

Edited by Strongtent
  • Like 2

Confirmed. Just had it happen to me and I got lucky. I was sitting in a house with 2 levels. In a room. The front door was closed and the top room door was closed. I turn around to leave and as I do that I have a dude with a mosin staring at me with gun up (remember this is on the second floor) and I side step spam my sks and he dies. The ground floor door and the bedroom door was closed still and I heard no foot steps and had been checking behind me very often like always. No log in sounds or anything. Was very suss. 

So what is the final word on hacking the stand alone at this time in terms of ( do they actually get caught by battle eye and havebto pay for a new copy of the game)?   I doubt they are getting caught because i dont think we would see so much cheating if that were true.    

seeing so much cheating the op has over 300 hours in sa and this is his first experience of it i have just under 200 havent seen a hacker yet(saw plenty in the mod in public servers though) if they get caught yeah they loose there dayz but seeing its linked to vac they loose there steam account to if caught...

Nothing ever stops them but compared to the mod i think they are doing alright..

• Like 2

seeing so much cheating the op has over 300 hours in sa and this is his first experience of it i have just under 200 havent seen a hacker yet(saw plenty in the mod in public servers though) if they get caught yeah they loose there dayz but seeing its linked to vac they loose there steam account to if caught...

Nothing ever stops them but compared to the mod i think they are doing alright..

Yea I have only had a few suss moments on SA. I just hope it does not get bad and they some how stay on top of it. 

sad thing is they come in waves obviously a new or popular teleport hack is in a week later BE will be on it till the next wave comes (unlimited ammo exploding ammo like grenades etc etc all things i saw in the mod) sadly its kinda like anti virus they make the virus then the anti virus catches up and a new virus is made.

i dont think it will ever go away but i also dont think it will ever be as bad as the mod due to client server design now arma 2 client was king told server what happens so hacks galore the balance is the other way in SA so there a little more limited but will NEVER be stopped sadly...

the game still has a massive amount of legacy code from arma. as long as sqf scripts work, there will be someone with a working injector bypassing BE and VAC. this is what needs fixing.

• Like 2

The bright side of this entire situation is that the game is not finished. I find myself getting frustrated at some points, and then I realize that I'm having an awesome amount of fun in the alpha for the mostpart. Though, until the next patch, I feel that this hacking situation is just going to gradually get worse as more people become aware of how to do it.

This raises a question, though --- how do we know who is hacking? Is there a way to see the player's name and the serverlist with Steam IDs as there is in many Valve games? Just out of curiousity --- I'm not criticizing anything. I love the game.

• Like 1

The bright side of this entire situation is that the game is not finished. I find myself getting frustrated at some points, and then I realize that I'm having an awesome amount of fun in the alpha for the mostpart. Though, until the next patch, I feel that this hacking situation is just going to gradually get worse as more people become aware of how to do it.

This raises a question, though --- how do we know who is hacking? Is there a way to see the player's name and the serverlist with Steam IDs as there is in many Valve games? Just out of curiousity --- I'm not criticizing anything. I love the game.

Not to be a douche by reviving an old thread about the same subject as most of what is being discussed on a regular basis here but - I feel this way as well, I am having fun on the alpha and can see the possibilities for the future and they look bright but perhaps a way to identify players in an easier manner should be researched; if not for security just for overall UI improvements.

Maybe we could have a system that shows players names above their heads at a certain vicinity? Then maybe we can get some footage of said asshole... but then the custom character naming on the main menu would have to be reverted to how it was at launch.

Anyways, this is just me trying to add some input on an already bullshit subject that should not exist if everyone would strive to become a better gamer as opposed to striving to get their rocks off as quickly as possible.

Edited by Strongtent

What's even more sickening is visiting their forums. Constant posts of thanking hack developers and saw on a board "thank god they finally updated, this game isn't fun without aimbot"

Ugh.

inb4 "what were you doing ton a hacker forum?" Was curious when I heard people actually pay $20+ to have to skill in another game they bought. Mind boggling.